Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
“Something is wrong with the children” could have been MUCH better than it was- highly unlikeable characters, annoying children, I didn’t see the difference in the children from before they were “turned” as opposed to the after. Both versions they were acting bad and goofy as hell.
:mjlol:
And no, we definitely did not need to hear the parents talk about their sex lives and whatever other stupid shyt about their marriage/friendships. One of those movies where I didn’t care who died, it became moreso, I’m continuing this movie to watch and see how they are murdered. Original version was far more superior.

Sooo much of the damage happened off screen or just out of sight too, it drove me crazy! I can't believe how bad they blew it. Someone came up with the hypnotic body-snatching cave, possible insectoid creatures with maybe psychic powers, and spent 2/3's the run time on "should they or shouldn't they have kids"

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is good 👍🏽 Unexpected twist :damn::damn:!! Monique can act her ass off …sheesh. She needs to do more horror movies.
p23812171_v_v13_aa.jpg

You was on point with infinity pool so now I’m sold. Will be my watch tonight

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

French sci fi horror
actually one of the best sci fi horror flicks I've seen the last few months
the gore FX are on point , the story doesn't drag either

for horror fans - it has the typical "wants to make you think " Sci fi ending

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE CLAUSTROPHOBIC
its filmed to be unsettling as hell

Synopsis: After getting a car ride from an unknown man, Lisa wakes up in a tube. On her arm is strapped a bracelet with a countdown. She quickly understands that every 10 minutes, fire burns an occupied section. She has no choice but to crawl into safe sections to survive. To know why she’s there and how to get out, Lisa will have to face the memories of her dead daughter…

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Sooo much of the damage happened off screen or just out of sight too, it drove me crazy! I can't believe how bad they blew it. Someone came up with the hypnotic body-snatching cave, possible insectoid creatures with maybe psychic powers, and spent 2/3's the run time on "should they or shouldn't they have kids"
i think i called this "There's something wrong with this movie"
the 10 minute wine drinking scene drove me crazy, i was like dammit , just let something happen
they also jacked some ideas from 80's/90's killer kids movies and didn't improve them trying to be so damn abstract with the action.

they probably thought nobody would remember....

Pepperidge Farm remembers:birdman:

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
The Outwaters...on deck. Trying to decide if I can stay awake to watch this tonight
I am just not a fan of found footage
will probably catch it in 2026 or so when i can work up the effort to watch it.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am just not a fan of found footage
will probably catch it in 2026 or so when i can work up the effort to watch it.
You what's funny?

Deadstream reminded me just back in October that you can never write this genre off if done the right way. But that list is short. I still love Cloverfield for the initial trailer/marketing and then actually seeing it in theaters.

But then recently, all of the hype and 5,000 word essays plastered all over the internet by film school rejects regarding Skinamarink and my subsequent viewing of this inexplicable hype train reminded me why I hate found footage films :manny:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
You what's funny?

Deadstream reminded me just back in October that you can never write this genre off if done the right way. But that list is short. I still love Cloverfield for the initial trailer/marketing and then actually seeing it in theaters.

But then recently, all of the hype and 5,000 word essays plastered all over the internet by film school rejects regarding Skinamarink and my subsequent viewing of this inexplicable hype train reminded me why I hate found footage films :manny:
They’re trying to push that liminal, analog horror as the next big sub-genre and I’m not having it, lol.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
You was on point with infinity pool so now I’m sold. Will be my watch tonight
The READING is a popcorn flick - it’s not as multifaceted as Infinity Pool. We don’t get too many majority black horror/mystery movies and Monique was crazy as hell in this, so it worked for me. If you liked “SICK” on Peacock Tv then this is the equivalent type of movie with the BET budget.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
anybody watching red rose on Netflix?
camron-reaction.gif

I’m not watching that struggle stream Blockbuster 2.5 until they actually drop substantive watchable content- im tired of their shyt. Netflix and Hulu might as well merge into one shytty streaming service so at least they could stop acting like they’re not on the same level, I’ll watch a Tubi original before I pay $19.99. Netflix reminds me of the time Hyundai tried to copy Mercedes’ Benz body type, with that Genesis model - from a distance it looks nice until you see it pull up close and you realize it’s still a Hyundai.

We don’t mention Netflix “horror “ movies in this thread anymore. (No offense @MidniteJay but Netfulu got on my bad side one too many times with their tragically underwhelming releases).

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I’m all for cosmic horror fukkery, but The Outwaters was a frustrating watch more than anything.

I’m just about done with Bloody Disgusting gassing these films up, lol. Unlike Skinamarink though, I can’t say nothing has happened here. A LOT has happened. Thing is, I wasn’t able to see most of what transpired. Fear of the unknown is dope to me in spurts, but when you go the whole film with back and forth non-linear storytelling and pinhole views with flashlights, that’s when I have an issue. It’s almost like they couldn’t handle the smoke of keeping on with a narrative.

Hope others have a more enjoyable experience with it but it wasn’t for me.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
You what's funny?

We went to see Skinamarink in the theater off the strength of the marketing campaign.

Neva again:stopitslime: