Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Twilight Zone was cancelled.

That sucks, it was seriously hit or miss but had some dope episodes and a lot of creativity. Creepshow and Guillermo Del Toro's Netflix jawn are what we've got on the horror anthology side of things now...seems ripe for a return of Tales from the Crypt (I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet) or Tales from the Dark Side.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That sucks, it was seriously hit or miss but had some dope episodes and a lot of creativity. Creepshow and Guillermo Del Toro's Netflix jawn are what we've got on the horror anthology side of things now...seems ripe for a return of Tales from the Crypt (I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet) or Tales from the Dark Side.
Masters of Horror please :mjcry:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Who else did their patriotic duty and watched Return of the Living Dead yesterday?
July 3rd is unofficially "Return of the Living Dead Day" if you didn't know.
FWmlZLSXwAAZYL0
:ohhh:
Patriotic to who??:mjpls:
I don’t celebrate Fourth of ULie but good looks on the movie, I’ll do my civic duty and do an homage watch

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemme know what you think of this one
Last Night in Solo - tbh was not feeling it, didn’t watch any trailers for it so I didn’t have any expectations but I couldn’t get into it. That was a drama movie marketed as horror - I don’t do drama, :francis:
Movie was 90% existential life crisis and 10% thrills/horror. I think for me, I’m getting tired of these movies that take forever to build up and there’s minimal conclusion - maybe it’s not totally the movie’s fault but the psychological horror genre movies are becoming the new “found footage” genre - everyone is doing it and the horror scene is saturated with those trying to make these mind bending mental play on the functioning of the inner mind type movies. cinematography and visually the movie was 10/10, score was 👍, story - conceptually it was okay, remove points with the “sacrificial n—gro trying to save her from herself” at the expense of himself trope 🙄*rolls eyes and predictability 5/10.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Last Night in Solo - tbh was not feeling it, didn’t watch any trailers for it so I didn’t have any expectations but I couldn’t get into it. That was a drama movie marketed as horror - I don’t do drama, :francis:
Movie was 90% existential life crisis and 10% thrills/horror. I think for me, I’m getting tired of these movies that take forever to build up and there’s minimal conclusion - maybe it’s not totally the movie’s fault but the psychological horror genre movies are becoming the new “found footage” genre - everyone is doing it and the horror scene is saturated with those trying to make these mind bending mental play on the functioning of the inner mind type movies. cinematography and visually the movie was 10/10, score was 👍, story - conceptually it was okay, remove points with the “sacrificial n—gro trying to save her from herself” at the expense of himself trope 🙄*rolls eyes and predictability 5/10.
That’s how I felt as well. Edgar is one of those directors who always has me stoked for what he puts on screen, so I was pretty shocked to find myself not liking it. Thought the visuals for the most part were the best things about the movie, even the poster felt like a love letter to 70s Giallo. I could see influences from Repulsion and Perfect Blue throughout the story but tonally, it was way too incoherent.

Likewise, I’m also tapped out with psychological horror. @storyteller bringing up the missed opportunity with Return to House on Haunted Hill the other day also got me wanting an A24 or Blumhouse revival attempt. Not a reboot, but a sequel to 1999 that could also pay respects to the wildly inconsistent, yet fun days of the Dark Castle era. Right the wrongs of that god awful Direct-to-DVD iteration. :noah:

Absolutely loving the resurgence of the slashers though. Bodies Bodies Bodies has gotta be the project I’m most stoked for now.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
can't remember is this was posted or not

Another shark movie
tagline is Jaws meets saw :dwillhuh:

fukk it...I'm in :yeshrug:

Blood in the Water was horrible.
How horrible you ask?
The type of horrible where the movie was shot in the UK with an all Brit cast but for some reason the decision was made to set it in the US with a majority American characters. So the accents were a struggle from start to finish, the script included British terms for stuff (like care worker for a person who takes care of the elderly) and all the cars had the steering wheel on the wrong side.
It also had shark attacks that looked like this:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Blood in the Water was horrible.
How horrible you ask?
The type of horrible where the movie was shot in the UK with an all Brit cast but for some reason the decision was made to set it in the US with a majority American characters. So the accents were a struggle from start to finish, the script included British terms for stuff (like care worker for a person who takes care of the elderly) and all the cars had the steering wheel on the wrong side.
It also had shark attacks that looked like this:

HA ! :dead:

breh, did the shark actually roar? :russ:

looks terrible :sas1:

still gonna watch it though :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Didn’t feel Black Phone at all. Ethan hawke tried to carry it, but everyone else’s acting and the dialogue were distractingly bad. I was hoping once the grabber grabbed him that we could be done with the dad and all the kids.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Didn’t feel Black Phone at all. Ethan hawke tried to carry it, but everyone else’s acting and the dialogue were distractingly bad. I was hoping once the grabber grabbed him that we could be done with the dad and all the kids.
Spoiler alert on that last sentence would have been nice - Not all of us have seen this yet
:snoop: