Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
All great movies that you've got on your list to still watch. I'd rate Train to Busan, Session 9, and the Wailing above the rest. Though Black Christmas is a must for horror enthusiasts (a pre-Halloween slasher) and a lot of people rate the Babadook with the greats...I think it's a really good movie, but don't have it quite so high.

Yea I've been meaning to watch that and again after Nicole told me to see it.

I watched Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon a month or two ago. If you or anyone else haven't seen it, it's a mockumentary of a slasher doing his first kill. He has an OG in there that shows him the ropes. I looked up who the OG is supposed to be and it's the killer from Black Christmas.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I watched Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon a month or two ago. If you or anyone else haven't seen it, it's a mockumentary of a slasher doing his first kill. He has an OG in there that shows him the ropes. I looked up who the OG is supposed to be and it's the killer from Black Christmas.
I think Behind the Mask is great. It's kinda wild there haven't been copycats, because it's a brilliant concept for a deconstruction. I had no clue his mentor guy was supposed to be the killer from Black Christmas, that's a dope piece of trivia!

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

actually saw this on a cruise of all places back in 2007 or 2008 .
could not believe they had it as a selection.
My guy was all nonchalant about the cardio though.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I think Behind the Mask is great. It's kinda wild there haven't been copycats, because it's a brilliant concept for a deconstruction. I had no clue his mentor guy was supposed to be the killer from Black Christmas, that's a dope piece of trivia!

I agree with you. When I heard what the movie was about I instantly watched it. I thought it was something completely different whenever I saw the cover and brief synopsis.

There could be more copycats. I had an idea before I saw the movie about a travel cooking, like Diners Driveins and Dives, going to a restaurant that cooks people. Now that you said that I thought of a a movie where it's a Crocodile Hunter character that's shooting a show and it becomes a creature feature like Tremors :banderas:

Quick Question for All

I just downloaded Justwatch to keep track of movies to watch and what I can stream them on. If anyone knows a better app please let me know. I should probably just take some time and unlock my Prime Stick that's sitting in a drawer.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
41 but I included 2020 Invisible Man, The Omen Remake, and Suspiria Remake.

The one I haven't seen are A Quit Place, The Orphanage, Session 9, Train to Busan, The Wailing, The Babadook, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, Black Christmas, Host, and Nosferatu.

I've missed a lot of movies from 2010, I haven't seen many Asian Horror movies, and I haven't really seen many Black and White films. I normally try to watch 90s horror. I remember seeing the boxes at the video store and wondering what the movie is. I try to find out the movie ended up being like when they come across streaming platforms I have.
90s thru mid 2000s is my favorite era of horror. Soooo many classics and slashics.

Found footage was also good until it became over saturated and underwhelming.

Movies like Babadook or IT FOLLOWS - did not like, that whole “imaginary evil” open ended conclusion - was a miss for me.

Like you mentioned about watching on streaming platforms - I realized that I missed a lot of major movies first time around. it’s also a difference between watching certain horror movies as an adult v as a kid. I watched Blade for the first time last year, I watched SEVEN again over the weekend. When I first saw SEVEN when I was younger, I thought it was boring- i didn’t understand the underlying themes with the 7 deadly sins, Canterbury tales parallels etc, i remember being mad bc they didn’t show Gwyneth’s actual head in the box. 😅 But now, that movie is a Masterclass in tension, climax, atmosphere. (Disclaimer: Prior to knowing recent news that Kevin spacey is a real life pedo weirdo which is why he played the role of a psychopath villain so well).

BLADE basically birthed the vampire antihero subgenre. I saw Daybreakers and 30 Days of night after watching Blade,
:whew:
Not to mention -Rob zombie with the shock gore horror creations -
:wow:
goat era for horror originality and inspiration for current movies

Another underrated era for horror was the 70s, my dad loves his 70s horror movies with the killer plants (triffids), killer bees (the swarm),killer fish (piranha) 😭 so I appreciate that era by default.

I could go on and on with my list but I’ll save the rest of my thoughts for the weekend bc I have to finish up a project for work tomm

I’m not into remakes or re-imaginings as much anymore, 2021- 2022 were the year of the remake fails - stupid ass Halloween Ends, Texas Chainsaw, Munsters, way below expectations and I’m just over it 😠 .
I haven’t seen any of the newer releases like Scream6 or Evil Dead Rises but 2023 seems like it’s starting off on a much better note than the last.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Scream VI wasn’t bad but I think I’m good on the franchise. They’ve now been able to explain sequels, trilogies, requels and franchises. Unless they do a hard reboot, idk what else there is.

IDK how chad survived getting stabbed up by ghost face in 5, but then he gets it again in 6. Breh is unkillable. And the last decade hasn’t been kind to Hayden panetierre

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Scream VI is currently streaming on paramount+. Wasn’t expecting it out so soon. I guess the interest died off (pun not intended) and they decided to release it

Thought it wasn’t supposed to be available for stream until July, I’ll take a look and see what’s up with it . No need to wait until Friday to start watching this one,
:unimpressed:
the trailer looked real regular and expecting the same from this

Hayden Pantsuiteria better get killed off early or not have more than 7-10 mins of screen time .

Studio wouldn’t pay to recast Neve Campbell but they paid the troll toll for the 4ft undersized already presumed dead D list hollyweird actress from Scream 4 😡

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
Scream VI is currently streaming on paramount+. Wasn’t expecting it out so soon. I guess the interest died off (pun not intended) and they decided to release it

Thought it wasn’t supposed to be available for stream until July, I’ll take a look and see what’s up with it . No need to wait until Friday to start watching this one,
the trailer looked real regular and expecting the same from this

Hayden Pantsuiteria better get killed off early or not have more than 7-10 mins of screen time .

It’s not bad! 😹