Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-continued- This movie ^^^is an unexpected gem - luv this ish.The cast of characters + the randomness of the lines = the right mix of comedy/thriller/horror
:laff::mjlol:
the old lady saying “I don’t want any chips, I don’t want any olives, I don’t want any coca-collllaaa - I just want to get outta here :sadcam:
:deadrose:
they put olive oil on dude to try to fit him through the sewer hatch to help them escape and he still got stuck - wth :laugh:??

it this comedy horror or just got some comedy in it but it’s a regular horror flick? Seems interesting but not into the comedy horror.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I forgot- what Was the final take on this as far as closure or did this have one of those open ended conclusions where the audience has to make their own decision as to whether it was actually 1) the antique mirror that possessed the family and drove them into insanity, 2) the house was cursed or 3) were they legitimately clinically insane with mental problems? Did the kids inherit the behavioral pattern from the parents. I might need to rewatch this myself.
The movie ends with Tim and Kaylie both in their own separate hallucinations in the room with the mirror where they set up camera to video everything that happens and have a "Kill Switch" (a ancho affixed to the ceiling that would destroy the mirror when released); Tim seemingly comes out of his hallucination first and hits the Kill Switch but he doesn't realize the mirror has lured Kaylie in front of it using their mom's image and the anchor comes down on her head.
So the cops arrive and arrest Tim in a parallel to what happened when they were kids and Tim was blamed for their parents deaths.
While being driven away in the back of the police car, Tim sees Kaylie and his parents standing in the window with mirrors for eyes.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
The movie ends with Tim and Kaylie both in their own separate hallucinations in the room with the mirror where they set up camera to video everything that happens and have a "Kill Switch" (a ancho affixed to the ceiling that would destroy the mirror when released); Tim seemingly comes out of his hallucination first and hits the Kill Switch but he doesn't realize the mirror has lured Kaylie in front of it using their mom's image and the anchor comes down on her head.
So the cops arrive and arrest Tim in a parallel to what happened when they were kids and Tim was blamed for their parents deaths.
While being driven away in the back of the police car, Tim sees Kaylie and his parents standing in the window with mirrors for eyes.
Yeah it’s pretty clear that it’s the mirror, but I guess it’s open to interpretation a bit.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Thanks. I remember now. I need to circle back for a rewatch.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
it this comedy horror or just got some comedy in it but it’s a regular horror flick? Seems interesting but not into the comedy horror.
I’m not that into comedy horror either. It’s not over the top cheesy horror - more like sarcasm in the opening few minutes of the initial scenes then it takes a dark turn real quick and more sinister towards the end. It’s more of comedy in the sense of people trying to cope with fear through the use of humor/jokes but definitely not more comedy than thriller. It’s not scary- it’s mystery. It’s Not for everybody though - I watched it bc it has a Spanish actor (Mario Casas) that’s been in a few other movies that I’ve seen that have been interesting. Like this one:

here’s the official description for The Bar.
“In bustling downtown Madrid, a loud gunshot and two mysterious deaths trap a motley assortment of common urbanites in a decrepit central bar, while paranoia and suspicion force the terrified regulars to turn on each other.”

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Gave There's Someone Inside of the House a look and man...It really feels like they had a couple of cool ideas but didn't follow through on any of it. Basically, the killer starts off by targeting people who committed hate crimes or were members of hate groups while wearing masks that mirror the person he/she is targeting. So a hateful person is confronted with their past and then looks into the mirror as their punished...and then their crimes are broadcast to all of their loved ones btw. The HS horror setting means that students react to it all in immature fashion to boot. That concept should have legs but this joint makes everything more cartoonish then it has to be and doesn't do a good enough job of establishing a mystery. We go from a serious hate crime for the first victim to a kid with some light personal challenges to overcome by the third death. By that point it's almost a give away who is doing this and they don't have a particularly compelling reason behind their actions (probably why the victims' connections feel so disjointed).

There's a legit uncanny valley feeling the first time a victim is faced with a mask that looks like their own mirror image. Confronting people with their sins in a bread trail that leads to death sounds cool on paper but makes each victim feel dumber as they all stumble right into an obvious trap. Characters are all pretty flat. I'd say watch it until the title screen and then shut it off and let your imagination craft something better with all the time you'll save not watching the rest.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 10th:You Might Be the Killer
uaTtaHq.jpg

You Might Be the Killer miraculously is able to take a paper thin (if admittedly very funny) Twitter conversation between two authors and make an astoundingly fun movie that pokes at the slasher horror genre with a sharp stick and I can't recommend it enough.

I give 'You Might Be the Killer' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 11th:The Night House
ukiIyBR.png

Despite a pretty muddled concept and narrative that relies on ambiguity just a bit too long, The Night House is still a very entertaining watch.
The way director Doug Bruckner plays with shadows and space to create the sense of being watched or not alone is masterful and Rebecca Hall gives a raw performance that carries this film even in spots where it was dragging a bit.

I give 'The Night House' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Gave There's Someone Inside of the House a look and man...It really feels like they had a couple of cool ideas but didn't follow through on any of it. Basically, the killer starts off by targeting people who committed hate crimes or were members of hate groups while wearing masks that mirror the person he/she is targeting. So a hateful person is confronted with their past and then looks into the mirror as their punished...and then their crimes are broadcast to all of their loved ones btw. The HS horror setting means that students react to it all in immature fashion to boot. That concept should have legs but this joint makes everything more cartoonish then it has to be and doesn't do a good enough job of establishing a mystery. We go from a serious hate crime for the first victim to a kid with some light personal challenges to overcome by the third death. By that point it's almost a give away who is doing this and they don't have a particularly compelling reason behind their actions (probably why the victims' connections feel so disjointed).

There's a legit uncanny valley feeling the first time a victim is faced with a mask that looks like their own mirror image. Confronting people with their sins in a bread trail that leads to death sounds cool on paper but makes each victim feel dumber as they all stumble right into an obvious trap. Characters are all pretty flat. I'd say watch it until the title screen and then shut it off and let your imagination craft something better with all the time you'll save not watching the rest.
Good review and I agree with all of it.

I wanted to like this movie because slasher is my favorite horror subgenre and that first kill of the jock was so well done...then we get to the kill at the house party and everything turned to shyt. The choice of victim made no sense, the setting was even dumber and it also completely blew the big secret of who was doing the killings.
The rest of the movie was just trash right up to the awful ending.
I did love the creepy face masks that made the victims basically have to face themselves before paying for their transgressions.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
uaTtaHq.jpg

You Might Be the Killer miraculously is able to take a paper thin (if admittedly very funny) Twitter conversation between two authors and make an astoundingly fun movie that pokes at the slasher horror genre with a sharp stick and I can't recommend it enough.

this is a cool little flick - went in with zero expectations and when it was over i was impressed.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
uaTtaHq.jpg

Forgot all about this one. I really liked it when I watched it a couple of years ago