Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Much better. A far-cry from how wooden she was in the fifth entry.

I think familiarity with the cast and embracing Sam’s crazy side more are factors that helped a ton here.
Lies
I went with the family to see Scream 6 and everyone found it really entertaining. It's a fun movie, Ghostface is more aggressive than ever, and the city-setting lent itself to some genuinely tense moments and scenes.

BUT...something felt off about it for me. It took all of the things that make a Scream movie and turn them up to the point of kinda-parody. Like Scream has always satirized slasher movies, but this one is entirely self-referential. It made it a fun movie, but I'm walking away not sure how I feel about it. Scream always has a bit of Scooby Gang to it, and characters have crazy HP...but this one took those to the max.

Also, I didn't get a NYC vibe from it. Idk if that matters to most, but I was looking forward to the familiarity and I just never really felt anything to make this city distinct from any other city in the Northeast.

Anyway, the kills were pretty brutal. The mystery was...very Scream. Kirby and Gail did callbacks. And I really like the Loomis daughter thru-line. So this gets a "pretty good" from me. It's got nice high-points, but this is the first time the meta-commentary got to be too much for me. That's crazy considering Scream 3 took place on a straight-up movie shoot and I was fine with it. :mjlol:
SCREAM 6 was false advertising, the trailer was a set up - for all intents and purposes , the movie could have been filmed in Denver, Colorado and it wouldn’t have made a difference to the story or the plot- They solely used the “NYC” scene as a marketing ploy. which I don’t like.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

damned good list
i can't believe that Adam Chaplin also made the list
This movie is fukkery & gore personified

here's the trailer - you would think it shows everything just by viewing it, but nope

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lies

SCREAM 6 was false advertising, the trailer was a set up - for all intents and purposes , the movie could have been filmed in Denver, Colorado and it wouldn’t have made a difference to the story or the plot- They solely used the “NYC” scene as a marketing ploy. which I don’t like.
I looked it up afterward, because it kept bothering me. They filmed that shyt in Montreal! :russ:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I looked it up afterward, because it kept bothering me. They filmed that shyt in Montreal! :russ:
Oh fukkkkkkk nooooooooo
:laff::deadrose:
I knew this shyt was fugazi. The only part of that movie that was NYC was the view of skyline in the first opening intro.
:beli:

I tried to post my list but the more that I typed, the angrier that I was getting, either that or my silly ass kept making myself laugh as I was listing the dumbass moves in this movie 😂so I just ended up going to sleep
:mjlol:

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lmaofff - that fake bodega scene, at No time in the history of ever would NYPD just show up to the scene of an active shooting and stabbing with only 2 squad cars. 😂😂 There would be like no less than 10 squad cars, 6 DTs And a tactical unit… not in SCREAM though. Lmao at filming in a Canadian city trying to reinvent scenes like its New York- they didn’t even get the NYPD siren sound right.. wocky asf
:deadrose:

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I see why Neve turned down returning to do this movie- Terrible storyline, bad plot - just goofy. She was like- you can’t pay me enough to star in this bullsh-t.😠

- the forced “comedy” with the lead characters jokes about the “franchise” was overplayed

- tinder date texts her that he can’t find his way to the only new bar on Hudson street so he tells her to meet him in an alley for help and she doesn’t find this suspicious at all
:comeon:

- getting stabbed/sliced in the throat and other vital organs 10x by 2 people at the same time is nothing but an inconvenience, you’ll be back up and joking by the end of the day bc the power of friendship saved you

- why did it feel like the beginning, middle and end of Scream vi feel like 3 different movies?? :what:It felt like they had 3 different Ideas For this movie and merged them into one

- ironically, Jason Takes Manhattan was a better movie than Jenna Fakes the Bronx

- expect your friend who was stabbed in the stomach to climb across a ladder while holding her intestines, then scream at her because she’s not moving fast enough

- “tell Sidney he didn’t get me”
:mjlol:
-couldn’t help but notice that Scream 6 writers were taking shots at the older OG original Scream fan base with the “Sidney deserves a happy ending “ and the “it’s sucks when everybody hates you” 🙄

- Sam not deleting Richie’s name in her phone. lol. Someone who tried to kill her and her sister is not immediate cause to remove him from your iPhone contacts list 😒

-
The eighth film promised to give new life to the undead Jason Voorhees by having him set sail for New York City in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. The possibilities seemed endless. Would we get Jason slashing his way through the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty, or across the Brooklyn Bridge? Hype turned to disappointment for many when most of the film had Jason on a boat on his way to New York, and when he got there, he stomped through some buildings, alleyways, and subway that were supposed to be New York but were actually filmed in Vancouver

Scream VI suffers from that same disappointment. A lot of that comes from making the exact same, dumbfounding mistakes that Friday the 13th made, for much of the newest Scream film isn't filmed anywhere close to New York. Shown prominently in the trailer, and having an integral part in the film, is the scene where Tara (Ortega) and Sam (Barrera) are attacked by a shotgun-wielding Ghostface in a New York City bodega. It's a thrilling scene, but that's not a New York store where the carnage is taking place. Instead, it's a street in Montreal, complete with yellow taxis to make it feel more like the Big Apple. The subway station where the gang encounters dozens of Halloween revelers and one very murderous Ghostface? Yep, that's Montreal too. The same goes for street scenes, school scenes, and apartment scenes.”

:mjlol: :mjlol: :deadrose:
The article writer not hiding the contempt for Canada. 🤭

Jason Takes Manhattan, despite its many flaws, at least gave us that one iconic shot of the hockey mask-wearing killer in Times Square. Scream VI barely takes us anywhere. There were so many settings to choose from. Any skyscraper from the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, or the World Trade Center. A plethora of bridges that we really only see in establishing shots. Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Rockefeller Center. We didn't need Ghostface running through them all like a New York City Greatest Hits, but at least one or two of them would have added so much, especially for a franchise that winks so much at movie past. If any horror film could have gotten away with an abundance of New York landmark shots, it would have been this one.”

“Gillett is right that the action and violence in the film is bonkers and over the top. The setting doesn't match that intensity. Nothing feels bonkers or over the top about this Montreal stand-in for New York. Scream VI has so much going for it, but it missed the boat when it came to highlighting New York. Friday the 13th at least had an excuse. They were a franchise falling on hard times and had a limited budget. That's not Scream. They had the money to show us a love letter to film's most famous city. Instead, we got Canada. “
😭

TLDR: Nothing about this film had New York energy

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Scream VI’s finale solidifies its overriding conventionality, resorting to tepid bombshells and even flatter bad-guy exposition that neuters any flickering verve. The fact that multiple characters who suffer grievous wounds wind up surviving in borderline-magical fashion—the better to keep them around for prospective follow-ups—only further proves that the film’s talk about reinvention and mortal stakes is so much hot air.

Worst of all, this sixth chapter boasts not a single genuinely unnerving jolt—a consequence of tepid writing as well as the familiarity of Ghostface’s tactics, which have long since become their own genre clichés. As a result, the smartest move made in Scream VIis the one that goes unseen: stalwart heroine Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell) opting to take a vacation rather than play another rotely gruesome whodunnit game.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watch list for tonight
MV5BNTZlMTBjODEtMWJmZS00Y2FmLWI1ZDQtOGIxOWEzNDM1M2M5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUwOTU3MjM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

And courtesy of @MidniteJay ’s recc - im on to this after

images

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TUBI TV:

Horror- April​

"3 From Hell" – 4/12

"Gremlins"

"Gremlins 2: The New Batch"

"It" (2017)

"It Chapter Two"

"Malignant" – 4/27

"Orphan"

"Poltergeist" (2015)

"Slither"

"The Conjuring" – 4/8

"The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It"

"The Grudge 3"

HORROR- May

“American Psycho 2”

“Animal” (2014)

Blade

“Blade II”

“Blade Trinity”

“Brightburn”

“Demonic”

Doom”

“Drag Me To Hell”

“Evil Dead” (2013)

“Hide And Seek”

“Jeepers Creepers”

“Jeepers Creepers 2”

“Queen Of The Damned”

“The Amityville Horror” (1979)

“The Blackcoat’s Daughter” – 5/21

“The Last House On The Left”

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I have from black and fear on my watchlist. Didn’t see good reviews on aka so give your previews once you done and based off that, might give it a try.
Ok. Got you. I’m viewing FROM BLACK now. Back with my thoughts in a couple of hours