Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
MV5BYmJmZjllNDEtNzY4ZC00YmE5LTkwMGYtZjY5OTRjZTcxMjI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTMzOTMzMTg@._V1_.jpg
I watched Dark Nature. It's about a 5/10 for me. A group of women on a therapy hike/retreat encounter some kind of supernatural creature that plays off their fears/memories.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I watched some movies some quick thoughts

Matinee (1993)
Matinee2.jpg

Not a horror movie but I found the movie to be funny. More a coming to age story for a monster movie fan. John Goodman was great in this movie. They actually shot a short film for the movie MANT

The Pope's Exorcist (2023)
ThePopesExorcistPoster.png

This was pretty good. Russell Crowe was great as you'd expect. I liked the way they incorporated history and the Catholic church. The only problem I had were the possession scenes were already done in The Exorcist. I mean a cursing kid with a distorted voice, stuff flying, vomit, and head turning. I guess its hard to do an exorcism movie without all those things but when all of them have most if not all those things it gets tiring. I still think its worth a watch

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)
The_Autopsy_of_Jane_Doe.jpeg

I really liked this movie. Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch were good which they normally are. The story and the way the reveal the mystery were all set up nicely. I'd recommend you watch this movie if you haven't before.

To Catch a Killer (2023)
220px-ToCatch_A_KillerPoster.png

This could have been better. The killer being a mass shooter was a bit too real unfortunately. There's a few scene where I was like nah I don't want to see this happening. I think this movie was made to have people fix the mass shooting problem in America but I don't think it will. The mystery was descent but the chemistry of mentorship between Shailene Woodley and Ben Mendelsohn was best part of the movie. They didn't try to make this seem like it was in Baltimore at all. If you wanted to see more Baltimore because you're a fan of The Wire look elsewhere. I saw comparisons between this and Silence of the Lambs so maybe I'm too harsh. Silence of the Lambs is a much better film but it is one of the best. Shailene Woodley was good at the end of the movie but I didn't buy her being a recovering drug addict. If you want to watch a movie with you're S.O. and you both don't mind the real world horror being displayed than you can be mildly entertained watching this.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
As a member of the coli-horror council , I am requsting a townhall meeting and intervention for @Nicole0416_718_929_646212
this is cot damn ridiculous :mjlol: she need to requst to be bushed in the horror thread indefinitely , she just need to be banned from leaving out this thread lmao

10.png

Yea I forget to post in here unless I see it in my alerts. Lately its been her, abominable, or storyteller that have been reminding me to say something.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Pope's Exorcist (2023)
ThePopesExorcistPoster.png

This was pretty good. Russell Crowe was great as you'd expect. I liked the way they incorporated history and the Catholic church. The only problem I had were the possession scenes were already done in The Exorcist. I mean a cursing kid with a distorted voice, stuff flying, vomit, and head turning. I guess its hard to do an exorcism movie without all those things but when all of them have most if not all those things it gets tiring. I still think its worth a watch

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)
The_Autopsy_of_Jane_Doe.jpeg

I really liked this movie. Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch were good which they normally are. The story and the way the reveal the mystery were all set up nicely. I'd recommend you watch this movie if you haven't before.
Yeah, the Pope's Exorcist was a fun one and I really liked Autopsy of Jane Doe. The Pope's Exorcist had a nice mix of action and energy for a possession movie and Autopsy of Jane Doe nailed it with the mystery and scares.

Jane Doe in particular is really good imo. The sense of lore that it had makes me curious about what a sequel might look like. It feels like they could expand on that story a lot. This sort of original gem is what makes wading through horror sections on streaming services worthwhile.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The Boogeyman was OKAY. Mostly jump scares and hardly any kills, which was disappointing after the opening which was pretty promising. It had great atmosphere though and a few oh shyt moments, but some dumb plot holes and leaps in logic. Overall I think people will be disappointed but it’s not terrible. 6/10

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
got some heat on both these lists

I'll add the ones I haven't seen to my Trakt.

Pumpkinhead was good. If any of the sequels are worth watching let me know.

There's definitely gorier movies like Riki-Oh and Adam Chaplin. I wanted to check out Hotel Inferno from the guy that did Adam Chaplin but I need to be in the right headspace. It's a 1st person movie like Hardcore Henry.

I need to rewatch Dead Alive. The only time I've seen it was after the 1st Lord of the Rings came out. I don't remember anything from the Saw sequels except Megan Good was in one. I want to rewatch the franchise in October.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I saw the Nightingale listed as a thriller by the woman who made Babadook and gave it a shot.

"Set in 1825, Clare, a young Irish convict woman, chases a British officer through the rugged Tasmanian wilderness, bent on revenge for a terrible act of violence he committed against her family. On the way she enlists the services of an Aboriginal tracker named Billy, who is also marked by trauma from his own violence-filled past."

It's definitely not horror, though the opening is pretty damned horrific. It's a revenge flick. The lead woman is an Irish immigrant who hires an Aborigine to help her track some British soldiers through the wild. She and the Aborigine start off disliking each other, but they bond over their shared hatred of British Tyranny and racism. It's well shot, the wilderness is scenic, and there are there was a nice amount of realistic Irish culture in there so I'm guessing the bits of Aborigine culture were also fair.

But it's also kinda extra with the racism and rape that occurs throughout...I found it gratuitous personally. That stuff helps make hating the bad guys and waiting for their inevitable comeuppance nice, but it's a slow burn loaded with cism, assault, and abuse...the payoff didn't really feel worth the journey to me. I liked Jennifer Kent's work on Babadook and her episode of Cabinet of Curiosities; but this one was a bit disappointing.

If you like revenge films and frontier traveling stuff, it might land for you. But I wasn't feeling it.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
New Lovecraftian Horror

The breach

Produced by Slash from Guns -N - Roses ( for whatever that's worth)

the review is ----ehhh