Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Gonna check this one out....
images

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Movies I watched last week. I kind of went on HP Lovecraft spree :mjlol:

Bride of Reanimator - Not as good as the original but still a worthy sequel.

Beyond Reanimator - This wasn't good. It has Thor's wife in it and she looks good.

From Beyond - This was great. Great special effects and the comedy was well done. I like the story and will watch this again.

The Void - I've been waiting to see this and was kind of disappointed. The effects and main story was good. I got fed up with them repeatting two plot points. This had a lot of potential.

Guyver 2 Dark Hero - I watched this a lot as a kid. This is like an R Rated version of the Power Rangers with Solid Snake. Good action as well. Wish I could get a new Guyver movie.

Prince of Darkness - I liked the science aspect of the story. Some of the characters could have been more fleshed out but I liked that they showed how different disciplines of science needed to come together to solve a problem. I thought the way they changed people into followers of the Prince of Darkness was pretty lame. They just spat on people like a Dilophosaurus:russ: This movie had the most psychological creepy thing for me. The idea that every night you are fed a dream from the future about the destruction of man and its up to you to stop it:sadcam:

Into the Mouth of Madness - This was great. If you like Stephen King movies you'd probably like this too. I think this is peak 90s horror. Great story and cast. The ending was great. Matter of fact the whole last 20 minutes was a whole wild ride. Will watch this again.

Castle Freak(1995) - This was mediocre. The story was eh but it was executed alright. Kind of forgetable.

Dagon - I liked the story but the main character was terrible. I think if this was made earlier it'd have Jefferey Combs and would be better. The CGI doesn't hold up especially when you see the main bad guy. The practical effects are good, especially when a guy gets defaced. I'll probably watch this again.

Evil Dead - This probably has the best story of all the Evil Deads. If this wasn't a 40+ year old B movie it would hold up well. Even though some of the effects are dated the story brought me back into the movie.

Evil Dead II - This has a lighter tone but still ultra violent. This is the tone of the series that I think most fans like. Its closest to Evil Dead Rise and maybe a bit darker than the TV Series. Still fun and will watch again.

Army of Darkness - This was my first introduction to the Evil Dead universe. My dad had enough sense to not show me the other ones even though he had me watch some messed up horror movies as a kid. I had a fun time watching this, its a Looney Tunes type movie. I understand how older fans could hate it but I can't be mad at it.

Necronomicon - This movie was like 3 bad episodes of Tales from the Crypt. The last story was the most interesting. It wasn't executed well but it could be a movie on its own.
On that Lovecraft tip.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I watched The Samejima Incident. Its semi-found footage/zoom movie. It's pretty good on the found footage scales. I give it about an 7/10.

Whenever you see incident in the title you know it's gonna be crazy.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
lodgeposter.jpg

joe-budden-mad.gif

I'm angry with this trash ass movie.

For horror, we're allowed to have the suspense of disbelief but man this film's premise is so fukking insulting. You mean to tell me that not only did the dad in this film fall for a chick who survived a cult suicide pack, but he thought it would be perfectly fine for this medicated looney to be alone and stranded in the middle of a blizzard with his kids? The same kids whose mom just committed suicide over their dad moving on? :dahell:

I couldn't wrap my head around the story behind this movie. It kept pissing me off I wanted to kill the dad myself :what::gucci:

That nikka really said, "I'll be back in two days" but didn't come back until 4 or 5 days later. :why:

Never occurred to him that after the second day of not being able to have any contact with his fiance that it's best to go back to check-in? :martin:

And those dumb ass kids saw the video of those deaths from the cult, knowing she was medicated, and still did all that to fukk with her mentally, like actually taking away her meds? :childplease::pacspit:

And why did that goofy ass bytch of a mom kill herself over a dummy, leaving her kids with them :unimpressed:

And I see dumb fukks on Reddit trying to formulate some reasonable answer to why they thought the movie was good.

I AM SO fukkING PISSED THIS MOVIE fukkING SUCKS
Yeah the movie seemed like everyone needed to die.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I’ve done my research to form my personal opinion

Evil Dead Rise > The Evil Dead > Evil Dead 2013 > Evil Dead II > Army of Darkness

What’s wild is Sami and Bruce didn’t own the rights to the first Evil Dead movie when making ED II so they basically had to restart it, no it’s not a sequel.

Makes you think what the franchise would have been like if things with different

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I’ve done my research to form my personal opinion

Evil Dead Rise > The Evil Dead > Evil Dead 2013 > Evil Dead II > Army of Darkness

What’s wild is Sami and Bruce didn’t own the rights to the first Evil Dead movie when making ED II so they basically had to restart it, no it’s not a sequel.

Makes you think what the franchise would have been like if things with different

Evil Dead II is a sequel. They condensed the story from 1 into like 5 minutes for a recap. The same main stuff happens and Ash flys off like he did at the end of 1 at the beginning of the film. In Ash Vs The Evil Dead his sister is a cannon character who was in the 1st film, and not the second. The show also shows scenes from EVIL DEAD and EVIL DEAD II. I was re-watching the show but stopped after the 1st episode of season 3.