Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I fully buy into Michael being durable as hell but to have him pop up after the beating/shooting/stabbing that Judy Greer and the angry mob gave him to rip through them like they were wet tissue paper all while Laurie was talking a bunch of supernatural mumbo jumbo implies that they are going down "human vessel for evil druid magic" rabbit hole whether Green wants to admit or not.
So while that may not be what he says he meant to do what he put on the screen was Supernatural Michael Myers.
I take him at his word. He said that’s not where they’re going. No curse of thorn shyt.
Halloween Kills Ending Explained With Director David Gordon Green - IGN

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If he says they aren't going that route I believe him but he did himself no favors with the way he shot those scenes. Whether unintentional or not, he leaned into Druid powered Michael Myers.
See I didn’t see it that way. I think he leaned into the idea that he started in this movie: people’s beliefs and how they lead them in the wrong direction or not. Even when she says the curse of Michael, she’s more so talking about the fact the way Michael spreads evil amongst the people.

My issue with that scene isn’t the curse shyt cause I didn’t read it that way. My issue is it didn’t need to be said because the movie showed me that. It’s like the subplot with the escaped inmate to make a point about how Michael infected the town and mob rule etc etc. the movie already did that. I got that. I didn’t need to see another scene and detour to make the point.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
ehhh- I liked the new Halloween

if Covid would not have killed last years momentum, we would have been watching Halloween Ends yesterday.
the delay killed the momentum from the first one - we watched it last night before Halloween Kills and it was like watching one 3.5 hour movie.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
ehhh- I liked the new Halloween

if Covid would not have killed last years momentum, we would have been watching Halloween Ends yesterday.
the delay killed the momentum from the first one - we watched it last night before Halloween Kills and it was like watching one 3.5 hour movie.
my first thought when the movie ended was imagine if this came out last year right around the election, like it was supposed to. All that mob mentality stuff would’ve hit even harder.

all in all I thought it was fine. Mike put in work and like Marty said, I liked the tone and themes a lot. Thinking back on it, I think it actually did a pretty good job setting the stage for Ends. We don’t really know what Michael is physically right now. And Laurie was talking about a link they had and that she needed to be the one to kill him, or that she needed to die for him to die, and then the cop was like nah it’s not about you at all.

I think the way we look back on this one is gonna have a lot to do with how End turns out. If they go somewhere interesting and answer those questions in a good way, I think people that didn’t like Kills will appreciate it more on rewatch. If End sucks then Kills will just be the movie that started down the bad path for the trilogy but had a bunch of good kills in it.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah I don’t do that. If I like it I like it. I don’t do the “I like it but I don’t think it’s a good movie” that’s bullshyt to me. If you like something you like it. And I don’t think a movie needs to be perfect to like it.

I think this idea the internet created of 1. Movies being objectively bad or good is stupid as fukk and B, “guilty pleasures” is also weird.
Good or bad is subjective. We all have our own tastes and what works for us or doesn’t. And it’s based on us, not the thing we’re watching.

I hated house of the devil when I first saw it. Absolutely hated it. Watched it a couple years ago and I fell in love. Movie didn’t do anything different or change. I changed.

I like parts of it but dislike parts of it. And what I like outweighs what I dislike. Like I said there’s horror movie convenience that I don’t like and it shows up in parts where it doesn’t need it. And it feels incomplete. Those are my knocks. But there’s stuff in it, like the tone and the theme and the messages and the kills and a few scares that I really like. Therefore I fukk with it lol. It’s an uneven flick that still works for me.

There's certainly a zeitgeist to how movies are viewed and appreciated. But cult, camp, and schlock predate the internet and I dare anyone to tackle the Room as not an objectively bad movie (or the Snowman).

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If he says they aren't going that route I believe him but he did himself no favors with the way he shot those scenes. Whether unintentional or not, he leaned into Druid powered Michael Myers.

Yeah co-sign 100%
He's not making spectacular recoveries, he's making miraculous ones. He's been burnt, stabs, hit with bricks and bats, shot repeatedly, and not only recovered but immediately taken out mobs of people. Dude's Wolverine with a John Wick bodycount.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There's certainly a zeitgeist to how movies are viewed and appreciated. But cult, camp, and schlock predate the internet and I dare anyone to tackle the Room as not an objectively bad movie (or the Snowman).
That’s fair. But I still think the idea of an objectively bad movie only relates to technique. Bad camera angles, people missing their marks, just general shoddy production shyt. The stuff that’s so obvious you can’t miss it.

But as far as what one wants from a movie to do if it has all that? That’s subjective. I think of Italian cinema all the time in this regard. A lot of American audiences don’t like them or say they don’t make sense. They don’t make sense to us because we’re not Italian. And they’re made for Italian sensibilities. Not ours.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I’m watching it in a few min. Well the rest of it. I tried to stay up all night after midnight this morning but I couldn’t make it lol. Tapped out.
I finished watching. Loved it - it’s a 9/10 from my ratings.

I don’t know why people are complaining about Jamie Lee Curtis- she’s 60 something years old, it’s been 3 years since the last- she not going to go all Linda from Terminator on Michael at her age and 40 years later.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I don’t know why people are complaining about Jamie Lee Curtis- she’s 60 something years old, it’s been 3 years since the last- she not going to go all Linda from Terminator on Michael at her age and 40 years later.
Yeah asking that character to be sarah Connor after intense emergency surgery is foolish

Daps
Reppin
Denver

Didn’t mind her getting benched for this one since I’m assuming she’ll be doing some heavy lifting in Ends