Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Where’s @MartyMcFly at?? He comes to the thread to feed food to this beast ^^^and disappears, I don’t appreciate that. At all. That’s okay, wait until Kirby is murdered in the opening scene of Scream 6 and I get my redemption.
:dead: :deadrose:

NeedyBigheartedBat-max-1mb.gif

After they pay Neve what she wants in contract renegotiations to make an appearance
:dead:
AcceptableNaturalHoopoe-max-1mb.gif
Lol whenever I’m not in here for a min the shyt makes me log back in and do the two step login. And apparently the coli servers are ass because it takes forever to send me the email code. So I just say screw it and go about my day.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Freddy's Nightmares was basically just an anthology series in the vein of Tales From The Crypt with Freddy playing the Crypt Keeper role and introducing the story for the episodes.
It was one of those syndicated shows so it never aired at a specific time nationally.
I remember it being on at like 11pm on the weekends in my area.
I plan to go through these on tubi one day this summer. Tobe hooper directed the episode thats basically a prequel to the movies

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I plan to go through these on tubi one day this summer. Tobe hooper directed the episode thats basically a prequel to the movies

I never got to see it and I LOVE anthology series and movies. Now that it's on Tubi, I'll probably dive in and maybe write some episode shout-outs for the thread. I'd do a Masters of Horror episode by episode run but 42 is a LOT for a series that seems...a bit campy.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I'm sure this isn't big but it sounds like literally the beginning of a Stranger Things dimension.

She calls it an “oscillation” that would lead her to “mirror matter,” but the idea is fundamentally the same. In a series of experiments she plans to run at Oak Ridge this summer, Broussard will send a beam of subatomic particles down a 50-foot tunnel, past a powerful magnet and into an impenetrable wall. If the setup is just right — and if the universe cooperates — some of those particles will transform into mirror-image versions of themselves, allowing them to tunnel right through the wall. And if that happens, Broussard will have uncovered the first evidence of a mirror world right alongside our own.

“It’s pretty wacky,” Broussard says of her mind-bending exploration.

The mirror world, assuming it exists, would have its own laws of mirror-physics and its own mirror-history. You wouldn’t find a mirror version of yourself there (and no evil Spock with a goatee — sorry "Star Trek" fans). But current theory allows that you might find mirror atoms and mirror rocks, maybe even mirror planets and stars. Collectively, they could form an entire shadow world, just as real as our own but almost completely cut off from us.

It even involves Russian researchers making discoveries...

A decade ago, Anatoli Serebrov of Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute in Russia introduced the idea that ordinary neutrons sometimes cross over into the mirror world and transform into mirror neutrons. At that point, we could no longer detect them — it would be as if some of the neutrons simply vanished. “That would make the neutron lifetime look wrong,” Broussard explains, because some of the neutrons would have been disappearing from the test equipment while the researchers were studying them.

Connect the dots, and you reach a far-out conclusion: The neutron experiments might look screwy because physicists unwittingly opened a portal to the mirror world.

Oh and in case you thought they'd leave out a reference to potential parallel universe creatures...nah, they kept that in the part about Dark Matter potentially being mirror universe matter.

Since the 1970s, astronomers have deduced that the universe is packed full of “dark matter,” a substance that cannot be observed directly but whose powerful gravitational pull helps keep galaxies from flying apart. The latest analyses indicate that dark matter outweighs visible matter by a factor of five. Yet dozens of intensive searches by astronomers around the world have failed to identify what dark matter is made of.

Zurab Berezhiani, a physicist at the University of L’Aquila in Italy who has conducted his own mirror neutron searches, offers an intriguing explanation: Dark matter has been hard to find because it is hidden away in the mirror world. In this view, dark matter and mirror matter are one and the same. If so, the mirror world is not just ubiquitous, it is far more massive than our own. At a recent physics conference, Berezhiani expanded on the idea, outlining a possible parallel reality full of mirror stars, mirror galaxies and mirror black holes. Maybe even dark life?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I've been meaning to set aside time to watch Freddy's Nightmares too. I'm trying to put together an essential list so I don't have to watch every episode though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cyst
Eyoe_ANXIAMnTdI

Nurse Patricia works under an enthusiastic plastic surgeon who believes he’s invented a breakthrough cyst-removal machine and, against Patricia’s sound advice, will stop at nothing to patent it so it can be used for his patients. But when their differences turn into a physical altercation, damaging the machine, what started as Patricia’s last day on duty becomes a battle for survival after the doctor’s “Get Gone” cyst-removing invention inadvertently turns a patient’s tumor into a cyst-monster that terrorizes the office.
Directed By: Tyler Russell
Starring: Eva Habermann, George Hardy, Greg Sestero
Available On Demand, Digital and DVD June 21st

This movie seems like just my kind of wacky.

Cyst was a weird little movie but I enjoyed.
You really need to go into it knowing the type of movie it was trying to be to really enjoy it though.
It's a very broad and campy take on the 1950s sci-fi/horror, mad scientist type of movies.

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'm up watching The Thing and even tho I've seen it a bunch of times it's always entertaining. I don't think it's the scariest horror movie ever made but it might be the most well made. I've never seen the sequel/prequel that was released in 2011 so I think I'm gonna watch that today. And I need to watch this movie called Dashcam. My friend asked me to check it out and I been bullshytting for like a week. Can catch up on some movies now that basketball is over.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm up watching The Thing and even tho I've seen it a bunch of times it's always entertaining. I don't think it's the scariest horror movie ever made but it might be the most well made. I've never seen the sequel/prequel that was released in 2011 so I think I'm gonna watch that today. And I need to watch this movie called Dashcam. My friend asked me to check it out and I been bullshytting for like a week. Can catch up on some movies now that basketball is over.
Writing a book about the thing right now.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

There was a low-key direct sequel to the Thing in video game form that I remember being pretty good. i think it was Xbox 360.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I never got to see it and I LOVE anthology series and movies. Now that it's on Tubi, I'll probably dive in and maybe write some episode shout-outs for the thread. I'd do a Masters of Horror episode by episode run but 42 is a LOT for a series that seems...a bit campy.
Never thought I would say this but TUBI has the best horror content out right now. They have EVERYTHING- and unlike Pluto- they don’t do a commercial dump every 5 minutes. They have everything from the Walmart $5.00 bin movies, to throw classics, to the more popular releases. Sheeshhh- feel like a little kid scrolling through their horror section :deadrose::leon: