Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 27th: Hereditary
R4Wu13m.png

A slightly uneven but still emotionally compelling and eerie horror film that gets by on a nearly constant sense of unnerving dread mixed with soul crushing grief and the playfully macabre use of shadows thanks to the directing skill of Ari Aster. Watching this family fall apart in the aftermath of a tragedy was almost as horrifying to watch as the supernatural stuff that was happening to them. Hereditary also features a truly impressive powerhouse performance from Toni Collette that makes this movie a must see for horror fans and non-fans alike. I'm serious...Collette was insanely good. She deserved not only to be nominated for every acting award but she should've won them all too.

I give 'Hereditary' 4 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I did an Ari Aster short film marathon yesterday (he's made 7 of them) after watching Hereditary and I had completely forgot about what the subject matter was of 'The Strange Truth About the Johnsons'...Mr. Aster is a weird dude.
boy-aint-right.gif

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Half way expected to see a 'comedy' tag for this when I watched the trailer but I guess this is supposed to be serious :skip:. Gonna watch tonight

0de9aff18c4887d4fb7ff95832f14f50.jpg

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I did an Ari Aster short film marathon yesterday (he's made 7 of them) after watching Hereditary and I had completely forgot about what the subject matter was of 'The Strange Truth About the Johnsons'...Mr. Aster is a weird dude.
boy-aint-right.gif
The dark humor made it great for me. You can almost see how it lays the groundwork for all of the other disturbing matter that later comes up in Hereditary and Midsommar.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Half way expected to see a 'comedy' tag for this when I watched the trailer but I guess this is supposed to be serious :skip:. Gonna watch tonight

0de9aff18c4887d4fb7ff95832f14f50.jpg

Def let us know what your thoughts are. I'm on the fence after that bonkers trailer.

• Dap
Reactions: 315

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
October 27th: Hereditary
R4Wu13m.png

A slightly uneven but still emotionally compelling and eerie horror film that gets by on a nearly constant sense of unnerving dread mixed with soul crushing grief and the playfully macabre use of shadows thanks to the directing skill of Ari Aster. Watching this family fall apart in the aftermath of a tragedy was almost as horrifying to watch as the supernatural stuff that was happening to them. Hereditary also features a truly impressive powerhouse performance from Toni Collette that makes this movie a must see for horror fans and non-fans alike. I'm serious...Collette was insanely good. She deserved not only to be nominated for every acting award but she should've won them all too.

I give 'Hereditary' 4 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

This was better than the Swedish joint he did.