Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I never compared Jug Face to Texas Chainsaw.

Just that it was a decent watch especially for a low budget horror flick.
That’s okay. I’ll pass on your low budget Wrong Turn/Hills Have Eyes straight to DVD Walmart bin movie Feature. I have TCM binge watches to do. Jug Head Hillbillies looks like it was filmed as a Betamax original programming bargain basement 4 in 1 specials, back in the 80s.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I had no idea there was a Grave Encounters 2. I'm hype for the Phantasm collection. The Stuff isn't as insane as Society, but I think it's got some of the same "that's ridiculous" charm. The dogs scene in the Stuff is elite.
I like to do a double feature of The Blob (1988) and The Stuff...they pair very well.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wanna rewatch the Next Generation (the one with Renee Zellwegger and Matthew Mcconaughey before they blew up).
I’ve never seen that one actually. I’ve only seen parts of it for a few minutes but never got around to watching the while movie - thanks for bringing that up. *Added.
:ohhh:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
WNUF Halloween Special is getting a blu-ray release just in time for Halloween.

“In 1987, a TV news team tried to contact spirits in a haunted house. But something went wrong. Three decades later, the recording of this spooky special has finally surfaced and viewers can now see what really went on that fateful night – complete with commercials!”

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I like to do a double feature of The Blob (1988) and The Stuff...they pair very well.
YES!!!!!! Now that’s what I’m talking about; totally agree with that.
this-matthew-mcconaughey.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That’s okay. I’ll pass on your low budget Wrong Turn/Hills Have Eyes straight to DVD Walmart bin movie Feature. I have TCM binge watches to do. Jug Head Hillbillies looks like it was filmed as a Betamax original programming bargain basement 4 in 1 specials, back in the 80s.
Considering I hadn't even thought about Jug Face once between the time I first saw it years ago and today, all of this attacking the movie means nothing to me.

Unlike how my dislike of Texas Chainsaw seems to bother you so deeply.

So I am winning this round without even having to do anything.:myman:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You didn’t like The Collection or The Collector either. I’m not moved by what you consider decent.
:francis:
I know I didn't like The Collector but I thought I said I liked The Collection.
Or maybe I said that The Collection was less shytty than The Collector.
Imma have to search the thread to be sure.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know I didn't like The Collector but I thought I said I liked The Collection.
Or maybe I said that The Collection was less shytty than The Collector.
Imma have to search the thread to be sure.

I guess I really didn't like The Collection all that much either. :mjlol:

I must have been in a mood to punish myself after watching The Eagles shyt the bed again this week so I watched The Collection.
:stopitslime:
I said this about The Collector:

Is The Collector supposed to be something I should like? And if so, why?

It had a swiss cheese plot, the constant brutality went from mildly interesting to utterly ridiculous almost instantly and it seemed like the Writer/Director team was more focused on trying to make their idea of a "cool" horror villain than they were interested in making a good movie with a villain people just liked organically.

In summation, I found the movie to be obnoxious, boring and amateurish.

PracticalBiodegradableAlbertosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Its like they went even more overboard with making The Collector into this Mary Sue'd overpowered combo of Jigsaw/Jason Voorhees/John Wick in The Collection and it was absolutely ridiculous to watch.
This just isn't a franchise for me because I hated every second of the sequel.

Oh well. :manny:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
WNUF Halloween Special is getting a blu-ray release just in time for Halloween.

“In 1987, a TV news team tried to contact spirits in a haunted house. But something went wrong. Three decades later, the recording of this spooky special has finally surfaced and viewers can now see what really went on that fateful night – complete with commercials!”

I JUST finished reading an article yesterday that was all about the Blair Witch Project and how it played at being real in a manner no one could pull off now. They referenced the WNUF Halloween Special and how it was originally distributed to make it seem real and hard to get a hold of (basically they showed up at horror conventions and planted some VHS or DVD's around for people to find). It made me want to check the flick out and see.

random sidenote: The author of the article used the word "verisimilitude" so much that it's no ingrained in my vocabulary.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I wanna rewatch the Next Generation (the one with Renee Zellwegger and Matthew Mcconaughey before they blew up).

I’ve never seen that one actually. I’ve only seen parts of it for a few minutes but never got around to watching the while movie - thanks for bringing that up. *Added.
:ohhh:
TCM: The Next Generation is hilarious!
It is definitely one of those "so bad it's good" type of movies.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I JUST finished reading an article yesterday that was all about the Blair Witch Project and how it played at being real in a manner no one could pull off now. They referenced the WNUF Halloween Special and how it was originally distributed to make it seem real and hard to get a hold of (basically they showed up at horror conventions and planted some VHS or DVD's around for people to find). It made me want to check the flick out and see.

random sidenote: The author of the article used the word "verisimilitude" so much that it's no ingrained in my vocabulary.
The folks behind WNUF did a really good job at making it seem like it was authentically something that aired in the 1980s on some local TV channel.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
For anyone who is interested in seeing just how good the kills are in Slasher: Flesh & Blood, Shudder's released a spoilery compilation video of all the kills so far in the in the first 4 episodes.