Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’ve generally been in on the idea of a new scream, but without Wes or Williamson, idk. This seems like a run of the mill teen slasher. Hope I’m wrong and they just left the smart, meta stuff that makes scream scream out of the trailer
I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt just because Radio Silence (the directing team on the new movie) are the folks who made Ready or Not which I loved.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
V/H/S 94 was Creepshow 3 status to me. Maybe I'll try to finish it

morris

Superstar
Daps
Needs time to marinate but this might be one of the recommendations I give for a long time to come.

Not a typical add water+mix movie/plot

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
From the a Huluween movie offerings on Hulu:

HELD - 6.5/10.
Think of Stepford Wives meets Unfaithful with a twist.
MV5BOGQ1YTIzMWItNGJlOC00ZmZhLTk3MTEtNmYyNWQ0M2JhNWQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What did you think of the twist?
I felt it was pretty inventive and took the movie up a notch for me.
For real. I was expecting it to be the regular average “stalker” or “home invasion” type movie but when it hit the flashback scenes that the wife started to have, that was a decent reveal, I was like - well executed.
:ohhh:
I didn’t predict that at all. Reminded me of the twist in “the Game” but of course, not as complex, different premise but the surprise factor definitely enhanced the movie.

I was happy to see they didn’t kill the Uber driver at the end, that he actually survived. Especially after he told the wife the sad story about his daughter in the hospital; I was like damn - they just killed him AND his sick daughter doesn’t have a father now :francis:then when I saw he was still alive I was like :blessed:. I thought they were going to pull the “no one survives” morbid ending but this movie was a good watch :obama:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What did you think of the twist?
I felt it was pretty inventive and took the movie up a notch for me.
I’m going to check this out on Hulu next - (Netflix peaked with me as far as their horror content after Midnight Mass and Squid Games, I’m tired of reading movies with subtitles at the moment and the BLumhouse Amazon Prime original new releases have been underwhelming- Huluween seems to have more variety not streaming on other channels that have held my interest other than Shudder). Looks to be cult - demonic possession movie. I’m on this “feral”/lost in the woods/ hidden danger in the forests subgenre lately. Had enough of slashers until Michael Myers on Friday night.
onesheet.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Random and Unpopular opinion but I’m just going to say it: “No Country for Old Men” is conveniently similar to “The Devil’s Rejects”
:jbhmm:
I was watching “No Country …” earlier today and the cinematography, storyline, killer sequences seem real familiar to Rob Zombie’s creation. Would not doubt if that movie was inspired by Devil’s Rejects. Going down to the Sheriffs being killed by Javier Bardiem’s character.
Devils Rejects - 2005
No Country for Old Men - 2007
:patrice:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:patrice:

6.5 is kinda low

I think we should end with a definite watch or only if noting else is on
I have like 6 different categories of horror movies between “definite watch” and “nothing else is on”.

Because the husband and wife weren’t that attractive to be leads in a movie. She was giving off Maggie Gyllenhall vibes. He did all that for HER type of behavior. Call me superficial but it is what it is. I wasn’t even going to watch at all - it’s in the category of “play in the background while I work so I don’t get bored but end up paying attention to the movie more than my work” lists. Which is above my category of “put on a horror movie to relax for my mid-day nap/lunch break from work, before I pick the kids up from school”.

Halloween kills is my Definite Watch category - “ DND alert: no one is to bother me, not replying to any texts and will not return any phone calls in the next 24-48 hours, grab snacks, clear out my Friday schedule and if I am watching with friends everyone needs to shut the fuk up/no talking or exit my premises” bc I’ve been waiting months To watch this particular horror movie. That’s the Category Level 1 - Definitive movie watching event category for me.

I also have the “leftover shyt on Netflix that’s been on my watchlist for 4 years to watch when nothing else is on” category.

Because of the ending, I’ll bump “Held” to a 7.5 though. It’s in the “you should watch, hidden gem” category.