Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Mirrors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't think I've ever seen Mirrors.
Might check it out later today.

i haven’t seen the first one, but I enjoyed part 2. Some gory scenes. I haven’t watched the original Asian film; think ima add it to my watch list. :ohhh:

It's official, I'ma need a real live snuff film or some shyt to get my fix. I can't find shyt that does it for me. A24 been dry for a minute. I need a good, tense, anxiety inducing psychological thriller/horror with lots of mind fukkery and heavy on da creepiness.

I’ve been on those Italian cannibal films recently. Have Jungle Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox on my watch list.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I finished V/H/S 94 and I pretty much agree with what everyone already said. The practical effects on the 1st two movies are great.

The Suprise is my favorite story from 94. It starts off with a Sid from Toy Story creation then turns into a dark take on Mega Man. When the hard rock started playing it went FPS mode like the movie version of DOOM.

That was my favorite one too. The dude who made it also did my all-time favorite VHS story, Safe Haven from VHS2.

Daps
e4gf9qlxwaeog6r.jpg

Tonally, the installments were so far apart from one another, that the contrast of them were more jarring than being of balance.

Storm Drain
was the only one that felt deserved; the campiness, the building of tension, and it was an appropriate nod to that time and body horror, in general. The commercial was a nice touch too. The Empty Wake had the best premise of all, but was too short and fell completely flat before its climax.
The Subject was essentially Tetsuo: The Iron Man without the imagination, apprehension and unadulterated insanity. It dragged on for far too long and became tedious, which was made worse by the fact it didn't feel like it knew what it was, or if it belonged here. Terror is an interesting one: it would've been better served if it stayed in the world that they had created in the first half, because that was terrifying, but by the time the vampire element was introduced, it became hilariously bad.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Final verdict Dan's spoilers?

Trailer for Night House looked pretty good and original
Hall carried that film like crazy. Thought it fell flat in the end, but overall really enjoyed it for its tension building, sound design, and seeing the main character actually take on that anger phase of grieving. There’s an effective jumpscare in there that will leave you on edge throughout the movie.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BMzc5ODcyNTYtMDAwNy00MDhjLWFmOWUtNGVhMDRlYjE1YzNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Rewatched Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and chose violence on a lovely Saturday morning. I’ll always dig this one. This is Lynch horror. There was always a general sense of dread and discomfort in the original series and felt like while evil preyed on the town, its presence wasn’t as apparent as it is in this film. I love how Laura’s story wasn’t sugar-coated here and tonally, it’s dark man. Night and day difference from the show and there are horror elements here that are later brought back in the third season.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Sleepy Hollow was better than I remember it being
Watched it last month. Damn good film and more brutal than I thought it’d be. :picard:
Watched it myself for the first time earlier this year. It was really good- I like the dark gothic horror period pieces. This movie was very well done.

another one that I’ve been meaning to see with those elements is The Raven. Started watching it years ago, never got back for whatever reason.
91T6TE7z1LL._SY679_.jpg

and I rated this highly on my watchlist along the gothic inspired pieces - I watch this every Halloween

51T+mdNPvIL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This movie right here
:picard:
Netflix. “The Bar” - premise group of people trapped in a bar and any one of them that try to leave or escape, gets a headshot. Literally shot in the head. From an unknown source - not sure if it’s paranormal or an actual shooter. Like a doomsday expirement (subtitled)
The_Bar_%28film%29.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 9th: VHS 94
35R6MTh.jpg

Holy Hell: mildly interesting but I usually don't come to these types of films expecting the wraparound segment to blow me out of the water.

Storm Drain: I loved the ridiculous nonsensical aspect of this one. HAIL RAATMA!!

The Empty Wake: This one was really fun with an awesome zombie make-up/effect.

The Subject: Just high octane bloody violent batshyt insanity from start to finish and I loved every second of it.

Terror: A cool premise but it felt a bit undercooked.

Overall V/H/S/94 was a really enjoyable film that took a step forward for the franchise after what I felt was a bit of a stumble with the previous installment.

I give 'VHS 94' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There Someone In My House was an ok teen slasher flick.
I saved that for a later watch- had planned on watching it the other day but changed me mind, I’m kind of odee on Teen slashers after Netflix Fear Street 1984.

And I’m team OG early -mid 2000s era slasher - the origin of all of this!!! I know what you did last summer, urban legend, wrong turn, house of wax, my bloody valentine, the fog, scream etc etc so it takes a lot to impress me with that genre or else I get bored real easy. Reinventing the formula is not it - Rather rewatch the movies that raised me and/orrrrrrr it could be that I’m just getting older and snobbish
:deadmanny:
At least until scream 2022 comes out in January
:ahh:
life-piano-coming-at-me-down-the-stairs-2021-me-still-thinking-2015-was-like-two-years-ago.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
October 9th: VHS 94
35R6MTh.jpg

Holy Hell: mildly interesting but I usually don't come to these types of films expecting the wraparound segment to blow me out of the water.

Storm Drain: I loved the ridiculous nonsensical aspect of this one. HAIL RAATMA!!

The Empty Wake: This one was really fun with an awesome zombie make-up/effect.

The Subject: Just high octane bloody violent batshyt insanity from start to finish and I loved every second of it.

Terror: A cool premise but it felt a bit undercooked.

Overall V/H/S/94 was a really enjoyable film that took a step forward for the franchise after what I felt was a bit of a stumble with the previous installment.

I give 'VHS 94' 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
@storyteller
:deadrose::deadrose:
Terror was the worst one.

my rankings are
1. The Subject
2. The Wake
3. Ratmaa
4. Terror

and the wrap up is secondary to the overall sub-movies, that made no difference to me. They need to make “the subject” into a featured regular movie with a decent budget - those machine hybrids and the POV need to be developed for real.