Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

From the executive producers of Killing Eve comes a new psychological thriller, where a freshly demoted DS returns to the field--only to have his dark past follow him. His dear friend and boss, Baxter, and an American ingenue, Edmunds, fall with him into the grotesque--and brilliant--game of the 'Ragdoll' Killer. Watch new episodes every Thursday.
Watch Ragdoll on AMC+

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

From the executive producers of Killing Eve comes a new psychological thriller, where a freshly demoted DS returns to the field--only to have his dark past follow him. His dear friend and boss, Baxter, and an American ingenue, Edmunds, fall with him into the grotesque--and brilliant--game of the 'Ragdoll' Killer. Watch new episodes every Thursday.
Watch Ragdoll on AMC+

I watched the first episode and it was alright.
The serial killer is very inventive with how he/she stages his/her kills.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I watched the first episode and it was alright.
The serial killer is very inventive with how he/she stages his/her kills.
I’m watching the last couple of episodes of EVIL. And finishing up Hellbound. Then I’ll get back to Ragdoll. Yeah, Ragdoll was just okayyy, watched the 1st ep. nothing that I haven’t seen before or standout but interesting enough to see the serial killer development with the series. I’ll probably watch Don’t Breathe 2 in between.

Made a mistake and watched BRUISED aka $50 Dollar Baby on Netflix last night. This is the exact reason why I don’t let friends pick movies.

(Looks like we might be in a holiday horror slump until January with anything noteworthy or eventual coming up besides what’s Already out there)

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn you keeping tabs on daps :picard::pachaha:
Leave me alone
:deadrose::deadrose:
Don’t act like you don’t know I’m sensitive about my shyt.
:stopitslime::mjcry:
if I give someone the courtesy of answering a question, I expect compensation in the form of daps for my time and response. I responded to him first and @Jello Biafra responded to him second, I’m going to notice because of how he dapped him but not me. It’s the principle.
:stopitslime:
That being said, you need to dap this reply, I’m wild petty.
:mjgrin:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn you keeping tabs on daps :picard::pachaha:
And I make sure that I dap everyone on this thread when I’m contributing except for @Jello Biafra when he goes off on his tangents about RZ or Texas Chainsaw, which pre-Covid was like 75% of his hate posts. And @Flex Grossman at times bc Jello and Flex teaming up to pop off.

And I’m sure that I won’t dap him in January when Scream comes out because he’ll be saying some slick stuff about Sydney and the OG Cast. And when RZ’s MUNSTERS drops, I’ll probably not dap him which I’m already prepared to deal with.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Speaking of The MUNSTERS
https://collider.com/the-munsters-set-image-logo-rob-zombie/amp/

Rob Zombie is sharing even more from his adaptation of The Munsters, the director’s passion project currently in production, and has given us just the slightest sneak peek at what’s to come when he invites fans into 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is perhaps THE MOST DARK, DEMONIC, BRUTAL movie that I’ve ever seen in a very long time. Oh my GAWD!!! I don’t say this much - this is one of the movies that I wish I never watched it because it’s lingering but it’s also a reminder of the nature of evil and the many forms it takes control. But it’s also one of those movies that you watch one time and that’s it bc it’s graphic asf. It’s soooooo sooooooo Dark. Fukkkin diabolical.

No words. It’s the brutality from I Spit on Your Grave x 10 + war stuff + racism and whatever evil shyt white people Conjure up to label anyone not white over in the UK (well anywhere but for purposes of this movie it’s not the US- it’s UK and Australia). Had no idea what it was about going into it bc I was supposed to watch Dont Breathe 2, this wasn’t part of the watch plan - anyway so I’m thinking it’s a “ghost revenge” movie - nope. It’s a period base between black aboriginals v Irish v England - it’s so damn vile and violent. The satisfying part is the Aboriginals getting their revenge so it was redeemable in a sense but this movie really does cover that true horror is not creatures, animals - it’s people and their minds.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So I took a trip to the movies and checked out Resident Evil. And I can happily say that this is the closest they've come to a true video-game-inspired RE movie, but at the same time they made some weird choices that kinda threw things off. So for me, it was fun to pick out Easter Eggs and fill in the blanks with game canon, I think it'd be a lot more confusing to the uninitiated.

