Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Wait a minute - so Universal is behind Halloween and The Munsters
siD2cvV.png

Lq1X54s.png

Let me put on my conspiracy hat for a minute but it appears to me like they’ve been trying to sabotage RZ’s moment ever since production started, they shelved his movie for Netflix and a day later after the news breaks, they then release the H.E. Trailer
:gucci:
208k views for a Munsters trailer that dropped six days ago vice 212k views for a Halloween trailer that dropped not even two hours ago. :wow:

Universal clearly has no faith in that shyt. I would’ve been pissed had that joint took up a screen at my theater. It looked very amateur, very first year film student, and there are better films deserving of the space.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Wait a minute - so Universal is behind Halloween and The Munsters
siD2cvV.png

Lq1X54s.png

Let me put on my conspiracy hat for a minute but it appears to me like they’ve been trying to sabotage RZ’s moment ever since production started, they shelved his movie for Netflix and a day later after the news breaks, they then release the H.E. Trailer
:gucci:
Damage control. Trying to cover up the stench

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Jeepers Creepers people picked the worst day to drop the trailer for Jeepers Creepers: Reborn.

It looks pretty good and supposedly Victor Salva wasn't involved with it in any way.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’m personally glad they kept it mysterious here and didn’t reveal too much. I would’ve enjoyed The Black Phone a lot more had they done the same thing with its trailer. Loving the emphasis on the Shape lurking in the shadows though, and the film is looking more self-contained than what we got in Kills.

I’m sold just like that, and will avoid any future trailers like the plague now.
Yeah I'm cool with the ambiguity of the trailer too. They focused on the one thing fans of this franchise want most (Laurie vs Michael) and I'm cool with that.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
That Pretty Little Liars reboot is going full slasher horror which I was not expecting based on how soapy the original show was.
I watched the original occasionally when I was younger but wasn’t that pressed for it. This new “horror” Version - I want to see what they do with the storyline. Trailer Reminds me of the Sorority Row/Black Christmas/Urban Legend/Prom night/ I know what you did last summer brand of movies. GOAT time period of horror - late 90s/early 2000s “mean girls” type of sinister genre.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
208k views for a Munsters trailer that dropped six days ago vice 212k views for a Halloween trailer that dropped not even two hours ago. :wow:

I would’ve been pissed had that joint took up a screen at my theater. It looked very amateur, very first year film student. Had Rob actually gave a damn, he could’ve made quite a profit off a PG film and beloved franchise.
nFZStci.gif

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I always think of the first three as the good ones before it goes off the rails. But I haven't gone back and watched the couple of sequels after that (wasn't there a digital setting for one?). I LOVE the first two and think the third one goes more campy but is still a ton of fun. I can't even remember the order after that but I do owe it to myself to marathon a few.
Imo the first two are horror classics, and the third is watchable.

After that, Hellraiser becomes the series with the worst sequels out of all the big franchises. At least with Jason, Freddy, and Chucky, we have some redeemable qualities (comedy, good-looking cast, the villains carrying the series). Everything goes to shyt right after. The series also had a problem making any characters you can care about, like Kirsty and Julia. I wonder why they don't return after II.

Hopefully the new Hellraiser succeeds.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I watched the original occasionally when I was younger but wasn’t that pressed for it. This new “horror” Version - I want to see what they do with the storyline. Trailer Reminds me of the Sorority Row/Black Christmas/Urban Legend/Prom night/ I know what you did last summer brand of movies. GOAT time period of horror - late 90s/early 2000s “mean girls” type of sinister genre.
The original came out around the time my niece was living with me so she would commandeer the big screen and make me watch it with her.
The trailer for the new one looks a million times better.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Imo the first two are horror classics, and the third is watchable.

After that, Hellraiser becomes the series with the worst sequels out of all the big franchises. At least with Jason, Freddy, and Chucky, we have some redeemable qualities (comedy, good-looking cast, the villains carrying the series). Everything goes to shyt right after. The series also had a problem making any characters you can care about, like Kirsty and Julia. I wonder why they don't return after II.

Hopefully the new Hellraiser succeeds.
Yeah fam, those first two are up there with my favorite horror movies ever. Pinhead is my favorite design of all the iconic horror villains too. The third one was already getting wonky with that pillar thing, but I def still enjoy it. I genuinely don't remember the ones after, and I'm not even sure if I saw them all :mjlol:. I never see them streaming anywhere either, I'd throw 'em on out of curiosity.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damage control. Trying to cover up the stench
:scust:
All of this hate and animosity for a movie that hasn’t even come out yet - I’ll make my decision with @MidniteJay when The Munsters drops on Netflix - any further commentary is dead to me. None of y’all go into RZ’s movies with an open mind anyway
:unimpressed::camby: