Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
All I said was that werewolves are an under-represented subgenre in horror and I would like to see more werewolf movies.
I don't know why that was a "Niagara Falls" moment for Nicole. :manny:
But now I've been activated so...:lolbron:
Finished watching Halloween, ….fuk your werewolf movies, Halloween Kills, VHS 94, Midnight Mass and Malignant just proves that we need more ghosts, ghouls and straight up slashers. No one gives a 757 flying shyt about werewolves - it’s an old, overused, played out drama. That’s why all the new movies coming out for 2022 are paranormal, possession, slasher, monsters, even found footage is a resurgence; no one cares about werewolves because there’s too Fukkin many of them. I’m sick of zombie movies but I promise you that I will take the undead >>>> werewolf

Let the Bullets fly… no more leg shots for you. The Wolfing ends.
BowedOrderlyEgret-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Seems like I’m not the only one who thinks like this
All I said was that werewolves are an under-represented subgenre in horror and I would like to see more werewolf movies.

“If you're gonna do a werewolf story, I hope you won't put vampires (or other supernatural creatures) in it.
Because I hate how werewolves are often either the biggest enemy or the best friend of vampires. I think it doesn't make sense for them to be enemies, since vampires are superior to werewolves, and it's not like their instincts clash or something. Vampires want blood, werewolves want freedom. Why would they be enemies??? And them being friends is always the same "romeo and juliet" kinda trope where they can't be friends because their families won't accept it. #boring
I think vampires + werewolves stories overdone anyway.”

“I'm writing about a "werewolf" but have heard a lot of backlash lately that werewolves (along with vampires) are overused and aspiring authors in the fantasy genre should turn to different mythologies and bring something new and original to the forefront. ”

:sas2:

The people have spoken and we are tired of wearedwolves:
10 Lamest Werewolves In Movie History
https://screenrant.com/10-lamest-werewolves-in-movie-history/amp/

As a well-known cryptid, werewolves have been a staple to the horror movies. Unfortunately not every movie is a masterpiece. Here are 10 of the worst.
:mjlol::mjlol:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imagine talking about werewolves are an underrepresented genre when there have been at least 10 movies a year with werewolves and vampires since 1941.
:francis::hhh:

“Among the most famous of the cryptids, the werewolf has long been a part of cinema, along with vampires and zombies. Since 1941, we’ve seen the man-wolf take center stage, blowing us away with the animalistic brutality, horrifying howls, and gut-wrenching transformations”.

He’s acting like most of the biggest, headlining and popular movies in the past didn’t have werewolves like Twilight, Harry Potter, van helsing. Not to mention that the top worst ranked films have been werewolf movies.

But okay. Since @Jello Biafra said it, it must be true.
The Top 50 Worst Werewolf Films of All Time

:deadmanny:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Your list was basura, ma'am.

Most of it wasn't even werewolf movies.
The Top 50 Worst Werewolf Films of All Time

Teen Wolf Too 1987, 95 min.
Christopher Leitch

The Twilight Saga: New Moon 2009, 130 min.
Chris Weitz • Starring: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Billy Burke

Werewolf 1996, 99 min.
Tony Zarindast • Starring: Richard Lynch, Jorge Rivero, Joe Estevez
Werewolf Film

Kibakichi 2 2004, 80 min.
Tomo'o Haraguchi, Daiji Hattori • Starring: Ryûji Harada, Miki Tanaka, Masakatsu Funaki

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 2011, 135 min.
Bill Condon • Starring: Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson

Howling IV: The Original Nightmare 1988, 94 min.

HorrorMonster Film

Skinwalkers 2006, 92 min.
James Isaac • Starring: Jason Behr, Elias Koteas, Rhona Mitra

The Werewolf of Washington 1973, 90 min.
Milton Moses Ginsberg • Starring: Dean Stockwell, Clifton James, Michael Dunn

Monster Dog 1984, 84 min.
Claudio Fragasso • Starring: Alice Cooper, Victoria Vera, Carlos Santurio

Foreign Language FilmHorrorMonster Film

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse 2010,

Van Helsing 2004, 132 min.
Stephen Sommers • Starring: Hugh Jackman, Kate Beckinsale, Richard Roxburgh

Stan Helsing 2009, 108 min.

ComedyMonster FilmParody/Spoof

Howling VI: The Freaks 1991, 102 min.