For those that don't know. The RE series is about a company (Umbrella) that develops a virus to weaponize human beings...most become zombies but other develop even more freakish deformities and powers. That virus, leaks out and infects a city near their testing facility (Rac00n city) which leads to the plot of the first three games. The first game takes place inside a mansion built on top of the research facility and then finishes down in the lab (just like the original RE movie but with much more mansion stuff). The second game happens predominantly at the city's police precinct and sewers below. The third game happens on the streets of the city itself.

Now...this movie has decided to combine all three games plus a fourth game called Code Veronica. That means we get a crapload of characters, and a handful of iconic sets and scenes from all of the games. But it's all rushed really heavily. But the worst part about that rushing is that they're forced to mix characters together so that the most iconic characters from the series aren't remotely like their video game counterparts. The plot itself jumps from easter egg moment to easter egg moment. And there's a compulsive need to inject comedy into the mix which just causes plot contrivances.

But here's the thing...it's still the most horror-centric RE movie ever. It captures the mansion, the precinct, and some of the creatures more honestly than any of the prior films. And the director is genuinely pretty good at building up a jump scare. The scares didn't get me, but my niece and sister did jump a few times. There's enough here to have fun if you turn off your brain or have enough familiarity with the games to fill in the blanks. So it's a solid watch for RE fans or if you're bored with nothing to throw on. But if you don't care about Resident Evil, I feel like you won't like this movie nearly as much.

Now some spoilerish comments for the gamers in the batch:
The weird thing the movie did was combine video game characters the same way they mixed together the game plots.
- So they took Wesker and Barry from the first game and combined them into one. It doesn't work. The betrayal comes to fast and Wesker seems too relatable for 90% of the movie to be the biggest villain in the history of the series.

- They took Wesker's more malicious intentions and created a different character who also turns into different tyrant variants but none of those variants are particularly threatening and they all lose too easily to matter much.

- They also took Leon Kennedy and tried to fit Carlos from Code Veronica over him. You know how Carlos is a bit aloof and disinterested? That's Leon now...he's a rookie with no skills at being a cop and generally just gives off comedy relief. This is probably the most recognized protagonist in the series and he's a joke.

- Jill Valentine also gets combo treatment but not with another game character. Apparently they really liked Michelle Rodriguez's character from the first movie because this Jill is a lot more like that character than the one we know from the games. She also has a romantic sideplot with Wesker...because of the Barry combo. It's weird.

- The Redfields are also in here. But they have a history with the city and Umbrella that's shoe-horned in to make the Code Veronica plot fit. Chris gave me more of the Leon in RE2 vibes than Leon did. Also Claire inexplicably gets the Jill Valentine "master of lockpicking" easter egg ability.

- And they also twist and contort to fit in some other easter eggs. The twins from Code veronica are only included in a home film. The mansion feels like it's taken from RE 1 but they wanted to relate it to the twins too.

So yeah...a lot of square pegs forced into round holes. It's weird, it's flawed, but as a die-hard RE fan...I still enjoyed it quite a bit. But I liked it the way I like Cowboy Bebop's live action remake. it's cool for what it is but no where near touching the original version which is a classic and that's unfortunate.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’m watching the last couple of episodes of EVIL. And finishing up Hellbound. Then I’ll get back to Ragdoll. Yeah, Ragdoll was just okayyy, watched the 1st ep. nothing that I haven’t seen before or standout but interesting enough to see the serial killer development with the series. I’ll probably watch Don’t Breathe 2 in between.

Made a mistake and watched BRUISED aka $50 Dollar Baby on Netflix last night. This is the exact reason why I don’t let friends pick movies.

(Looks like we might be in a holiday horror slump until January with anything noteworthy or eventual coming up besides what’s Already out there)
I'm halfway through Bruised and it is so terrible I stopped paying full attention to it and now it's on as background noise.