Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Did anyone watch the Slumber Party Massacre remake that came on Syfy tonight? I'm gonna check out the replay at midnight. It looks like goofy fun.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Did anyone watch the Slumber Party Massacre remake that came on Syfy tonight? I'm gonna check out the replay at midnight. It looks like goofy fun.

expected more since it was from the director of the Banana Splits movie
but it was okay

seen better - seen worse , decent twist even though you could see it coming from a mile away.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I think these dudes really nailed my issues with Halloween Kills and also the parts I appreciated. Plus, they're hella funny and entertaining about it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 17th: The Void
T0V76ZK.png

This movie just pleased me to no end. There was so much about it that reminded of other films I love like The Thing, Re-Animator, Phantasm, Assault On Precinct 13 all wrapped up in a Lovecraftian bow but I never felt that The Void was copying those properties or being derivative in any way. The Void felt fresh and new despite being deeply influenced by what came before and being set in the recent past.
I am also a sucker for the basic premise of a bunch of people stuck in one setting that they can’t get out of as they are picked off one by one. The sense of dread that permeated the film once things went pear shape at the understaffed hospital really went a long way to making this film work so well.
Color me surprised that a bunch of dudes in white sheets with triangles painted on them would be so frakking scary. Many of the most truly unsettling moments in this movie were because of the “Triangle Heads” just standing there looking ominous.
And how exactly is Kenneth Welsh not the most sought after voice-actor in the world? That guy has a voice that I could listen to reading tax code and I’d be totally engrossed by him. He brought a lot of character and gravitas to the maniacal Dr. Powell just with his dulcet tones alone.

I give 'The Void' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

morris

Superstar
Daps
Was watching the Chucky series, eo 1 on YTube...tf is that about pushing the protagonist to make a gay decision ...at 14???

morris

Superstar
Daps
Cause he’s gay. And cause the creator of Chucky is gay. So I’m sure there’s some auto biographical stuff there too
Did not know about the creator. He can keep the series. After the first Child's Play went downhill for me imo

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Did not know about the creator. He can keep the series. After the first Child's Play went downhill for me imo
I like part 2 a lot. It’s actually my fav one. And the last two flicks.
But I love that don Mancini has control of it. It’s his baby and it’s been his passion for almost 40 years. Which is dope when I think about the number of creators who don’t have any ownership over their creation.

Series has potential. Check out curse of Chucky and cult of Chucky.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I think Child's Play 2 is one of the sequels that is better than the original.

I need to watch The Void. I saw Psycho Gorman last week hoping I'd get my Guyver fix but it was:ld: besides two or three scenes.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I like part 2 a lot. It’s actually my fav one. And the last two flicks.
But I love that don Mancini has control of it. It’s his baby and it’s been his passion for almost 40 years. Which is dope when I think about the number of creators who don’t have any ownership over their creation.

Series has potential. Check out curse of Chucky and cult of Chucky.
I saw the latest which was ok.had the kid from part one shoot Chucky.

But series wise...yeah not looking to support literally boy on boy love angle

Plus, with horror shows, it seems like new stories all the time are better than a single theme (ex: Tales form the Darkside and Tales from the Crypt, Twilight Zone, Friday the 13th series, etc.