Female-Directed FilmHorrorMonster

Howling III: The Marsupials 1987, 94 min.
Philippe Mora • Starring: Barry Otto, William Yang, Imogen Annesley

Big Bad Wolf 2006, 95 min.
Lance W. Dreesen • Starring: Trevor Duke, Kimberly J. Brown, Richard Tyson

Black ComedyHorrorHorror Come

13Hrs 2010, 85 min.
Jonathan Glendening • Starring: Simon MacCorkindale, Isabella Calthorpe, John Lynch

ActionHorrorMonster Film

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 2012, 115 min.

Red: Werewolf Hunter 2010, 87 min.
Sheldon Wilson • Starring: Felicia Day, Kavan Smith, Stephen McHattie

ActionAction ThrillerFantasy

Wolf 1994, 125 min.
Mike Nichols • Starring: Jack Nicholson, Michelle Pfeiffer, James Spader

DramaHorrorMonster Film

Howling: New Moon Rising 1995, 90 min.
Clive Turner • Starring: John Ramsden, Ernest Kester, Clive Turner

HorrorMonster FilmWerewolf Film

Moon of the Wolf 1972, 75 min.
Daniel Petrie • Starring: David Janssen, Barbara Rush, Bradford Dillman

HorrorMade-for-TelevisionMonster Film

Scream of the Wolf 1974, 78 min.
Dan Curtis • Starring: Peter Graves, Clint Walker, Jo Ann Pflug

HorrorMade-for-TelevisionMonster Film

Howling II: Stirba - Werewolf bytch 1985, 91 min.

Howling V: The Rebirth 1989, 96 min.

Gothic FilmHorrorMonster

Cursed 2005, 97 min.
Wes Craven • Starring: Christina Ricci, Jesse Eisenberg, Joshua Jackson

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This micheal Myers was like some Facebook meme version imo.
Michael? Didn’t get that feeling. Homie got back in his element in the 2018 film and was just continuing on the carnage. This felt like the most menacing he’s ever been.

If anything, I thought Haddonfield was a Facebook meme personified and the mob madness at the hospital reminded me of the craziness you would see in the comment section during last year’s protests and election.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That’s fair. But I still think the idea of an objectively bad movie only relates to technique. Bad camera angles, people missing their marks, just general shoddy production shyt. The stuff that’s so obvious you can’t miss it.

But as far as what one wants from a movie to do if it has all that? That’s subjective. I think of Italian cinema all the time in this regard. A lot of American audiences don’t like them or say they don’t make sense. They don’t make sense to us because we’re not Italian. And they’re made for Italian sensibilities. Not ours.

I can feel you there. Yeah, I'm more thinking about production stuff on a movie being bad. In terms of more narrative and messaging based aspects, it's way more in the subjective mode. It's also kinda wild how cut scenes and editing could really change how something hits. Justice LeagueSnyder cut comes to mind as a real glaring example but there but there are others I can think of like how they changed the ending to I Am Legend off audience reaction which REALLY shifts the implications at the end. That stuff is def subjective for the sure.

Interpretation can really run away from creators. There's only so much control they can wield there.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can feel you there. Yeah, I'm more thinking about production stuff on a movie being bad. In terms of more narrative and messaging based aspects, it's way more in the subjective mode. It's also kinda wild how cut scenes and editing could really change how something hits. Justice LeagueSnyder cut comes to mind as a real glaring example but there but there are others I can think of like how they changed the ending to I Am Legend off audience reaction which REALLY shifts the implications at the end. That stuff is def subjective for the sure.

Interpretation can really run away from creators. There's only so much control they can wield there.
Yup. Like if I was the studio, I’m keeping that original ending with I am legend. fukk ‘em

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Seems like I’m not the only one who thinks like this

“If you're gonna do a werewolf story, I hope you won't put vampires (or other supernatural creatures) in it.
Because I hate how werewolves are often either the biggest enemy or the best friend of vampires. I think it doesn't make sense for them to be enemies, since vampires are superior to werewolves, and it's not like their instincts clash or something. Vampires want blood, werewolves want freedom. Why would they be enemies??? And them being friends is always the same "romeo and juliet" kinda trope where they can't be friends because their families won't accept it. #boring
I think vampires + werewolves stories overdone anyway.”

“I'm writing about a "werewolf" but have heard a lot of backlash lately that werewolves (along with vampires) are overused and aspiring authors in the fantasy genre should turn to different mythologies and bring something new and original to the forefront. ”

:sas2:

The people have spoken and we are tired of wearedwolves:
10 Lamest Werewolves In Movie History
https://screenrant.com/10-lamest-werewolves-in-movie-history/amp/

As a well-known cryptid, werewolves have been a staple to the horror movies. Unfortunately not every movie is a masterpiece. Here are 10 of the worst.
:mjlol::mjlol:
Screenrant is one of the more bottom of the barrel entertainment sites.