Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
No, what was it ?? Explain pls
:lupe:
The lead character's mom:

WapxfXi.gif

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
A sequel to “Plane” is officially taking flight — or rather, setting sail.

Mike Colter, who played accused murderer Louis Gaspare in the original film, will headline the new, nautical movie, which is aptly titled “Ship.” Producers MadRiver Pictures, Di Bonaventura Pictures and G-BASE Productions are returning for the sequel, with director Jean-François Richet also back as an executive producer.

:deadrose:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
checked this one out earlier because the breh wrote and directed it, did an interview on BET+ for up and coming film- makers of color i saw

its okay - not really scary , but not entirely a waste of time.
dude has some good ideas and i think with the proper backing , he'll have a good career with thrillers and horror

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’m at home sick today, loaded up “Knock on the Cabin”- movie is starting off very weird - what is M.Knight Shalamaranon up to ??😒🤨

Also Reason#2444.625656099 Vol.99 of why I will never take a vacation in the woods

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
watched it yesterday. Started promising and never really went anywhere with the plot.. disappointed
So basically, I should expect for this to be like OLD, (high buildup, lazy conclusion) and any other underwhelming movie he’s done in the past decade.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So basically, I should expect for this to be like OLD, (high buildup, lazy conclusion) and any other underwhelming movie he’s done in the past decade.

‘good example and I enjoyed old more. This one had way more potential than old and yet highly failed at being better.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
‘good example and I enjoyed old more. This one had way more potential than old and yet highly failed at being better.

I'd edge Knock at the Cabin over Old, but they're definitely in the same tier of a cool concept that characters discuss a lot while the "stuff actually happening" part is lacking. I'll give Bautista props though, he put up a solid performance.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I watched The Reading and liked it but it could have been much better. I'd still recommend it to anyone. I thought the lead was good especially since it was her first acting role and before that she was a contestant on Project Runway. The story was great and it hit beats that it needed to but I feel like it could have used some more setup and it was only 93 minutes long so it could have been a little longer.

Spoilers for what I mean since others might not have seen it.
With more leadup I mean we could have seen more of Monique's family to make us feel for them when they were killed in the home invasion. Maybe they could have played into that aspect a bit more like you were watching something like The Strangers or another home invasion movie.

Also the 1st reading I was like oh they scamming when she asked for the guy to deposit the money into the account and then maybe not even a minute later I was like oh shyt she can actually talk to the other side. If they would have let me in the dark to think it was fake longer it would have been more effective.

I also wish we got more background on the friends to make their deaths feel more impactful. I didn't really know they're relationships when they were going into the house and not sure if they were romantically involved with each other.

Some of the scares or fake out happen a bit too quick would like the tension to build up a bit more and then execute the scare. For example when Sky bumps into her friend before they see the postman if we follow her as she navigates the house and then she bumps into her friend. I think we go from one room into her friend which just happens too quick. Another thing that could have been long was her friend pushing the dead camera man's body out of the way so she can get out of the cubert that she was hiding in.

The twist during the mid credits worked a bit because we saw what Sky's home life was and that was the kind of life that Monique didn't want to go back to and was willing to do anything. Maybe we didn't need her looking into the camera and have it more ambiguous but I don't know.

Still a fun movie and I'll recommend it to anyone if they're a fan of the horror genre or not. Might seem like I didn't like it from my spoilers but I did and wish it was a bit better to be great since I did enjoy what we got.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd edge Knock at the Cabin over Old, but they're definitely in the same tier of a cool concept that characters discuss a lot while the "stuff actually happening" part is lacking. I'll give Bautista props though, he put up a solid performance.

I feel you. Maybe I just started cabin expecting too much based off the “potential” where with old, I knew it couldn’t go that much further with it. Bautista definitely played a nice role. That movie could have gotten so much crazier and pushed the envelope of horror. Missed opportunity. Little girl played a good role too. She can act.