Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
My dad started taking me to horror movies with him when I was like 5 years old. He used to lie to my mom that we were going to see some kid friendly movie and instead he'd have my wide eyed precocious little self watching murder and mayhem with him.
:mjlol::deadrose:
I think most of us horror watchers were influenced by inappropriate age exposure to murder and mayhem movies.

it either goes one of two ways- there are the kids who never watch a horror movie again, ending up scarred off scares and carry that into adulthood or those become a lifelong purveyor of the genre like it’s embedded into your dna and your interests are forever peaked. Thanks, Dad.
:blessed:
my son ended up being the former- he HATES horror movies, he refuses to even engage. He’s disturbed by the fact that his mother is an avid horror fan. I should have known when “that”
scene from The Lion King had him shook that he wasn’t ready. Fail.
:mjcry:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Is this worth watching? I’m in a early 2000s mood. Never watched it before.
MV5BNDg5ZjM5NmQtZGZiNC00MDBmLWE2YWQtMWE2NjE4MTljZGJkL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Six Stories of Black Horror in 'Horror Noire' Anthology Official Trailer

MOVIE TRAILERS
Six Stories of Black Horror in 'Horror Noire' Anthology Official Trailer
by Alex Billington
October 17, 2021
Source: YouTube

"In most families, the danger doesn't come from some stranger – danger comes from someone you already know…" Shudder has unveiled the trailer for a horror anthology film titled Horror Noire, a showcase of six different stories of Black horror. "Six stories, one film. Experience the next chapter of Black horror." This is a spin-off feature inspired by the outstanding documentary with the same title: Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror(which I highly recommend watching). The six stories featured in the anthology are titled: Daddy, Bride Before You, Brand of Evil, The Lake, Sundown, and Fugue State. The casts include Lesley-Ann Brandt, Luke James, Erica Ash, Brandon Mychal Smith, Sean Patrick Thomas, Peter Stormare, Malcolm Barrett, and Rachel True, among many others. With new and adapted stories by Tananarive Due, Steven Barnes, Victor LaValle, Shernold Edwards, Al Letson and Ezra C. Daniels. I'm always down for more creative horror! This is the third high profile horror anthology offering this year along with Welcome to the Blumhouse and V/H/S/94 as well. I'm also a fan of this year's thrilling Candyman film. Check this footage.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shudder's 'Horror Noire' Features Six Terrifying Tales in One Movie

The original and adapted stories are from husband-and-wife writing duo Tananarive Due (the folks behind the brilliant documentary Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror), Steven Barnes (Lion’s Blood), Ezra Claytan Daniels (BTTM FDRS), Victor LaValle (The Changeling,) Shernold Edwards (All Rise, and Al Letson (Reveals). Dr. Robin R. Means Coleman, author of the groundbreaking book Horror Noire: Blacks in American Horror Films from the 1890s to Present consulted on the project. They take place in a range of places, times, and cover several themes. via Shudder via Shudder While they’re holding a lot of details close to the vest, Shudder did share the title of each tale: “Daddy” “Bride Before You” “Brand of Evil” “The Lake” “Sundown” “Fugue State”

Source: Shudder's 'Horror Noire' Features Six Terrifying Tales in One Movie

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 31st: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2
2WSuLpN.jpg

trash-its-trash.gif

I give 'Rob Zombie's Halloween 2' 0 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
bVWb4OF.png

:troll:

October 31st: Halloween II
KTie6RP.jpg

Halloween II is a serviceable but still entertaining follow-up to the classic original film even though it does suffer a bit by not having John Carpenter directing.
Rick Rosenthal does a competent job aping Carpenter's style and tosses in some inventive uses of hospital equipment to kill Michael Myers' hapless victims but Carpenter's direction is missed here.
As for the performances: I was happy to see Donald Pleasance's performance as Dr. Loomis go into full deranged Captain Ahab territory. Jamie Lee Curtis' Laurie, on the other hand, spent most of the film in a medicated fugue state so her performance was muted to say the least.

I give 'Halloween II' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
avk5rQj.png

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching Halloween 4. It feels so prescient now :mjlol::merchant:

Mike takes out Haddonfield's entire police force minus the chief because him and Loomis are looking for Laurie's daughter.

Drunk MAGA rednecks at the bar realize the cops aren't picking up their phones and decide to drive down there, only to tell the chief to fukk off and they're taking matters into their own hands.

The first instance they think they see Mike behind a set of shrubs, they all go Yosemite Sam emptying clips, only to find they shot some random dude from town :manny: