Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@storyteller are you watching the “Shrinking” series on Apple TV?
:mjlol:
This is one of those, “it’s late at night, I’m overly tired, I’m already on the app, too lazy to scroll, I’ll let this play out until I fall to sleep “ but it did end up being funny, the humor is very dry, dark which makes it even more comedic and now I’m up to episode 4.

Sean and his lol moments. If it wasn’t for Sean and Gaby - I wouldn’t be into it as much as I am.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Are we watching this ?

MV5BMzEyMDBmNmItZmI5My00ZDVjLTliNWEtZDc1NzMyYWY1MzNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_.jpg

I’ll check out the first episode

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@storyteller are you watching the “Shrinking” series on Apple TV?
:mjlol:
This is one of those, “it’s late at night, I’m overly tired, I’m already on the app, too lazy to scroll, I’ll let this play out until I fall to sleep “ but it did end up being funny, the humor is very dry, dark which makes it even more comedic and now I’m up to episode 4.

Sean and his lol moments. If it wasn’t for Sean and Gaby - I wouldn’t be into it as much as I am.

I haven't checked it out yet, but I'll def put it on my list. I started the Consultant, it's weird as hell. It's got enough intrigue that I need to see more to find out wtf was going on with all the weirdness.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I haven't checked it out yet, but I'll def put it on my list. I started the Consultant, it's weird as hell. It's got enough intrigue that I need to see more to find out wtf was going on with all the weirdness.
Started the Consultant too last night, “when he told all of the remote workers to be on site” in an hour or else they’re fired and the lady in the wheelchair rolled up a minute late and he still locked the door on her - I knew there would be some “straight from the headlines” fukkery incoming. I guess Christopher Waltz is supposed to be an Elon Musk, Zuckerberg demonic manifestation -I only watched one episode so yeah, it’s enough to take a ep 2 look

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Went to see Cocaine Bear
Tony MonBeara did the damn thing

the movie definitely did not take itself too seriously, starting with the intentionally bad Bear CGI and the 80's style sitcom humor and music
and had a lot of gore, more than I expected -
and they slowly snuck it in ,
the first 30 minutes , its not graphic at all ,then its like once it hits that 30 minute mark , they were like "fukk it"

the entire ranger station/ambulance scene was the highpoint of fukkery though &
way too many characters though for a 1:30 minute movie.

was not disappointed, the crowd was into it, which made it more enjoyable.
wanted to see a bear , high on coke, mauling people for about 1.5 hours ang got exactly that
the humor is hit an miss, though

would watch again and up for a sequel

only thing scarier than the movie was muthafukkers hacking and coughing and not covering :scust:
it was quite a few too.
germy muthafukkas

we had our masks on but, Damn, people , if you know you are sick, just stay the fukk at home and watch the HDcam when it drops

reminded me of this

may go to see evil dead in the theaters and call it a day with in theater viewings for awhile.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My trio of watches this weekend so far have been fun as all hell. M3GAN, Cocaine Bear, and The Reading...all good, and all very fun.

Yall have said all there is to say about the Reading. I will say that I was caught off-guard by how foul that opening scene was. Everything after that was hella fun, but sheesh...it started off dark. Mo'Nique bodied it!

M3GAN was just a lot of fun. They did a cool job with the robot's and I think the recent AI stories in the news helped boost the impact. M3GAN's attitude was funny as hell. I watched this one with a couple of friends and they were really enjoying it too. It's crazy for a robot to steal the show, but that thing was great. It managed to be petty and threatening all at once.

Lastly, Cocaine Bear, which I'll echo @abominable1 on. Nobody took their job too seriously, and that made this fun as all hell! The script packs a LOT of jokes into every scene; the kills are brutally funny sorta like Violent Night did; and they did a Guy Ritchie kinda plot...which is to say, they introduce you a bunch of different people/groups and then use the bear and the yayo as a way to bring these unlikely groups together for hilarious interactions and circumstances. I LOVE old Guy Ritchie movies, so this was a great vibe for me.

I'll also throw in that I went to the movies at 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon, and the theater was pretty packed. People were CACKLING with laughter at this ish. The crowd loved it. So I'm pretty hopeful that it has a strong box office showing. It's an original property, rated-R, and wasn't relying on star power or anything else. It's just a wild concept and a genuinely entertaining movie.

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
Apple TV + A24 has one

0030882b0d6179b913c30593ab48746c.jpg

My rating - 7.0/10 . Good watch - :yes: 3 plot twists In this movie masterfully executed, I must say

Gives off a “Cruel Intentions” vibes except with adults this time.
the part that was a No for me was the rich simp getting played by a drug addict for $350k after knowing her for only a few weeks ,

I just finished this! so many twist and turns! definitely a vibe! 7.5/10! 😹 now I'm trying see!

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Update:
spoiler-alert.gif

1. More F and Sh*t words
2. Cady - hospital scene is more graphic
3. The dog 🐶 - Deweyyy lol
4. Tinder
:deadrose:
5. More “Death” references
6. Pacing seems much faster bc they added extra scenes
7. More blood on display
8. They show different ethnicities, hair textures and skin tones for M3GAN prototypes

(- I’ll add on as I watch more )
-continued-
9. Brandon’s ear scene/scene at the park in general 😭
10. Dewey’s owner

I can’t front- the unrated version with the increased cursing and violence makes this feel Like a different movie 😂- the pg13 = for a wider audience, more slow paced, and dramatic. Unrated/TV MA rating Is for regular horror movie genre watchers= higher intensity, gore and fear factor