Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
MV5BMTQ4NTA0MTgzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE1MDQwMw@@._V1_.jpg
MV5BZWJmNGQ0NDgtZWZhZC00N2NhLThmOGQtNDNmZWFkODk5YmE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDE5MTU2MDE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

WTF:picard::mjtf:
Scrolling through TUBI’s horror section is something else

I don’t even want to know what this could be about 🤮
She just clapping people?:ohhh:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I watched Spiderhead, the new joint on Netflix, and it really shoulda been a horror movie. It's a thriller with no real bite IMO. Great concept but they did nothing creative with it.

People that appear to have prison sentences take part of an experiment that involves scientists controlling their hormone outputs...of course one of the subjects begins to realize that there's more going on than meets the eye.

That's a horror premise...it's got so much horror potential...they made it a mystery that's predictable instead.
I’m so sick of Netflix ruining the potential of their horror/mystery movies. I swear, if it wasn’t for my kids and my parents being on my account- I would have hit the Kill Switch on that damn basura streaming channel after how they ruined TCM. bullshyt Netflix content creators are more focused on their tech/ crunching number side who don’t know the concept of creativity - that’s why they keep failing. Dumb asses singlehandedly ruined a successful horror franchise in less than 2 hours. Dyckheads of a “creative team” should be fired en masse - forced to live out of an abandoned Blockbuster in Wichita, Kansas for 6 months, so they can appreciate their damn jobs. They RUIN everything that should be notable.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I watched Spiderhead, the new joint on Netflix, and it really shoulda been a horror movie. It's a thriller with no real bite IMO. Great concept but they did nothing creative with it.

People that appear to have prison sentences take part of an experiment that involves scientists controlling their hormone outputs...of course one of the subjects begins to realize that there's more going on than meets the eye.

That's a horror premise...it's got so much horror potential...they made it a mystery that's predictable instead.
100% agree. I read the quick Netflix synopsis and threw it on. Early on thought “oh this is gonna be a horror movie” then it just never really went anywhere very interesting.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
This is getting good reviews. Gonna check it out

13005f4d9de2bf55361a9b04319eb67c.jpg

A young American woman moves with her husband to Bucharest, and begins to suspect that a stranger who watches her from the apartment building across the street may be a local serial killer decapitating women.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nightmare on Elm Street tv series?? I do not remember this at all.

I don’t remember this being a thing?
When was this on?? :skip:

“Much sleazier than its namesake film series and produced on a miniscule budget, every episode of Freddy’s Nightmares offered something interesting. Especially given that each episode was made up of TWO stories; the first twenty-minutes following one character’s “nightmare” and the second usually following a character who was present in the first story in a supporting role.

The two-tier approach actually makes the series a bit tricky to rank. Some episodes are good, some are…less good. But a lot of episodes have one half that is significantly better than the other which makes the subjective ruling of each episode’s merit even more dependent on taste.

With Freddy’s Nightmares now streaming on the Bloody Disgusting-powered SCREAMBOXstreaming service, let’s get to the ranking of all 44 episodes of the 1980s anthology series!”

Freddy's Nightmares was basically just an anthology series in the vein of Tales From The Crypt with Freddy playing the Crypt Keeper role and introducing the story for the episodes.
It was one of those syndicated shows so it never aired at a specific time nationally.
I remember it being on at like 11pm on the weekends in my area.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
MV5BMTQ4NTA0MTgzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE1MDQwMw@@._V1_.jpg
MV5BZWJmNGQ0NDgtZWZhZC00N2NhLThmOGQtNDNmZWFkODk5YmE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDE5MTU2MDE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

WTF:picard::mjtf:
Scrolling through TUBI’s horror section is something else

I don’t even want to know what this could be about 🤮
Whenever I would watch a horror movie with my dad and there was a scene of a woman being chased by the killer my dad would always shout at the screen: "Run, bytch! Run!" :russ:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I went into Spiderhead expecting a much better movie than I actually got.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched American Carnage and this movie called Where The Scary Things Are.

American Carnage was pretty good. More comedy/horror than horror/comedy if you feel me but still was worth the watch.

Where The Scary Things Are was rubbish from top to bottom.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I went into Spiderhead expecting a much better movie than I actually got.
Typical Netflix… I have low expectations for every original they put out.

Dubbed it after 45 minutes of watching because it seemed to be going nowhere - been doing a lot of that lately. 45 minutes and abandoning the movie bc I don’t care enough to see how it concludes. EQUILIBRIUM did it better . :beli:With actual action scenes and tension. Thor should never play a scientist and act outside of Marvel movies🤦‍♀️ He’s not convincing and his real life wife has an equally terrible movie on Netflix - at the same time

Last edited: