Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You what's funny?

Deadstream reminded me just back in October that you can never write this genre off if done the right way. But that list is short. I still love Cloverfield for the initial trailer/marketing and then actually seeing it in theaters.

But then recently, all of the hype and 5,000 word essays plastered all over the internet by film school rejects regarding Skinamarink and my subsequent viewing of this inexplicable hype train reminded me why I hate found footage films :manny:
I have a love-hate relationship with Found Footage. I'm old enough to have fallen for the Blair Witch marketing and seen it while I still thought it was real. Then we got Cloverfield and the first Paranormal Activity (I've said it a bunch in the past but I'll repeat, top-5 all time theater experience for me). But that also means that I went and saw more Paranormal Activity moves dry out the concept and I suffered through a bunch of poor low-budget found footage joints.

Then I hopped into this thread and found a bunch of hidden gems. I watched Banshee Chapter, Digging up the Marrow, and Grave Encounters. They got me really into the genre again. I even started to have fun with the Bigfoot one that ends with aliens, and some other lower budget stuff.

But now we've come full circle. Skinamarink frustrated me and I've completely worn myself out on Marble Hornets-style Youtube horror. So I'm basically in your boat again...frustrated at found footage being overhyped when sometimes those "new ideas" and "risks" are probably just budget constraints or shortcuts. I also hated the hype for Creep and Creep 2 (it wasn't as hyped but I still think it's way overrated).

The saving grace for me has been foreign found footage. Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum and Incantation are great imo.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Apple TV + A24 has one

0030882b0d6179b913c30593ab48746c.jpg

My rating - 7.0/10 . Good watch - :yes: 3 plot twists In this movie masterfully executed, I must say

Gives off a “Cruel Intentions” vibes except with adults this time.
the part that was a No for me was the rich simp getting played by a drug addict for $350k after knowing her for only a few weeks ,

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
Apple TV + A24 has one

0030882b0d6179b913c30593ab48746c.jpg

My rating - 7.0/10 . Good watch - :yes: 3 plot twists In this movie masterfully executed, I must say

the part that was a No for me was the rich simp getting played by a drug addict for $350k after knowing her for only a few weeks ,

i have apple tv + i'll try this out! 😹

Realm-Breaker

Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
Lol. That’s about the only apple branded movie they have on there that I watched until the end.

Haven’t really paid attention to Apple TV after they ran the last season of “ SEE”
i have it because i got an iPad for Christmas so I have it for 3 months! I might as well use it! 😹

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hulu via Freeform
“Watchful Eye”

“A wealthy woman composes a suicide note by the light of a Christmas tree and then jumps out the window of her palatial Manhattan apartment. Six months later, her kindly widower hires a recent college grad to care for their little boy. It’s a live-in position; in this old-fashioned luxury building, The Greybourne, nannies get their own cramped, dusty quarters on the top floor.

It’s a premise fit for a 21st-century tale of gothic horror—a contemporary answer to Jane Eyre or The Turn of the Screw, perhaps. But it’s also only the tiniest tip of the iceberg that is The Watchful Eye, a wickedly addictive domestic thriller that debuts Jan. 30 on Freeform (episodes will hit Hulu the day after they air)”

I’ll give this a try and see how it goes. First five seconds of episode 1 and they show a lady deleting herself by jumping off a building and the setting takes place in Manhattan. Good enough of a start
:yeshrug:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i have it because i got an iPad for Christmas so I have it for 3 months! I might as well use it! 😹
SEE is a good series- might as well try to binge all 3 seasons while you have it lol.

It’s wild violent, Each episode I think like 20 people from each “tribe” gets killed, no exaggeration - entire series is war, running through the woods, gladiator type battles fighting and more war, along with multiple scenes of people getting stabbed through the head, they went extra oddee with the head stabbing and decapitation in this 😭

Realm-Breaker

Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
SEE is a good series- might as well try to binge all 3 seasons while you have it lol.

It’s wild violent, Each episode I think like 20 people from each “tribe” gets killed, no exaggeration - entire series is war, running through the woods, gladiator type battles fighting and more war, along with multiple scenes of people getting stabbed through the head, they went extra oddee with the head stabbing and decapitation in this 😭

whoa! this sounds good ok i'll watch this too! 😹