Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I see the chucky show paid homage to the chucky emporium at universal Studios.

Thank you for reminding me that I missed out on Halloween Horror Nights again this year :to:

You can book a stay at The Scream House through AirBnB:

Turns out this was pure marketing and never open to the public :bryan:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
If y’all want to read the most comedic comments- look at the user reviews for this pile of basura series on nbc
La Brea (TV Series 2021– ) - La Brea (TV Series 2021– ) - User Reviews - IMDb
:mjlol:
I have never seen so many 1s and 2/10 on a new series in life. Also watch the first 5 minutes- sharknado without the sharks levels of CGI
:bryan:
https%3A%2F%2Fonechicagocenter.com%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F08%2FNUP_195120_00001.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 13th:Last Shift
Th5NDud.jpg

This movie is genuinely creepy as hell. From the moment our rookie cop protagonist is left alone at the soon to be closed police station the tension is ratcheted up and almost every moment is full of skincrawling creepiness. Namely with scenes like this:
knnZrta.gif
And if that isn’t enough there are actual, honest to goodness scary scenes in this film! There are very few recent horror movies that have me feeling quite as uneasy while watching it as this one did. And that ending was a real gut punch.
Director Anthony DiBlasi showed a lot of skill at creating truly tense and spine tingling scenes and I really can't believe that he is the same guy who made the dreadful 'Most Likely To Die'.

I give 'Last Shift' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The first Episode of Chucky was decent.
Not sure how they are going to pull off this demonic doll running around being so bold with his fukkery for 10 episodes but I'm all in for it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Never trust a grown man who wears a turtleneck under a satin Polo shirt. And especially not if he pairs a top hat with it.
That is one of the first things a parent should tell their child.
Mans got that top hat on like a Disney villain. That abduction sequence is going to be disturbing as fukk.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
October 13th:Last Shift
Th5NDud.jpg

This movie is genuinely creepy as hell. From the moment our rookie cop protagonist is left alone at the soon to be closed police station the tension is ratcheted up and almost every moment is full of skincrawling creepiness. Namely with scenes like this:
knnZrta.gif
And if that isn’t enough there are actual, honest to goodness scary scenes in this film! There are very few recent horror movies that have me feeling quite as uneasy while watching it as this one did. And that ending was a real gut punch.
Director Anthony DiBlasi showed a lot of skill at creating truly tense and spine tingling scenes and I really can't believe that he is the same guy who made the dreadful 'Most Likely To Die'.

I give 'Last Shift' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

Hell yeah, this one was really good!

The part where she talks to the other cop for a while and when he turns to walk away he has a giant hole in the back of his head...woof

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watched "The Empty Man".

Movie wasn't very good but I'll give them points for being ambitious.

It had too much going on which in itself wouldn't be a problem with better writing/editing.

Horror is pretty much the only genre where zero explanation can actually enhance the material but when you got a 2 hour 15 minute movie that only vaguely hints at what's going on....it doesn't really work. 90 minutes is pretty much the sweet spot for "what the fukk is going on?" type horror.

Fred.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watched "The Empty Man".

Movie wasn't very good but I'll give them points for being ambitious.

It had too much going on which in itself wouldn't be a problem with better writing/editing.

Horror is pretty much the only genre where zero explanation can actually enhance the material but when you got a 2 hour 15 minute movie that only vaguely hints at what's going on....it doesn't really work. 90 minutes is pretty much the sweet spot for "what the fukk is going on?" type horror.

Fred.

I love this thread because this take is so similar to mine, whereas when I looked at reviews and critics on the Empty Man they mostly liked it. I feel a lot more like you do.