Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Bout to do a Myers move and make my departure until October 15, 2022. These coli streets are feeling weird as shyt - what the fuk Is going on. Even the normally level headed posters are acting fukkin weird and off brand shyt. People @‘ing me with no context all day in different forums like Haddonfield townies with a tiki torch.

Let me take my extended break like I should have when I said so a few weeks ago before I start murking everyone in my path. Need to take The Shape of water vapor and disappear.

:deadmanny::deadrose:
nas-smh.gif

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The scene where she goes up to the window and a pair of eyes show up with the window closing on its own...that ish stuck with me.

And the fact that you see the rocking chair moving while the little girl was singing before that. :whoa: And that scene when the demon locked the babysitter with the huge braces in the closet and the little girl is sitting there like :unimpressed: while she's screaming for the door to open. :merchant:

That whole movie was creepy as fukk. I had no business watching it at 7 years old lol.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And the fact that you see the rocking chair moving while the little girl was singing before that. :whoa: And that scene when the demon locked the babysitter with the huge braces in the closet and the little girl is sitting there like :unimpressed: while she's screaming for the door to open. :merchant:

That whole movie was creepy as fukk. I had no business watching it at 7 years old lol.

So many of those creepy ass moments. I can still hear the voice saying “get out” to the priest vividly. Def a movie to wait for the double-digits before watching :mjlol:.

Ive said this a few times in the thread, but my family moved to a house on the block that the real amityville horror happened, a few houses down. I was too young to even remember but it only lasted a few months before my parents brought us to thanksgiving dinner and just decided not to go back…and I mean they left all the furniture and ish behind. They just peaced out. My mom says it was all to do with the commute, but all my siblings stay side-eyeing that explanation.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 22nd: The Shallows
Wvb1lwq.jpg

Director Jaume Collet-Serra does a nifty job ramping up the tension even in scenes that the movie’s trailer gave away. Despite knowing that a character was about to become shark food I was still totally pulled into those scenes. Visually this movie is breathtaking. The cinematographer (Flavio Martínez Labiano) deserves much praise and has me shocked that up until The Shallows he was most known for doing Liam Neeson movies. Just the underwater scenes alone are enough to knock your socks off.
And I was also pleasantly surprised by Blake Lively. As someone who really never thought of her as more than a blandly pretty mannequin, I was impressed at her acting in this film. It was especially impressive just because she spent so much time either acting with no one or with the most charismatic seagull in the world.
Ultimately this movie is, on its face, just about the silliest thing ever. It goes way past the pushing the edge of ridiculousness line that the original Jaws had at its core and even makes the outright stupidity of Jaws 3: The Revenge look normal. I mean this angry ass shark was acting like Blake Lively did something personally offensive to it and was hellbent on getting some payback. But The Shallows does deliver a lot of entertainment in its 90 minutes and is well worth a watch.

I give 'The Shallows' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Lmao

Aye sis my cuz said Venom is pants I'm so conflicted
I’m passing on Venom. Heard it was Basura. They should have left the formula from the original but I also heard they were going for the R rating and make it moreso a horror movie. I’ll wait until it drops on streaming. Really haven’t had it on my radar,

(Disclaimer: And from that other thread in TLR - I hope you don’t take offense when I say “uk posters” , I don’t mean that as an inclusive statement. I’m referring to the aint shyt digital blackface cacs and the racial antagonists.) You are one of the Top 5 posters on this site. :handshake: