Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Folks online were super heated at the news about the Train to Busan remake.
My philosophy on remakes of foreign films is that the original still exists and no matter how shytty the remake may be it doesn't diminish the original at all.

American creativity damn near on life support outside of A24

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I think they have another one,
fellas - I’m sitting here glued to the screen :popcorn3:
Hellbound Is Even Scarier Than Train to Busan - Den of Geek

Train to Busan director Yeon Sang-ho returns with Hellbound, Netflix's six-part supernatural horror series about what happens when hell comes calling.

MV5BNzU1ODk0ZWUtMzdkYS00YmI2LWI1NjItOTg0NjQxNGY5MmNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

In the series’ opening minutes (shown in the first trailer for the series), massive, Hulk-like monsters appear out of nowhere to chase a man through the busy, daylit streets of downtown Seoul. The monsters beat the man to death and then burn him to a crisp with their otherworldly powers. Then, they disappear just as mysteriously as they came, through a portal into what seems like another realm. As you might imagine, there are not only many bystanders to this event, but many of them film the horrific killing, with the footage going viral.

The first three episodes of Hellbound are less concerned with explaining how this supernatural event happened and more interested in depicting how different elements of society will respond. People are understandably terrified, and looking for answers that can fit into their understanding of the world. Traditional institutions—from law enforcement to broadcast media—don’t have them. We see just how in-over-their-heads the Seoul police department is by following world-weary detective Jin Kyeong-hoon (Yang Ik-june). Jin is one of the officers assigned to the Hapjeong Station murder, which is being treated as a “typical” killing rather than one perpetrated by demon-monsters. Jin and company look for an explanation as to how this tragedy happened, but are soon waylaid into dealing with the fear-driven harassment and violence that result from the phenomenon.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think they have another one,
fellas - I’m sitting here glued to the screen :popcorn3:
Hellbound Is Even Scarier Than Train to Busan - Den of Geek

Train to Busan director Yeon Sang-ho returns with Hellbound, Netflix's six-part supernatural horror series about what happens when hell comes calling.

MV5BNzU1ODk0ZWUtMzdkYS00YmI2LWI1NjItOTg0NjQxNGY5MmNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

In the series’ opening minutes (shown in the first trailer for the series), massive, Hulk-like monsters appear out of nowhere to chase a man through the busy, daylit streets of downtown Seoul. The monsters beat the man to death and then burn him to a crisp with their otherworldly powers. Then, they disappear just as mysteriously as they came, through a portal into what seems like another realm. As you might imagine, there are not only many bystanders to this event, but many of them film the horrific killing, with the footage going viral.

The first three episodes of Hellbound are less concerned with explaining how this supernatural event happened and more interested in depicting how different elements of society will respond. People are understandably terrified, and looking for answers that can fit into their understanding of the world. Traditional institutions—from law enforcement to broadcast media—don’t have them. We see just how in-over-their-heads the Seoul police department is by following world-weary detective Jin Kyeong-hoon (Yang Ik-june). Jin is one of the officers assigned to the Hapjeong Station murder, which is being treated as a “typical” killing rather than one perpetrated by demon-monsters. Jin and company look for an explanation as to how this tragedy happened, but are soon waylaid into dealing with the fear-driven harassment and violence that result from the phenomenon.
I was planning on checking this out tonight. I've been hearing nothing but good things about it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
November 19th - The Feast

Watched The Feast this morning. It was nothing like I was expecting it to be from the trailer. It had a clumsily executed a message about class and an air of non-stop ncoherence.
Final verdict: it was weird as all hell.

I give 'The Feast' 2 out of 4 Gun Totin' Pilgrim Loomis'
1QV7uCZ.png

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watched The Feast this morning. It was nothing like I was expecting it to be from the trailer. It had a clumsily executed a message about class and an air of non-stop ncoherence.
Final verdict: it was weird as all hell.

I give 'The Feast' 2 out of 4 Gun Totin' Pilgrim Loomis'
1QV7uCZ.png
LMAOFFFF :deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:
loomis-halloween.gif

I haven’t seen The Feast yet
Buy ReP owed for the perfectly executed thanksgiving themed gun toting Dr. Loomis - toast it up!!
loomis-halloween.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I was planning on checking this out tonight. I've been hearing nothing but good things about it.
I’ve watched the first 2 episodes- it’s engaging asf- not sure if it’s better than Train to Busan as the reviews are saying but it’s up there. The opening scene alone was
:whew:

I think my only issue is the pacing - how they move from scene to scene so fast while trying to keep up with the subtitles and the character underlying stories. But the initial premise of getting an alert that “you are going to die x number of days from now at x:xx am/pm” is depressing and morbid asf - as if that’s not enough, but your soul is condemned to hell. Basically, chaos consumes. This series is delivering
:merchant:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've got Hellbound on deck. I'm a die-hard fan of the old Cowboy Bebop anime, so I'm giving the remake my full attention first. I'm HYPE to go in on Hellbound though, Train to Busan is so damned good!

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've got Hellbound on deck. I'm a die-hard fan of the old Cowboy Bebop anime, so I'm giving the remake my full attention first. I'm HYPE to go in on Hellbound though, Train to Busan is so damned good!
HellBound is reallllllyy good. @MartyMcFly are you up on HellBound?

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HellBound is reallllllyy good. @MartyMcFly are you up on HellBound?
HellBound brings about the existential question of if you knew that you were going to do in 6 days at 6:00pm- what do you do with your time left?? And you know your final destination is being condemned to hell??!!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
HellBound brings about the existential question of if you knew that you were going to do in 6 days at 6:00pm- what do you do with your time left?? And you know your final destination is being condemned to hell??!!

I'm about to start this one. Finished Bebop (liked it way more than most anime-heads did so I'm curious about what @MartyMcFly thinks about it) and now Hellbound is getting my full attention after work!

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Jello Biafra what do you think about HellBound?? Have had a chance to watch. So far it’s 3.5/4 gun totin pilgrim hat dr. Loomis for me- I’m on to ep 3.
I liked it despite how muddled the plot got after the time jump.
I'm all in for a second season because I really need to know just what the hell is going on with the Decrees.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And you can't even off yourself to avoid the beatdown from the brimstone rock monsters either. I was like :whoo: when them 3 brolic boulders put the beats on that dude who committed suicide's spirit.