Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
An American remake of “speak no evil” is in the works … hahaha

Speak No Evil: Mackenzie Davis joins James McAvoy in Blumhouse remake of Danish thriller
“James Watkins, whose previous credits include Eden Lake and The Woman in Black, will be writing and directing the film, which will center on a family who takes a dream holiday to an idyllic country house, only to have the vacation turn into a psychological nightmare. Speak No Evil is a remake of a 2022 Danish film called Gæsterne, which was directed by Christian Tafdrup. The director wrote the screenplay for the film with his brother Mads Tafdrup. Gæsterne was nominated for eleven Danish Film Awards, which are the equivalent to what the Oscars are in the United States. That film had the following synopsis: A Danish family visits a Dutch family they met on a holiday. What was supposed to be an idyllic weekend slowly starts unraveling as the Danes try to stay polite in the face of unpleasantness. And if you’re interested in checking it out, it’s on the Shudder streaming service under the title Speak No Evil.”

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I watched Stephen King's Secret Window with Johnny Depp on Netflix. I enjoyed it for the most part.

I was watching the movie and I was like :jbhmm:the guy waving from the truck is doing it pretty weird. Then when Shooter popped up behind Depp at night I was like I think he's not really there. When his hat was on the table I said for sure he wasn't real. When Depps phone rang at a convenient time I thought the cop from Mimic wasn't real but I was wrong about that. I like that they didn't have fake leads with the twist and you were able to see it coming if you were paying attention.

After the the twist the ending was good. I wish we got more Depp as Shooter. John Turturro was good as Shooter I just wish we got more of a contrast. I also wish we got to see more weirdo Depp when people think he's guilty.

Kinda wild Johnny Depp went off the rails because his wife cheated on him. That's pretty believable. Depp writing the story of how he's going to kill his wife then ends up doing it years later was also a great story point. That's actually similar to Basic Instinct
I'd put Gerald's Game above this one which is also on Netflix.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
MV5BMzM1MGFlODMtMTM4ZS00NTVlLTg5YjYtYWM1NDA1NTA2ZThjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjg1NDcxNDE@._V1_.jpg

@storyteller are you up on this yet?

Question for the thread participants - if someone takes you on a tour of a lakeside house with heated pool, seller offers $20k less than Market price, but there are bullet holes in the walls, are y’all still moving in or no?? Because apparently that wasn’t enough of an omen to the Lutz’ :skip:

George Lutz said that nothing would stop him from buying it. 🤦🏾‍♀️

I don't have MGM+ but as soon as I can get it on a nice streamer, I'm gonna go in on this one!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I don't have MGM+ but as soon as I can get it on a nice streamer, I'm gonna go in on this one!
Oh ok. Whenever you can get to it. found a hack - if you unsubscribe to these smaller/less known streaming services - they start offering 2-3 month discounts to resubscribe. I copped MGM+ for $1.99. I’ll just cancel it again when the 3 months is over 🤭wait a couple of months and reup.

The first ep of that Amity Doc was creepy as hell - I couldn’t finish it bc it kept me from going to sleep and I had to get up early for work, Never knew the husband Lutz was part of a demonic cult, he literally invented that dark energy into his family.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
MV5BMzM1MGFlODMtMTM4ZS00NTVlLTg5YjYtYWM1NDA1NTA2ZThjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjg1NDcxNDE@._V1_.jpg

@storyteller are you up on this yet?

Question for the thread participants - if someone takes you on a tour of a lakeside house with heated pool, seller offers $20k less than Market price, but there are bullet holes in the walls, are y’all still moving in or no?? Because apparently that wasn’t enough of an omen to the Lutz’ :skip:

George Lutz said that nothing would stop him from buying it. 🤦🏾‍♀️

I'm going to be honest yea. My house isn't lakeside or have a heated pool and has bullet holes in it:manny:

If they told me it was haunted and families have been dieing in there then nah I'm not moving in.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Oh ok. Whenever you can get to it. found a hack - if you unsubscribe to these smaller/less known streaming services - they start offering 2-3 month discounts to resubscribe. I copped MGM+ for $1.99. I’ll just cancel it again when the 3 months is over 🤭wait a couple of months and reup.

The first ep of that Amity Doc was creepy as hell - I couldn’t finish it bc it kept me from going to sleep and I had to get up early for work, Never knew the husband Lutz was part of a demonic cult, he literally invented that dark energy into his family.
MGM has a lot of heat lately! That Ammity joint snuck up on me, but I was already checking for Godfather of Harlem and From's new seasons.

I didn't know the cult stuff either, I'm definitely gonna enjoy the hell outta that docu series!