Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hxnPiG.gif
Triple OG Chaun:myman:

....the Hood series is a national treasure:obama:
When those fools was rappin and that tranny:laff: started pop-lockin:dead:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 25th: Train To Busan
Jj8S1SD.jpg

The characters really stand out in this movie from Seok-woo who starts out as a detached and self-absorbed father to the cute as a button Su-an but who eventually becomes a selfless hero; to married couple Sung-Gyeong (who is extremely pregnant) and Sang-Hwa (a good-natured hulk of a man); to the all around awful businessman Yong-Suk, who is one of my favorite types of character in a survival horror movie. He is the Burke character from Aliens, a totally selfish asshat who endangers everyone to save himself and ultimately gets what is coming to him.
The movie also maintains a consistently high level of tension for long stretches at a time which is quite a feat. That ramped up tension makes sitting through Train to Busan like being on a rollercoaster emotionally as you are so caught up in just who will live or die and how any of the folks trying to survive are ever going to escape the zombie hordes.
I also loved the initial zombie transformation sequences. The way the infected person’s body convulsed and contorted was horrific.
Train To Busan is a high adrenaline thrill ride that comes off like an amalgamation of Snakes on a Plane and World War Z yet is an infinitely better movie than both of those films I mentioned. This is a truly great addition to the annals of zombie horror classics.

I give 'Train To Busan' 4 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
H57efmy.png

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I rooted for the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

1. He goes about his business as usual until something catches his eye.
  2. He tries to get social.
  3. People scream.
  4. He gets shot.
  5. He falls back into the water until next time.

All of that is very relatable to me.
we need stories told from his perspective

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 26th: Triangle
RTL99S3.jpg

A twisting and turning bit of metaphysical slasher horror that somehow succeeds in maintaining an air of engrossingly creepy ambiguity right up to the big smack in the face of the film's “Big Twist”.
I'm a big nerd so time travel stuff involving time loops, doppelgangers and the like doesn’t usually confound me but I have to admit to being pleasantly lost for a lot of this movie's running time as I had no idea where director Christopher Smith was taking things. And to Smith's credit he made sure that the trip was entertaining as he created some really cool looking set pieces (one in particular that was awesomely macabre) in the midst of all the time looping hijinks.
And Melissa George was pure perfection as she had to do a lot of heavy lifting in this film and her performance is the true highlight of Triangle.

I give 'Triangle' 3.5 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
VLIRe8g.png

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
RTL99S3.jpg

A twisting and turning bit of metaphysical slasher horror that somehow succeeds in maintaining an air of engrossingly creepy ambiguity right up to the big smack in the face of the film's “Big Twist”.
I'm a big nerd so time travel stuff involving time loops, doppelgangers and the like doesn’t usually confound me but I have to admit to being pleasantly lost for a lot of this movie's running time as I had no idea where director Christopher Smith was taking things. And to Smith's credit he made sure that the trip was entertaining as he created some really cool looking set pieces (one in particular that was awesomely macabre) in the midst of all the time looping hijinks.
And Melissa George was pure perfection as she had to do a lot of heavy lifting in this film and her performance is the true highlight of Triangle.

VLIRe8g.png

This is going on my watchlist!

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
RTL99S3.jpg

VLIRe8g.png
very good, underrated little movie

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Creepshow Season 3 not being a complete dumpster fire has been a pleasant surprise so far.