Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
@315 12 minutes in and when does the paranormal activity start?? Why are they 4 people sharing a motel room? Why are they in a hotel? Where’s the house??
:dahell:
im not liking how this movie is starting:unsure:
Honestly it's more of a monster movie. More The Ritual than PA. I was disappointed

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Unless it went over my head this ain't have shyt to do with the rest of the franchise

e11537a852e22929e42af64e8d2e700e.jpg
Nope this had nothing to do with the rest of the franchise.
This was also the most boring fukking movie I have watched all month and I've watched a lot of movies this month.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@315 12 minutes in and when does the paranormal activity start?? Why are they 4 people sharing a motel room? Why are they in a motel? Where’s the house?? This isn’t Paranormal Activity without the cursed Paranomal Activity house.
:dahell:
im not liking how this movie is starting:unsure:
It took over an hour for anything interesting to happen in this awful movie.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You overrated Hereditary, at best it was 2.5 gun toting Dr. Loomis. Unpopular opinion but I wasn’t impressed- played out a bit too drawn out and melodramatic to me until the final moments of the movie. It’s 4 gun toting Dr. Loomis for Toni Collette’s superior acting skills- that lady bodies movies with her range and emotional ability.
I thought it was overrated. Too damn long.

Sinister is much better, and I compare it to this film because it deals with demonic shyt. Even The Witch is better.

Hereditary is a well shot film tho, and there are some creepy moments. But overall, it was too long. I might have liked it more if it it cut 20-30 minutes.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
It took over an hour for anything interesting to happen in this awful movie.
Paranormal Activity it is not - The Haunting of The Amish. 25 minutes in and I see that They lost the formula with this. The thing that made the first PAs good were the relatability factor.

This is so far removed - no one of us is going to visit an Amish farm for an extended vacation. No one asked for Paranormal Activity meets Midsommar with the great value Alexandra Daddario
:deadmanny:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Paranormal Activity it is not - The Haunting of The Amish. 25 minutes in and I see that They lost the formula with this. The thing that made the first PAs good were the relatability factor.

This is so far removed - no one of us is going to visit an Amish farm for an extended vacation. No one asked for Paranormal Activity meets Midsommar with the great value Alexandra Daddario
:deadmanny:
I lost all hope for this when I heard music with one of the jump scares. Flies right in the face of the found footage genre

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nope this had nothing to do with the rest of the franchise.
This was also the most boring fukking movie I have watched all month and I've watched a lot of movies this month.
Know what, this shyt has become unwatchable after this:
1. Padded up locked and boarded up suspicious looking place of worship - they decide it’s a good idea to “hey let’s break the lock, it can’t be boarded up for no reason, even though this is not our property and we have basically rudely asserted ourselves on to Amish property, and there’s been a series of highly suspicious events”

2. This line:
White girl- “anyone know how to pick a lock?”
Token black character to his white friends: “of course, i know how to pick a lock .., I’m black”
shaq-leaving.gif

Whoever wrote that line in this piece of shyt script thought that was comedy- sitting there at the writers’ room like
shaq-laugh-shaq.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I lost all hope for this when I heard music with one of the jump scares. Flies right in the face of the found footage genre
They gave us VHS 94 which gave found footage a real boost for a resurgence.

only to be followed by this Paranormal Activity - the reason why found footage became diluted and died out. Knocked that subgenre right back down from what could have had potential -dub moves. Can’t believe how bad this is.

• Dap
Reactions: 315

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Sinister better than Hereditary? Eh, the moment I saw them dancing kids midway through made me almost tap out of the film. Which is a shame because the atmosphere and overall build-up in the first half was so damn good. @Demon and that damn snuff music. :bryan:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Wasn’t entirely crazy on this…this was a big ol’ meh. Biggest highlights were the atmosphere and the child actor who portrayed Lucas. It felt like one of those movies that had everything in place as far as its setting and tone goes, but the story doesn’t exactly know what to do with it and makes the last act feel dull in a way.

There were some good things. Kills were brutal enough to make you flinch. The monster design was pretty dope though. Reminiscent of the bear from Annihilation, but it does its own thing too. Sat next to some folks who brought their nine year old to the showing….interesting move.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wasn’t entirely crazy on this…this was a big ol’ meh. Biggest highlights were the atmosphere and the child actor who portrayed Lucas. It felt like one of those movies that had everything in place as far as its setting and tone goes, but the story doesn’t exactly know what to do with it and makes the last act feel dull in a way.

There were some good things. Kills were brutal enough to make you flinch. The monster design was pretty dope though. Reminiscent of the bear from Annihilation, but it does its own thing too. Sat next to some folks who brought their nine year old to the showing….interesting move.
My dad started taking me to horror movies with him when I was like 5 years old. He used to lie to my mom that we were going to see some kid friendly movie and instead he'd have my wide eyed precocious little self watching murder and mayhem with him.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 30th: Halloween (2018)
gIe8rRl.jpg

Jamie Lee Curtis delivers a strong performance as the traumatized yet tough-as-nails version of Laurie Strode who has become Haddonfield’s resident “crazy old lady” living out in a creepy compound in the woods. This Laurie is still trapped in that singular bloody night nearly 40 years ago and has been living an obsessive life that alienated everyone including her own family and Curtis plays every beat of it to the hilt. Our Final Girl has become a Final Granny and I loved every second of her performance.
David Gordon Green and Danny McBride deserve props for coming up with a re-imagining of the events following the night Michael returned home four decades ago and building a world where that one event has shaped so many lives in different ways from the over-eager podcasters in search of Michael’s story to the psychiatrist desperate to break through Michael’s psychic walls to Laurie and her dysfunctional family dynamics to the town of Haddonfield that still had the specter of that night hanging over it every October 31st. And also the way that Green made Michael, pre-putting the mask back on, into a literal shape who the viewer never got a clear look at and who was basically a “shape” on the screen was a highlight to me.
Halloween 2018 is a stylishly gory slasher that delivers more than enough to be deemed a worthy follow-up to the 1978 classic.

I give 'Halloween (2018)' 3.5 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Sinister better than Hereditary? Eh, the moment I saw them dancing kids midway through made me almost tap out of the film. Which is a shame because the atmosphere and overall build-up in the first half was so damn good. @Demon and that damn snuff music. :bryan:
I like the first Sinister but it's a weird comparison imo.