Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
A Halloween themed "reality is creepier than fiction" series...just a couple of true stories that are creepy as hell.

1. Girl in social media groups that talk about and practice the occult mentioned was either trying to get her ex back or get back at her ex (and by the images it looks like an attempted hex). Anyway, she puts out that she's seen one of the spirits (Papa Legba who was depicted in AHS)...dies a couple of days later...and one of the other group members does a ritual to ask Papa Legba if he talked to the girl to which he responds "nope, that was Baron Samedi." Ironically, the Papa Legba depicted in AHS looked a lot more like descriptions of Baron Samedi.

2. This creep broke into homes and assaulted women and children for 11 years. During that time, an innocent man was accused and had to literally leave town for more than a decade over it. The creeper earned the nickname "Beast of Jersey" which caught my attention because I initially thought they meant NJ but nah. Anyway, the real freaky bit here is what he wore...Real life Leatherface lookin' psycho.

Edward-Paisnel-the-Beast-of-Jersey.jpg

u1kpmwo4rusx.jpg

3. And finally, this is a interesting article I remembered from back when Cracked.com was in its real prime. The entire thing is a mind-blowing read but the part that always brings me back to this article is about how Cleveland is just straight up full of serial killers.

I'm not saying that living in Cleveland turns you into a serial murderer, but the city and the surrounding area has produced a suspiciously large number of them -- we've had the Cleveland Strangler, the Cleveland Torso Murderer, the killer who inspired that movie The Fugitive, and many, many more. My obsession with them started in 2005, when I was still working as a reporter for Cleveland Scene magazine. The first story I looked into was the cold-case murder of 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic, who was abducted across the street from the Bay Village Police Department in broad daylight in 1989.

She and I were the same age, and she had lived one town over, so I'd seen her missing posters everywhere when I was a kid. As an 11-year-old, I fell in love with the girl in the missing posters, and I never stopped thinking about her. After I grew up and became a reporter, I looked into Amy's case. What I discovered was disturbing -- the reason the police never solved it was because there were too many men who had the means, motive, and opportunity to kidnap Amy. That's right -- there were simply too many potential child murderers in Cleveland.

The best the FBI has ever been able to do is narrow the list of suspects down to a Top 25. Cleveland being Cleveland, it's entirely possible that every person on that list has at least murdered somebody. Amy's story was too big for an article, so I wrote a book instead. Soon I was the go-to crime guy in Cleveland, and since Cleveland collects serial killers like other cities collect pennants, serial killers became my beat. I've reported on dozens of murders and cold cases in the years since, but I've never dropped Amy's case.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Well at least we agree on something. This review is on point with how I feel about that “I know what you did last summer”
reboot bag of bullshyt. This series is so dumbed down and disrespectful to the original.

This series is missing any type of character empathy. I’ll even take the “I still know what you did last summer” with Brandy - this series makes that part 2 look like a masterpiece theater production.

Sarah Michelle and Ryan Phillipe:
Two characters we love to hate, but feel sorry for. Insufferable but relatable. Ryan - bc his parents substituted money for love. Sarah because she was a bully to everyone bc her sister was mean to her, her father ignored her so she needed to use her looks and aggression to compensate. Jennifer- the nice calm girl who was changed by circumstances. Went from popular girl to emo depressive goth chick. Felt bad for her.

This new series- I want them to die asap, not now but right now. Anyone who greenlit this shyt needs to get the WW84 treatment and straight up blacklisted to irrelevance. Fukkin pieces of shyt scream mtvjr. gayng corrupted the program and CW’ed this into horrorble oblivion. I knew it though- wasn’t expecting it to be sooooo bad that it’s the worst excuse for a teen drama robot “reboot” that I’ve ever seen in a decade. They all need be knife stabbed and hatchet hacked in the second episode. No one cares.
This shytty show is like Pretty Little Liars if it was made for Cinemax instead of ABC Family. It is pure garbage.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Underrated slasher/comedy flick from the 90's. Entertaining flick... movie has that 80's campy ness to it but it tries to be "hip" in a early 90's type way. :mjlol: If you like horror/slashers that pay homage other horror movies in sort of the same way Scream does, you might enjoy this. Kelly Jo Minter is in this too :noah:
Popcorn_FilmPoster.jpeg

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 19th: The Bay
3tAD9em.jpg

Though limited in budget, this found footage film is truly horrifying. What makes The Bay most frightening is that it all seems so possible. I could see all of the events that transpired here happening tomorrow in any small town in this country.
Director Barry Levinson gets many points for the tension and sense of helplessness and dread that permeates so much of this film. Despite being yet another found footage movie, The Bay felt fresh and had me feeling creeped out from start to finish.
And the fact it came from the guy behind Diner and The Natural is such a pleasant surprise because it is a well-crafted movie that I wholeheartedly recommend for both horror fans and non-fans alike.

I give 'The Bay' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
October 19th: The Bay
3tAD9em.jpg

Though limited in budget, this found footage film is truly horrifying. What makes The Bay most frightening is that it all seems so possible. I could see all of the events that transpired here happening tomorrow in any small town in this country.
Director Barry Levinson gets many points for the tension and sense of helplessness and dread that permeates so much of this film. Despite being yet another found footage movie, The Bay felt fresh and had me feeling creeped out from start to finish.
And the fact it came from the guy behind Diner and The Natural is such a pleasant surprise because it is a well-crafted movie that I wholeheartedly recommend for both horror fans and non-fans alike.

I give 'The Bay' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

I haven't watched it for a while, but I remember thinking that it got better on my second watch. It was aging really well.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Most of the internet is mad af Rob zombie’s wife in that new movie.

It’s true what they say

people hate when you’re a person that could do whatever the fukk you want

I’m on zombies side

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Most of the internet is mad af Rob zombie’s wife in that new movie.

It’s true what they say

people hate when you’re a person that could do whatever the fukk you want

I’m on zombies side
I really don't understand people's reaction here.

For one thing it is pretty much a guarantee that Sheri is going to be in Rob's movies because she's been in every last one of his flicks. She's his muse. Getting upset about it after 8 movies just seem dumb as hell.

Secondly, this isn't a Rob Zombie exclusive thing. Lots of directors have had their significant other star in their movies. Do people get upset when Joel Cohen puts Francis McDormand in the majority of his films? Or when Tim Burton put Helena Bonham Carter in damn near everything he made while they were dating? Paul WS Anderson casting Milla Jovovich in all of his movies?
Kenneth Branagh was married to Emma Thomas for 4 years and in that time he put her in 3 movies he directed. The one movie he didn't cast her in was the one he cast Helena Bonham Carter and the two of them ended up boning which ruined his marriage to Thompson.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I really don't understand people's reaction here.

For one thing it is pretty much a guarantee that Sheri is going to be in Rob's movies because she's been in every last one of his flicks. She's his muse. Getting upset about it after 8 movies just seem dumb as hell.

Secondly, this isn't a Rob Zombie exclusive thing. Lots of directors have had their significant other star in their movies. Do people get upset when Joel Cohen puts Francis McDormand in the majority of his films? Or when Tim Burton put Helena Bonham Carter in damn near everything he made while they were dating? Paul WS Anderson casting Milla Jovovich in all of his movies?
Kenneth Branagh was married to Emma Thomas for 4 years and in that time he put her in 3 movies he directed. The one movie he didn't cast her in was the one he cast Helena Bonham Carter and the two of them ended up boning which ruined his marriage to Thompson.
I’ve seen people make your arguments.

And the response was “well they were actresses before it’s different”. Which it really isn’t considering they got the roles because of their significant other lol.

I think this shyt is just jealously

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
A Halloween themed "reality is creepier than fiction" series...just a couple of true stories that are creepy as hell.

1. Girl in social media groups that talk about and practice the occult mentioned was either trying to get her ex back or get back at her ex (and by the images it looks like an attempted hex). Anyway, she puts out that she's seen one of the spirits (Papa Legba who was depicted in AHS)...dies a couple of days later...and one of the other group members does a ritual to ask Papa Legba if he talked to the girl to which he responds "nope, that was Baron Samedi." Ironically, the Papa Legba depicted in AHS looked a lot more like descriptions of Baron Samedi.

2. This creep broke into homes and assaulted women and children for 11 years. During that time, an innocent man was accused and had to literally leave town for more than a decade over it. The creeper earned the nickname "Beast of Jersey" which caught my attention because I initially thought they meant NJ but nah. Anyway, the real freaky bit here is what he wore...Real life Leatherface lookin' psycho.

Edward-Paisnel-the-Beast-of-Jersey.jpg

u1kpmwo4rusx.jpg

3. And finally, this is a interesting article I remembered from back when Cracked.com was in its real prime. The entire thing is a mind-blowing read but the part that always brings me back to this article is about how Cleveland is just straight up full of serial killers.

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:
Let me pull up a seat, read your post and go down the google rabbit hole.
HomelyPoshEarthworm-small.gif