Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Scream 6- Oh my gawd This is starting off wild corny - the opening character’s name is JASON and they show a panoramic view of MANHATTAN 😒🙄
giphy.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It’s not bad! 😹
40 mins in and I already hate this movie….I literally want every single one of these insufferable college kids to die

Special Agent Kirby Reed FBI??!!! This ain’t it

denzel-washington.gif
😭😭😂😂

See back in my day, the original Scream cast were at least somewhat likeable, had depth and had acting range to make them believable. These new gen CW dyckheads in this movie right here
:mjlol:

I think I already figured out who “Ghostface” is - or at least of one them
one of the Ghostface killers is the cop’’ daughter/dorm Roomate ?

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
40 mins in and I already hate this movie….I literally want every single one of these insufferable college kids to die

Special Agent Kirby Reed FBI??!!! This ain’t it

denzel-washington.gif
😭😭😂😂

See back in my day, the original Scream cast were at least somewhat likeable, had depth and had acting range to make them believable. These new gen CW dyckheads in this movie right here
:mjlol:

I think I already figured out who “Ghostface” is - or at least of one them
one of the Ghostface killers is the cop’’ daughter/dorm Roomate ?
oh yeah! the first scream is a classic! this one was good for what it was! but I can see why you don't like it!
yes! 😹

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
oh yeah! the first scream is a classic! this one was good for what it was! but I can see why you don't like it!
yes! 😹
I was right about one of the GHOSTFACE suspects
:laff: :dead:

her nypd dad wasn’t acting like he cared about her being killed either lmao . That’s when I knew for sure - his daughter is killed the night before and the next morning he’s running around chasing GHOSTFACE like it’s nothing. He didn’t even go to the morgue to be with her - I was like what type of father is this 😭he was sad for like 5 mins and instantly went back to doing his job

scream 6 was a 2/10 .. movie was a dub . Best moment in this was Gale Weathers calling Kirby a “zygote”. I’m going to bed
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Denver
Scream 6 inching towards fast and the furious levels of fukkery when it comes to how many stabbings these people can withstand :mjlol:

That being said, I thought it was a return to form for the franchise and enjoyed it way more than 5 :ehh:
I have it about the same as 5. Ahead of 2 & 3, behind 1 & 4

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I haven't seen many genuinely good horror options on the new drops. So I went and dug up an old school joint that I've heard good things about. Let's talk about 1971's "Let's Scare Jessica to Death"

british_quad_lets_scare_jessica_to_death.jpg

Jessica just got out of hospitalization for an implied mental breakdown. She and her BF have left the city and are going to a farm in the boonies along with a friend, so they can get a fresh start. But the land they've moved onto has a sordid history and shyt's about to get real weird.

The movie has that bad dream vibe that you only get from great 70's horror (Rosemary's Baby, for example). It's also got the '70s quality where characters make weird decisions and I'm not sure if it's due to a different zeitgeist or just movie logic. Regardless, the major scare-qualities in this movie come from the fact that we're in Jessica's headspace. We can hear her talking to herself, reassuring herself, and saying, "It's not real," when she starts to see weird things. We're also right there with her when a second voice starts whispering to her.

The movie starts pretty slow, but weird vibes and visual scares carry it through the early portions. When things ramp up, the creepy stuff really hits. A great score amplifies everything, and the voices in Jessica's head get louder and more aggressive. The plot takes some stretching and reaching, but it hits the most important part which is being creepy AF.

I also wonder if some of the shots in this movie helped inspire shots in movies that followed...Particularly the end of Friday the 13th.

Anyway...it's better than a lot of the budget horror I've been watching from more recent years.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I was right about one of the GHOSTFACE suspects
:laff: :dead:

her nypd dad wasn’t acting like he cared about her being killed either lmao . That’s when I knew for sure - his daughter is killed the night before and the next morning he’s running around chasing GHOSTFACE like it’s nothing. He didn’t even go to the morgue to be with her - I was like what type of father is this 😭he was sad for like 5 mins and instantly went back to doing his job

scream 6 was a 2/10 .. movie was a dub . Best moment in this was Gale Weathers calling Kirby a “zygote”. I’m going to bed
giphy.gif
huh-jr-smith.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol: :scust:
SCREAM 6 was trash status, worst movie in the franchise 🤬matter of fact, top 5 worst horror movie that I’ve seen. I have an entire roast list set prepared to post up tonight. I’m going in on this movie- wait for it - im picking this travesty apart
:sas2:

@Jello Biafra I’m giving SCREAM6 a 1 out of 5 Gun totin’ Ghostfaces

crunk-aint-dead-duke.gif

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
SCREAM 6 was trash status, worst movie in the franchise🤬I have an entire roast list set prepared to post up tonight. I’m going in on this movie- wait for it - im picking this travesty apart
:sas2:

@Jello Biafra I’m giving SCREAM6 a 1 out of 5 Gun totin’ Ghostfaces

crunk-aint-dead-duke.gif
I’m not too crazy on it myself. I thought it was solid but lacked cajones when the stakes got high for the “Core 4”, which I found disappointing after how much of a spin 2022’s entry put on things (Dewey’s death).

By the time we see the killers for who they really were in the climax, it felt like I was watching a lost episode of Scooby-Doo by how cartoonish these guys came across. You’d think a killer taking their masks off after so much pent up tension would showcase more menace but it felt like the opposite here. Like no joke, I was waiting on Detective Bailey to hit the vaunted “if it weren’t for you meddling kids” line. :unimpressed:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
interesting article

and the reasoning is spot on
I would swap # 4 & 5 on the list though though
Army of Darkness was Fukkery for Fukkery's sake
still a classic though
  1. “Evil Dead II” (dir. Sam Raimi, 1987)
  2. 2. “ The Evil Dead” (dir. Sam Raimi, 1981) ...
  3. 3. “ Evil Dead” (dir. Fede Álvarez, 2013) ...
  4. 4. “ Army of Darkness” (dir. Sam Raimi, 1993) ...
  5. 5. “ Evil Dead Rise” (dir. Lee Cronin, 2023) ..