Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Jello Biafra @storyteller or anyone - what’s the name of this movie that’s within the movie? The scene where she looks down and the bathtub /sink is filing up with blood ?this at 15:44

frmiFer_d.webp

FDNkCsr.jpg
That was The Tingler.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watched The Poughkeepsie Tapes. Was more cringe than unsettling. Tried too hard.

I fully co-sign that fam. I feel like word of mouth and just the few clips of the killer being a creep really hyped it up more than the finished product. It's reputation is too hard to live up to.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Did they shoot this like an old-school Disney sing along flick? Some of those shots look Mary Poppins/Sounds of Music style but with something nasty about to happen. The way Ti West bodied X...this feels like a sure-thing to me.

I think I rate Ritual the scariest and Nope the best Hollywood Horror, with Black Phone as a really dope combination of the two. But X is still my favorite horror movie to drop this year. If I picked best overall, X has it for my tastes...my tastes being a Texas Chainsaw Massacre stan.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Did they shoot this like an old-school Disney sing along flick? Some of those shots look Mary Poppins/Sounds of Music style but with something nasty about to happen. The way Ti West bodied X...this feels like a sure-thing to me.

I think I rate Ritual the scariest and Nope the best Hollywood Horror, with Black Phone as a really dope combination of the two. But X is still my favorite horror movie to drop this year. If I picked best overall, X has it for my tastes...my tastes being a Texas Chainsaw Massacre stan.
Same! I’m going to miss X’s grindhouse feel and it was no doubt part of the allure that sucked me in. While this one looks fun, I’m not sure how effective it will be to me due to the musical/horror infused style it has going on like you mentioned.

Really wanna see what West has in his bag for the third film of this supposed trilogy. He seems to be having fun experimenting with these different styles and I’m not mad at it.

I said I was gonna watch Ritual yesterday but plans fell apart. Gotta get back on it. :snoop:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Same! I’m going to miss X’s grindhouse feel and it was no doubt part of the allure that sucked me in. While this one looks fun, I’m not sure how effective it will be to me due to the musical/horror infused style it has going on like you mentioned.

Really wanna see what West has in his bag for the third film of this supposed trilogy. He seems to be having fun experimenting with these different styles and I’m not mad at it.

I said I was gonna watch Ritual yesterday but plans fell apart. Gotta get back on it. :snoop:
The grittier filming style worked for X because it was set in the 70s when grindhouse was at it's height.
Pearl is basically a story of a small town girl looking to get her big break that makes her a star and those types of movies were pretty common in the days of technicolor and big studio comedy/musicals so making this movie look like ones of those movies while being about a murderous nymphomaniac is cool as hell to me.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The grittier filming style worked for X because it was set in the 70s when grindhouse was at it's height.
Pearl is basically a story of a small town girl looking to get her big break that makes her a star and those types of movies were pretty common in the days of technicolor and big studio comedy/musicals so making this movie look like ones of those movies while being about a murderous nymphomaniac is cool as hell to me.

Ti West's ability to flip genres and hit the nail on the head is incredible.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation