Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Son you need a timeout:russ:

She called you an entanglement :russ:
It’s true. I’m skipping any and all of @Jello Biafra posts for the near foreseeable future.
:scust:
He gets worse when I’m actually trying to be nice; he has no chill, is not respectful of boundaries, forces his opinions on me, hates everything that I have a genuine interest in, is manipulative- 3 years of this; look at how he talks down to me and tells me how I should think- seriously look at the regression of my posts in this thread from circa 2018, fast forward to 2021- mind control. He hates everything. I don’t know how he did it but
:scust::scust:
domestic bliss ‘tis not and I keep coming back. There’s too many upcoming horror movies for this to continue . F that. Recognizing the problem and Acceptance is the first sign of my recovery.
:aicmon::ahh:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yea I saw, hopefully they are good. I’m at the movies right now about to watch Old.
Report back with your review please
:feedme:
Must be amazing to sit in a movie theater, the smell of popcorn, nestle crunch and large fruit punch/lemonade combo extra ice - surround sound, recliner seats. To experience something other than a desk, bed, tv, and a laptop this past year; get extra butter - I want the freshly popped kernels not the ish that’s been sitting in the bin ..ewww or nachos and jalapeños will work too
:banderas:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The trailer for Lamb, A24's latest arthouse horror film drops tomorrow.

E7ObgRoX0AMQCm-

Lamb looks weird as fukk.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
escape room? I only see the cam version. :feedme:
I went to the movie theater to see it.
It was just me all alone in this big ass theater...got to actually watch the whole movie without my mask on and even get snacks and a drink.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
yea I saw, hopefully they are good. I’m at the movies right now about to watch Old.
Just got back from Old...I wanted to like it. Went into the theater being very optimistic.
I ended up thinking about how that hotel having large swaths of guests just going missing would've immediately resulted in all kinds of media and law enforcement attention that would've shut their shyt down.
So the fact it took until the end for a cop (who just happened to be staying there btw) being given a book full of names of the missing for there to be any undue attention paid to the luxury resort that keeps on losing perfectly good rich white people just took me out of any suspension of disbelief I tried to have.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Just got back from Old...I wanted to like it. Went into the theater being very optimistic.
I ended up thinking about how that hotel having large swaths of guests just going missing would've immediately resulted in all kinds of media and law enforcement attention that would've shut their shyt down.
So the fact it took until the end for a cop (who just happened to be staying there btw) being given a book full of names of the missing for there to be any undue attention paid to the luxury resort that keeps on losing perfectly good rich white people just took me out of any suspension of disbelief I tried to have.
My review
I give the movie a matinee rating. I have not read the graphic novel, so I am only going by the plot of the movie. The premise was cool, but the execution was not. I agree with you about the whole hotel being an stake out for a pharmaceutical company. Like rich sick people that seem to go missing after visiting this hotel and that does not raise a red flag? The actors that were playing the kids as they were aging did real well. I like how the bodies were maturing, but the brain was still their same ages. The film was entertaining for sure and I did not leave the movie like I was disappointed. Lol I also liked the fact they use the "black dont crack" statement as a reason why the black people barely showed any progression in aging.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
My review
I give the movie a matinee rating. I have not read the graphic novel, so I am only going by the plot of the movie. The premise was cool, but the execution was not. I agree with you about the whole hotel being an stake out for a pharmaceutical company. Like rich sick people that seem to go missing after visiting this hotel and that does not raise a red flag? The actors that were playing the kids as they were aging did real well. I like how the bodies were maturing, but the brain was still their same ages. The film was entertaining for sure and I did not leave the movie like I was disappointed. Lol I also liked the fact they use the "black dont crack" statement as a reason why the black people barely showed any progression in aging.

I loved the premise and to his credit M Knight shot the holy hell out of this movie...it was gorgeous to look at.
Acting was on point too.
But the execution is where things fell apart for me. The holes in the plot weren't the kind you could just wave away, they were massive and distracting.
Still enjoyed it for what it was but I was hoping for more.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:unimpressed:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Every Final Girl In The Halloween Franchise, Ranked Worst To Best
Whether it's the iconic Laurie Strode, her lovable niece Jamie Lloyd, or Angel Myers in Rob Zombie's reboots, Halloween's Final Girls are ranked!
https://screenrant.com/halloween-horror-series-every-final-girl-michael-myers-survivor-ranked/amp/
-continued
Look whose ranked #3

people hate on halloween 2007 but his movies stay ranking high on the popularity charts
:ohhh:
3Angel Myers - Halloween (2007) & Halloween II (2009)
halloween-scout-taylor-compton.jpg

Angel Myers (Scout Taylor-Compton) is the female protagonist in Rob Zombie's two Halloween outings. As Michael's baby sister, Angel is forced to change her name from the familiar Laurie Strode in order to keep her baleful brother from finding and killing her as an adult.

RELATED: Halloween - 5 Things Rob Zombie's Remake Kept From The Original (& 5 It Changed)

When the plan fails and Michael arrives out for blood, Angel shows tremendous strength to fight back, foil his attacks, inflict damage to the seemingly impervious monster, and fully prevails at the end of the first film. After the guilt and trauma of the 2007 events leaves her with violent tendencies that mirror her brother's, Angel summons the courage and power to kill Michael with his own trademark butcher knife in the sequel. While she triumphs as a fierce and ferocious Final Girl, it comes with a hefty personal toll.

giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You