Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
SEE is a good series- might as well try to binge all 3 seasons while you have it lol.

It’s wild violent, Each episode I think like 20 people from each “tribe” gets killed, no exaggeration - entire series is war, running through the woods, gladiator type battles fighting and more war, along with multiple scenes of people getting stabbed through the head, they went extra oddee with the head stabbing and decapitation in this 😭

See was flames. What an original idea for some action! I was sad to see them end it after three seasons, but at least they ended well for everyone...except Kofun, I couldn't stand Kofun.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
See was flames. What an original idea for some action! I was sad to see them end it after three seasons, but at least they ended well for everyone...except Kofun, I couldn't stand Kofun.
Kofun was a crybaby all 3 seasons-
:scust:
Raised by a man like Baba Voss and still acting like a useless bytch every episode. Letting himself get seduced by you know who.☹️🤮 Crying about his bio dad, crying about Baba Voss, crying about his mother, his sister, his son
:mjlol:
He didn’t start acting tough until the last 3 episodes before the season finale.

Queen Maghra was frustrating to me as well. She gave her sister way too many passes, Queen Kane was ruthless and Maghra was like - “she’s still my sister” or making excuses for her.

Best series that I’ve ever seen Jason Mamoa star in. You’re right - it did end well. Perfect conclusion to an epic series
:wow::mjcry:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yup, Roth is going to make a full length Thanksgiving movie.
Just saw a report a couple days ago that Patrick Dempsey is in talks to star in it and they are supposed to start shooting next month. Which means it will probably be out in November some time.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I
Was hooked by the first couple secs. You seem the movie “Wer”. If you’re interested in this you’ll most definitely love that. Sht is pressure G, gore galore and the plot and storyline is different.

I've been a big fan of Wer since thed first time I saw it.
I really liked how subtle they were with the werewolf stuff. There was something much more unsettling about what was basically a very hairy hobo running around ripping people to shreds than a dude in a furry suit doing it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Hmmmmm....

If it is going to be a black family dealing with possession it would be a nice swerve to have them not be Catholic and instead have a different religious sects exorcism rituals be spotlighted. There are rituals for expelling demons in religions from Christianity to Buddhism so there is no reason to only focus it on Catholicism.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
One of My favorite 90s era horror movies of all time
:blessed::blessed:

Now this is how to execute a sequel properly, leave the original cast to reprise the roles - all we need is Sarah Michelle Gillar to complete the cypher. (Until I remembered that she was killed in the first one 😂😭)
Helen should've been the Final Girl. She had a much better character arc than Julie. :hubie:
They should say she had a twin cousin named Hannah and let SMG come back for the reboot.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
“While McKendrick is penning the pic, the idea for the new film came from Robinson and McKendrick, who blew away studio execs when they pitched this idea for a sequel last fall, especially given the recent success of the Scream franchise. That film was recently relaunched with original cast members returning, and the idea of bringing back original castmembers to draw in old-school fans while also adding fresh faces to relaunch the series was too good for the studio to pass up”
:mjtf:
“Sony also saw it important to not reboot the franchise but do a sort of “passing of the torch”-type sequel where original castmembers are brought back as a new generation cast members are added to the ensemble, similar to films like Scream”
shaq-leaving.gif

I was with it until they started with the scream comparisons, pass the torch and “new generation” babble - looks like another saturated CW PG13 made for tweenagers for a cash influx mid-authentic event in the works, instead of repurposing the film for its core audience like me, there from the beginning - the art of horror for creativity is lost these days
:unimpressed:
They can probably do the passing the torch thing easier with IKWYDLS than Scream since you could have Julie and Ray's kid(s) and their friends as the new targets of some long lost member of The Fisherman's family.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
These two haven’t done anything noteworthy in the past and that kinda worries me on the chances of this actually turning into something worthwhile. At least for Scream, most of the horror community were already familiar with Matt and Tyler between their work on V/H/S and Ready or Not. So while many were skeptical on the franchise being brought back without Wes, there was at least some semblance of promise.

I’ll let ‘em cook but I hope this doesn’t end up like the failed Amazon joint.
Never heard of Leah McKendrick but Jennifer Kaytin Robinson is a decent writer. Unpregnant and Do Revenge were decent and Sweet/Vicious was a really good show.
She writes in a similar vein to Kevin Williamson.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

was not looking forward to this one... at all

but the trailer is :ehh:

probably will watch now

What was with that clunky cut edit that inserted the bad rock instrumental into the trailer? It was like the dude who put on YouTube wanted to sneak promote his band or something. :lolbron:

Here's the official trailer from RLJE. It doesn;t look nearly as bad as I assumed it would.