Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The woman that plays She-Hulk was in Ginger Snaps 2. She was the best part of the movie by a mile so I'll give She-Hulk a shot
I forgot that Tatiana Maslany played Ghost in Ginger Snaps 2.
tumblr_mpuo2ddHqL1r5ub3ho1_250.gifv

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
BEAST
From visceral, experiential filmmaker Baltasar Kormákur, the director of Everest and Universal Pictures’ 2 Guns and Contraband.
Idris Elba plays Dr. Nate Daniels, a recently widowed husband who returns to South Africa, where he first met his wife, on a long-planned trip with their daughters to a game reserve managed by Martin Battles (Sharlto Copley), an old family friend and wildlife biologist. But what begins as a journey of healing jolts into a fearsome fight for survival when a lion, a survivor of blood-thirsty poachers who now sees all humans as the enemy, begins stalking them.
Only In Theaters August 19th.

They really got Idris Elba punching a lion in the face. :mjlol:

unAL8Pp.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Abandoned
After a couple move into a remote farmhouse with their infant son, the woman's struggles with postpartum psychosis begin to intensify.
Starring: Emma Roberts, Michael Shannon, John Gallagher Jr.
Directed By: Spencer Squire
US Release Date: June 17, 2022

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
BEAST
From visceral, experiential filmmaker Baltasar Kormákur, the director of Everest and Universal Pictures’ 2 Guns and Contraband.
Idris Elba plays Dr. Nate Daniels, a recently widowed husband who returns to South Africa, where he first met his wife, on a long-planned trip with their daughters to a game reserve managed by Martin Battles (Sharlto Copley), an old family friend and wildlife biologist. But what begins as a journey of healing jolts into a fearsome fight for survival when a lion, a survivor of blood-thirsty poachers who now sees all humans as the enemy, begins stalking them.
Only In Theaters August 19th.

They really got Idris Elba punching a lion in the face. :mjlol:

unAL8Pp.gif

Pass

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
Just got a shudder trial as I was sick of the mid/mediocre shyt that Netflix & Prime drop horror wise and this is what caught my eye initially

The Wretched
Hellbender
Pyewacket
Slapface
Prisoners of the Ghostland (Not sure if this is strictly horror)

Any of those worth a watch?

Anything else worth checking out on Shudder?

Not on shudder here but I’ve been recommended to check these ones out as well

The Hive
The Void
Bad Samaritan
Daniel isn’t real
Super Dark Times
The Light House (Is this horror?)

Any of those worth seeing?

If you could drop ratings that you would give the ones you’ve seen from both lists if you can that would be super helpful

Also open to any other recommendations

Thanks, Ps. This thread still isn’t stickied?

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Just got a shudder trial as I was sick of the mid/mediocre shyt that Netflix & Prime drop horror wise and this is what caught my eye initially

The Wretched
Hellbender
Pyewacket
Slapface
yes^^^^

The Hive
The Void

Bad Samaritan
Daniel isn’t real
Super Dark Times

Yes^^^
Wasn’t impressed with The Light House
If you could drop ratings that you would give the ones you’ve seen from both lists if you can that would be super helpful

You have a good list. 👍
We were stickied at one time but not anymore, even though we have one of the most active and most participated thread in here. But i guess for some, the horror genre doesn’t merit the popularity as others. Anyway, I would also Suggest you add “DUAL” and “Anything for Jackson” to your list 7/10. The guys also say Slapface is good.
Add “The Boy Behind the Door” to your shudder list too.

I don’t like to rate every movie. Some movies you just need to see for yourself and decide. I think numerical rating prejudices the movie before the viewer can decide in certain cases .

And yes, Netflix is a fukkin dumpster right now with new horror movies but if you like 90s/early 2000s era horror movies- it’s ok. Here’s may 2022 Shudder lists

Full List of Movies On Shudder - Top 50

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@storyteller i haven’t been feening that well over the past day - feels like my whole face is on fire and my body is being slowly jacked up by Hatchet, and my throat is in a Vice grip but I’ll get back to your write Dual write up, I still need to finish watching Slapface and finish up Hannibal. Summer sickness is theeeeee worst.

I can NOT wait for The Black Phone to drop - saw the book in Barnes&Noble the other day but I know a local book spot where I can get it cheaper. There’s a little bargain basement store where Dude sells $36/40 dollar books for $6-$16 😂😅 I’m copping it. Last time I went,they had to get rid of inventory, they put a crate load of books outside for free, I loaded up my trunk-
:deadrose:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
In honor of Memorial Day
Good article on military themed horror ( very long, but a lot of good films get mentioned)

Dog Soldiers would be my #1 overall
They left out the Puppet Master series though , but that's an acquired taste so I sorta agree on that decision

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@storyteller i haven’t been feening that well over the past day - feels like my whole face is on fire and my body is being slowly jacked up by Hatchet, and my throat is in a Vice grip but I’ll get back to your write Dual write up, I still need to finish watching Slapface and finish up Hannibal. Summer sickness is theeeeee worst.

I can NOT wait for The Black Phone to drop - saw the book in Barnes&Noble the other day but I know a local book spot where I can get it cheaper. There’s a little bargain basement store where Dude sells $36/40 dollar books for $6-$16 😂😅 I’m copping it. Last time I went,they had to get rid of inventory, they put a crate load of books outside for free, I loaded up my trunk-
:deadrose:

The weather swings have been crazy so I’ve seen a lot of people catch little bugs. Rest up and feel better!

I wish I could find a good bookshop with deals around my way. Ive shifted to buying a lot of books audio bc it’s so much cheaper. But I miss taking notes in the margins and highlighting dope passages. I’m gonna raid my library for some summer reading options. Gonna start Chainsaw Confidential soon (all about the making of the first TCM movie)

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The Wretched
Hellbender
Pyewacket
Slapface

The Hive
The Void
Bad Samaritan
Daniel isn’t real
Super Dark Times

The Wretched 👍
Hellbender 👍
Pyewacket 👍
Slapface 👍
Prisoners of the Ghostland 👍 (this isn't really horror but just crazy Nic Cage fukkery)

The Hive 👎
The Void 👍
Bad Samaritan 👍
Daniel isn’t real 👎
Super Dark Times 👍
The Light House (Is this horror?) 👍 (Not horror as much as its a dark fantasy drama)

And this thread only gets stickied for the month of October.

Some other Shudder movies to check out are:

The Sadness
Jakob's Wife
Mon Mon Mon Monsters
The Boy Behind The Door
Revenge
Seance
Host
Vicious Fun
Color Out of Space
Scare Package