Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Overall I thought it was a good movie....the scare factor really wasn't there for me though but I'm sure it's going to be like that for most of us in here...I will say that the boy in the movie did a great job....it's worth a watch....

I watched this since I saw it was up and been waiting to watch it.

71hXt6c1qNL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

It was ok. I thought there was going to be more action in this. I wanted to watch an R Rated The Mummy 1999 or something. This was along the lines of Legion, Constantine(best of bunch), or Van Hellsing. The movie definitely earned its R rating but the scares were kinda weak because it felt like a sterile Rosemary's Baby if that makes sense. I was never bored and these are the kind of movies that used to get from BlockBuster so :manny: Theres def some fukkery spots in here that you will either hate or appreciate the attempt.

first time in this thread and I'm a horror film afficionado. I don't like too many mainstream horror films(especially pg-13) but I'll watch the rated R ones. Amazon Prime is stepping up their horror game as their titles are getting better.

Right now Tubi is probably the best app for Horror movies. They don't cut stuff out and its free, but you need to watch commercials. If you want something free and don't want to watch commercials come on over to the
Cord Cutting Thread in JBO
:mjlit:

Off Prime I'd recommend Event Horizon with Laurence Fisburne. They also got The Collector/The Collection if you liked the Saw movies. I actually saw them recently and wanna talk but I'm going to wait until half time and finish my food.

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
So I finally watched The Collector and The Collection

These movies were pretty nice. They went all the way over the top with the second one and it kind of worked. I liked the first one the most.

The Collector

The two times I tried watching this I only got to the part were Arkin gets to the house at night and The Collector is there. I didn't see him torturing the parents at all. All I remembered was Arkin smoking a cigarette with the daughter so I restarted it.

Once Arkin saw all the bullshyt set up in the house he should have left. The money isn't worth it when a nut job had the dedication set up all that bullshyt in under 8 hours. The chasing around the house between the two trying or not trying to find each other was good. The only movie I've seen where they do that well is Don't Breathe but that came out later.

When the Collector pulled out the jar with the giant cockroach(?) I knew he was one of the exterminators. It was that and him setting a spider free and not killing it. It wasn't until the beginning of the first movie that I realized his mask looks like a wasp's nest:snoop:

The Collection

How the hell did this fool get and set a giant tiller in a night club:why: He has to have a platinum plus card at the Tractor Supply. Once people started getting chopped up I didn't care and was like :russ: this is where we're going with this one.

They did the sequel thing of bringing in some sorry military people. I guess they were inspired by Aliens. I'm only mad that they underutilized Bubbles from the Wire. Hes the best actor in the movie but he only had 3 lines and was a background character:francis:

The Collector really had his lair laid out nice. There's no way you're getting me to go in there. That American Doll girl was too much. She should have been killed first time she started acting up. Arkin really shot a bum in the foot to get the cops to show up:mjlol:

I heard they want to do a third one but I don't know where they can go from here. I'm sure one of these streaming networks would pick it up. Both movies were more entertaining than the sequels to bigger franchises that they've been putting out.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I watched Renfield tonight and really enjoyed it. Nic cage was great in every scene as Dracula. There were a lot of parts that had me laugh out loud and the gore was completely unexpected. I'm convinced the guys that made this movie saw Riki-Oh I'm pretty sure both movies had dearmings, a punch decapitation, and an X ray kill

I think the cop storyline brought the movie down a little bit but this is something I could watch over and over again, just mindless fun.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Watched Motel Hell and I gotta say I was disappointed. I was expecting a gorefest and got none. It’s a decent film worth watching at least once. :ld:
there really weren't many gorefest type films being released in 1980. You've got to realize the era it came out . This was a time that 7 years prior, The Texas Chainsaw Massare was seen as gory and there was only a few splatters of blood in the entire film lol. Just one year later in 1981(considered the best year ever for the slasher film) you'd get gory films like Evil Dead, Friday 13th part 2, My bloody Valentine, the Beyond, The Burning, etc. And even some of those were edited(Friday the 13th part 2 spear through both bodies scene). I'm sure if a remake happened for this film, they'd make it extra bloody.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
there really weren't many gorefest type films being released in 1980. You've got to realize the era it came out . This was a time that 7 years prior, The Texas Chainsaw Massare was seen as gory and there was only a few splatters of blood in the entire film lol. Just one year later in 1981(considered the best year ever for the slasher film) you'd get gory films like Evil Dead, Friday 13th part 2, My bloody Valentine, the Beyond, The Burning, etc. And even some of those were edited(Friday the 13th part 2 spear through both bodies scene). I'm sure if a remake happened for this film, they'd make it extra bloody.
The cover was very misleading (the chainsaw pig farmer). I'm not saying it sucked; it just wasn't what I expected. TCSM deserves a gore title since it dealt with cannibals. fukkin' cannibals. If anything, I wanted more violence and it didn't deliver. I do feel like I wasted money on it and I rarely get that feeling. Thankfully I didn't buy the steelbook version.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Salem horror fest review

How did I not know there was an Indian Nightmare on elm street remake!!!???

and why does it look like such fukkery!!!! :russ: :dead:

from the ariticle

mahakaal.jpg

Mahakaal

While I tried to squeeze in as many new movies as possible, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see India’s unofficial remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mahakaal (AKA The Monster), with an audience. Noted Bollywood horror directors Shyam & Tulsi Ramsay are no Wes Craven, but the 1994 film benefits from ripping off a genre master. The surprisingly effective nightmare sequences — atmospheric and well-shot with decent effects — are a sharp contrast to the clumsy rest of the film.

Shakaal (Mahabir Bhullar) — a burned, razor-gloved, mulletted (!) entity with a vendetta — stalks and slashes teenagers in their dreams; following most of the major beats from the original Elm Street, plus a subplot inspired by Freddy’s Revenge and a waterbed kill lifted from The Dream Master. But the first kill doesn’t occur until 45 minutes into the bloated, 132-minute runtime, padded by goofy characters (including a Michael Jackson-impersonating friend, who inexplicably plays two other characters as well), musical numbers that don’t advance the plot, and abrupt editing.

That said, it’s still the superior Elm Street remake! Mahakaal is available on Blu-ray via Massacre Video.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
first time in this thread and I'm a horror film afficionado. I don't like too many mainstream horror films(especially pg-13) but I'll watch the rated R ones. Amazon Prime is stepping up their horror game as their titles are getting better.
First time TFR poster you said? Welcome to the thread- enjoy your stay …

karen-black-trilogy-of-terror.gif

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I saw the Pope’s exorcist the other night with my girl. That thing was more of a comedy than anything. Based off of a true priest though apparently. 6/10 at best - story was just silly.

Side note: I don’t recommend anyone watching exorcist movies because I believe those things are real and not to be played with. I was just curious about this movie and what it was about.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

Damned good list
my aunt put me onto Don't go in the house when i was a kid
not necessarily a classic ( or a straight up slasher), but does hold its on over the years