Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
October 8th: Oculus
GhGLRbX.jpg

Early Mike Flanagan flick that doesn't reinvent the wheel but does provide a very entertaining 90 minutes of horror.
Great performances from all three principal actors (Karen Gillan, Katee Sackhoff and Brenton Thwaites). I also was impressed by the visual tricks Flanagan used to create the mindbending turns with the evil mirror that helped to make the audience feel the sense of confusion the characters were going through.
Going back a re-watching this movie really does show that Flanagan has a knack for integrating themes of mental illness, grief and family dysfunction into the horror genre.

I give Oculus 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
xx7KMiF.png
I can't believe WWE produced this movie.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Mirrors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
shaking-head-no-nope.gif

Disagree. Oculus was much better than Mirrors starting with the storyline and engagement. Not to mention Keifer Sutherland should never have been tapped to act in a horror movie. Drained whatever life that was left out of that movie. No rewatch value at all.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
October 8th: Oculus
GhGLRbX.jpg

Early Mike Flanagan flick that doesn't reinvent the wheel but does provide a very entertaining 90 minutes of horror.
Great performances from all three principal actors (Karen Gillan, Katee Sackhoff and Brenton Thwaites). I also was impressed by the visual tricks Flanagan used to create the mindbending turns with the evil mirror that helped to make the audience feel the sense of confusion the characters were going through.
Going back a re-watching this movie really does show that Flanagan has a knack for integrating themes of mental illness, grief and family dysfunction into the horror genre.

I give Oculus 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
xx7KMiF.png
Watching this tonight…forgot Flanagan was behind it. Thank you.

I think I dismissed it with the quickness when it first dropped after finding out WWE Studios helped produce it. :mjlol:

After all the praise I’m seeing for it, it’s without a doubt the best film they’ve been involved with. :wow:

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
More thriller than horror but a decent watch I'd Inheritance

There also a 15-minute horror short called Culpable

Both in HBOMax

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I finished V/H/S 94 and I pretty much agree with what everyone already said. The practical effects on the 1st two movies are great.

The Suprise is my favorite story from 94. It starts off with a Sid from Toy Story creation then turns into a dark take on Mega Man. When the hard rock started playing it went FPS mode like the movie version of DOOM.