Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Because I'm a masochist (and I couldn't sleep last night) I went back and finished the I Know What You Did Last Summer TV show.
:snoop:
It got progressively worse from episode to episode. The main conceit of the show was the twin thing yet it seemed like the folks who made this garbage couldn't keep track of which twin was which any more than I could and I barely gave a damn.
And the reveal of the killer was lame as hell and completely out of step with everything this piece of shyt show had told us about that character.
Just a terrible viewing experience all the way around. It was so bad it made the MTV version of Scream look like a modern day classic.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I liked it despite how muddled the plot got after the time jump.
I'm all in for a second season because I really need to know just what the hell is going on with the Decrees.
I’m still trying to finish the 3 rd episode. (sans interruptions)

My daughter coming into my room at the exact wrong moment VOL 354556778864. There’s a scene (*slight spoiler but non plot affecting) where a man is being cremated while still alive. She trots her happy self into my room- at that exact moment
And my reaction time was slow asf. Then the other day I’m watching an episode of Grimm, there’s a scene where the Wesen are pulling a lady up from a well by her neck, of course my daughter enters the stage again. This time she walks in and started screaming :laff::mjlol:
“What happened, what is thattttt, why do you watch that mommmyy??” I’m convinced she’s a mini replica version of my own mother- I started explaining myself to her like I used to talk to my mom until I caught myself. Crazy.

And it’s not like I watch horror movies in the family room-I watch them in my own room bc of that very reason. Her timing is ironically impeccable.

It’s to the point where she needs to learn to stop running in here at full speed or just accept the fact that her mom watches horror shows. My horror movie watch consumption during quarantine has gone down at least 75% since quarantine with kids. I still haven’t watched Old, Don’t Breathe 2, Feast, etc etc - there’s a whole list.

anyway. Rant over. Back to Hellbound -

I really thought they were going to give the mother with the 2 kids a humble pass for whatever reason - at least I was hoping so for a last minute reprieve or repentance. Those 3 demon monsters came - sheeesshh. Should have gave her a couple of Valiums prior to bc that was BRUTAL!!! I felt for the kids being traumatized. then I thought - it’s demons, they’re evil, no compassion, no concern or feelings - fate of damnation is sealed.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Because I'm a masochist (and I couldn't sleep last night) I went back and finished the I Know What You Did Last Summer TV show.
:snoop:
It got progressively worse from episode to episode. The main conceit of the show was the twin thing yet it seemed like the folks who made this garbage couldn't keep track of which twin was which any more than I could and I barely gave a damn.
And the reveal of the killer was lame as hell and completely out of step with everything this piece of shyt show had told us about that character.
Just a terrible viewing experience all the way around. It was so bad it made the MTV version of Scream look like a modern day classic.
I tried to warn you - I could tell off top that it was horrible. NONE of the original vibe, story, character details, foreboding, fear or substance as the original movie. I get that they’re trying to rebrand gor updates but it’s not working!!! The agendas and political correctness are going to be the death of these network branded “horror” series. They are alienating my era who actually saw those movies as kids; to cater to the new generation who are clueless or don’t care about the history or original basis of these movies.

Black Christmas, The Craft, Pet Sematary, Saw, Paranormal Activity…etc they are mishandling all of these movies.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The U.K.’s Network Distributing has sealed a deal with iconic British horror label Hammer Films to form Hammer Studios Ltd.

Network’s managing director Tim Beddows and financial director Jonathan Lack and Hammer CEO Simon Oakes will head the new company.

The new entity will manage and control Hammer’s interests in its vast library of content such as “The Woman in Black” (2012), “Let Me In” (2010), “Dracula” (1958), “The Abominable Snowman” (1957) and “The Quatermass Experiment” (1953). Hammer Studios will invest substantially both in restoration and new production development from both its owned and newly created IP.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Black Friday which follows a group of toy store employees as they find themselves battling hordes of holidays shoppers that have been turned into murderous creatures after a meteor carrying an alien parasite crashes to Earth; check them out here…
Trailer for horror-comedy Black Friday starring Devon Sawa, Bruce Campbell and Michael Jai White

I enjoyed Black Friday.
It was a goofy fun comedy/horror mix which is right in my wheelhouse.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Been a while since I found a joint that I really enjoyed...Lemme tell yall Broadcast Signal Intrusion is in the realm of these recent movies that are character studies through psychological horror. They generally trade pure scare tactics in for a more uncanny and disjointed dream-like approach with one big payoff of existential horror at the end. It's usually a bit slow, with some mystery because they have you piece together a character's past by watching their interactions in a new situation. Saint Maud and Censor both went that route. But Broadcast Signal Intrusion takes the uncanny bits up to like a ten, think The Empty Man creep and unreality but with an actual linear plot and a central figure that we can actually get to know and relate to...The craziest thing is I wasn't a big fan of any of the three films I'm naming, but I REALLY liked this joint. It feels like the horror they were going for all rolled into one hitting me right in the chest during its final act. I think it's my favorite horror this year...could be recency bias.

In the late 90s, a video archivist unearths a series of sinister pirate broadcasts and becomes obsessed with uncovering the dark conspiracy behind them.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11151336/

Screen-Shot-2021-08-18-at-5.11.27-PM.png

So lemme add just a little to the rabbit hole of this ish. If you like internet oddities and creep stuff, this is clearly pulling from reality (unreality really). It's using the Max Headroom incident as a jump off point, but also pulling from an old creepy youtube clip that haunted the internet for a long time.

I might be carrying bias because I recognized the inspirations for this story. It's a sloooow-burn and a long rising into the payoff which doesn't come until the very end. So if you don't enjoy the ending, then you'll be pissed off that you wasted so much time. But I really dug it. I found myself watching the first three quarters purely out of wanting to know what the hell was going on and then being genuinely haunted by the close-out.
But yeah, cut the cord if you aren't getting pulled in bc it's a weird one fam. I really liked it though...

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
any of yall watch this Evil series.. the reviews online seem good and i may as well use this free trial from paramount ?
First season is excellent . We’ll worth the subscription. Second season - not so much. Didn’t live up to the mystery and engagement of the first season IMO - I haven’t finished watching the second season in its entirety. The first season I was hooked nonstop. (They used to carry the first season of Evil on Netflix but it’s not there anymore).