Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I watched this the other night. Love the cheesy 80s slasher flicks.

latest

morris

Superstar
Daps
October 27th: Hereditary
R4Wu13m.png

A slightly uneven but still emotionally compelling and eerie horror film that gets by on a nearly constant sense of unnerving dread mixed with soul crushing grief and the playfully macabre use of shadows thanks to the directing skill of Ari Aster. Watching this family fall apart in the aftermath of a tragedy was almost as horrifying to watch as the supernatural stuff that was happening to them. Hereditary also features a truly impressive powerhouse performance from Toni Collette that makes this movie a must see for horror fans and non-fans alike. I'm serious...Collette was insanely good. She deserved not only to be nominated for every acting award but she should've won them all too.

I give 'Hereditary' 4 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
Maybe 3 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis' ... not memorable enough to be 4 IMO

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This movie was kinda crappy at the beginning but the ending redeemed it for me. I like corny movies.

MV5BMjMwOGEyMTQtMDllMC00YTU3LTgyNzktYmEwY2Y4MjQzYmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM4OTYzMTQ@._V1_.jpg

morris

Superstar
Daps
This movie was kinda crappy at the beginning but the ending redeemed it for me. I like corny movies.

MV5BMjMwOGEyMTQtMDllMC00YTU3LTgyNzktYmEwY2Y4MjQzYmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM4OTYzMTQ@._V1_.jpg

word?

I thought this was one of the worst movies. It reminded me of a Netflix move that predates this with the same themes (for Open House instead)

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
word?

I thought this was one of the worst movies. It reminded me of a Netflix move that predates this with the same themes (for Open House instead)

I like corny movies. Plenty of bad "horror" movies that I actually liked.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 28th: The Deep House
rZcuHJT.jpg

An original take on the haunted house tale with some well done underwater filming makes The Deep House worth a watch but the meat of the film is dumb as hell, the acting is wooden, the characters are hard to maintain interest in let alone root for and the overall story is a muddled mess.
But again...The Deep House gets credit for the original idea of an underwater haunted house and for how well the underwater scenes were filmed.

I give 'The Deep House' 2.5 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

morris

Superstar
Daps
October 28th: The Deep House
rZcuHJT.jpg

An original take on the haunted house tale with some well done underwater filming makes The Deep House worth a watch but the meat of the film is dumb as hell, the acting is wooden, the characters are hard to maintain interest in let alone root for and the overall story is a muddled mess.
But again...The Deep House gets credit for the original idea of an underwater haunted house and for how well the underwater scenes were filmed.

I give 'The Deep House' 2.5 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
I understand opinions are opinions but I was hoping you gave it more Gun Totin' Loomis'; I have not seen it yet but was afraid it would be real good or real bad (no middle ground)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I understand opinions are opinions but I was hoping you gave it more Gun Totin' Loomis'; I have not seen it yet but was afraid it would be real good or real bad (no middle ground)
It definitely hit that weird middle ground where it isn't bad enough to be fun but not good enough to be memorable.
It's just there.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Sup guys. I see nicole is still terrorizing this thread with terrible posting.
Just peeped Rob Zombie's H2... finally, he makes something halfway decent!

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
It bums me out to have to say it but Horror Noire was straight ass.:francis:

I literally just finished the first story which was just plain silly and I'm halfway through the second and can tell I'm going to be very disappointed. The opening titles were poorly done. The acting is not great and the camerawork and direction is very pedestrian.

:francis:

Damn shame, as I was excited for it.