Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 18th: Slumber Party Massacre (2021)
5ddzsFt.jpg

The first half of the movie was really enjoyable as it had a tongue in cheek and subversive take on the slasher horror subgenre that flipped gender roles and made men the subject of the sexual exploitation that was a big part of 1980s horror movies.
The second half reverted to a pretty basic slasher movie though and lost a lot of the movie's charm for me.
There were some cool call backs to the original Slumber Party Massacre series (including an appearance by the Rockabilly Driller's snazzy guitar from Slumber Party Massacre 2) and Rob Van Vuuren did a bang up job as Russ Thorne giving the original Driller Killer actor Michael Villella a run for his money in the crazy eyes department.

I give 'Slumber Party Massacre (2021)' 2 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
October 18th: Slumber Party Massacre (2021)
5ddzsFt.jpg

The first half of the movie was really enjoyable as it had a tongue in cheek and subversive take on the slasher horror subgenre that flipped gender roles and made men the subject of the sexual exploitation that was a big part of 1980s horror movies.
The second half reverted to a pretty basic slasher movie though and lost a lot of the movie's charm for me.
There were some cool call backs to the original Slumber Party Massacre series (including an appearance by the Rockabilly Driller's snazzy guitar from Slumber Party Massacre 2) and Rob Van Vuuren did a bang up job as Russ Thorne giving the original Driller Killer actor Michael Villella a run for his money in the crazy eyes department.

I give 'Slumber Party Massacre (2021)' 2 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
I disagree with the rating but I do agree that when it reverted to the typical slasher it lost its charm. Although I got it thematically and even appreciated what it had to say in that last half, I wish the movie did that without switching tones

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I disagree with the rating but I do agree that when it reverted to the typical slasher it lost its charm. Although I got it thematically and even appreciated what it had to say in that last half, I wish the movie did that without switching tones
I would've given it a 2.5 but I'm too lazy to make half a Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I watched the first couple episodes of Amazon's I Know What You Did Last Summer and it was so bad.
One of the hallmarks of the original IKWYD movie is that the characters were all likable (even Ryan Phillipe's rich douchebag) so that you cared about them and when they died it gave the film emotional heft.
On this TV show the characters are all unlikable, annoying, vapid a$$holes who I can't wait to watch die horrible deaths.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I watched the first couple episodes of Amazon's I Know What You Did Last Summer and it was so bad.
One of the hallmarks of the original IKWYD movie is that the characters were all likable (even Ryan Phillipe's rich douchebag) so that you cared about them and when they died it gave the film emotional heft.
On this TV show the characters are all unlikable, annoying, vapid a$$holes who I can't wait to watch die horrible deaths.
thanks. had ZERO plans to check it out. This just confirms it.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This gonna be a series or movie? and in B&W?

Worked for Ed Wood but unsure how this will turn out.

@Nicole0416_646NYC you looking forward to this?
Rob Zombie- is this even a question?? Y’all already know the vibes that I have for this movie.
:usure::blessed:
Been saving The Munsters updates and clips to post in this thread as I have more time. (Besides being focused on Halloween Kills - that other thread with everyone hate posting on the movie disgusts me.) of course @Jello Biafra is in there leading the pack of the hate wave, Michael Myers needs to make him a pack. Blasphemy.
:scust::hhh:

Now that my HK hype is over, I’m INNN for the duration until this movie is released. Running to the theater in 2022 (for the SCREAM reboot and THE MUNSTERS) like ….
KeleLZ.gif

‘The Munsters’ First Look: Rob Zombie Shares the Cast in Costume in Front of the Iconic Mansion

RZ is breaking the internet once again - can’t.Fukkin.wait.
:blessed:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Well at least we agree on something. This review is on point with how I feel about that “I know what you did last summer”
reboot bag of bullshyt. This series is so dumbed down and disrespectful to the original.

This series is missing any type of character empathy. I’ll even take the “I still know what you did last summer” with Brandy - this series makes that part 2 look like a masterpiece theater production.

Sarah Michelle and Ryan Phillipe:
Two characters we love to hate, but feel sorry for. Insufferable but relatable. Ryan - bc his parents substituted money for love. Sarah because she was a bully to everyone bc her sister was mean to her, her father ignored her so she needed to use her looks and aggression to compensate. Jennifer- the nice calm girl who was changed by circumstances. Went from popular girl to emo depressive goth chick. Felt bad for her.

This new series- I want them to die asap, not now but right now. Anyone who greenlit this shyt needs to get the WW84 treatment and straight up blacklisted to irrelevance. Fukkin pieces of shyt scream mtvjr. gayng corrupted the program and CW’ed this into horrorble oblivion. I knew it though- wasn’t expecting it to be sooooo bad that it’s the worst excuse for a teen drama robot “reboot” that I’ve ever seen in a decade. They all need be knife stabbed and hatchet hacked in the second episode. No one cares.

Last edited: