Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
breaking fukking news. the director was known. the trilogy? new. Leslie odom, jr.? New. Ellen returning? Also new

'The Exorcist': David Gordon Green to Direct New Trilogy Starring Leslie Odom Jr. and Ellen Burstyn

Jason Blum will produce alongside David Robinson of Morgan Creek, which holds the rights to the Exorcist franchise. The New York Times broke the news, reporting that Universal and Peacock have acquired the trilogy in a mega-deal worth more than $400 million. The first film is expected to hit theaters in late 2023 -- a year after Green's final Halloween movie -- while the second and third films could wind up debuting on Peacock under the terms of the deal.

Rather than remake The Exorcist, Green will continue the story, with Odom playing the father of a possessed child. Desperate for help, he tracks down Burstyn's character, whose young daughter (Linda Blair) was possessed by the Devil in the first film. Her character did not appear in the two Exorcist sequels or the prequel.
Oh wowwww!!!!! This is LEGIT! That’s all that I needed to see- Jason Blum + Exorcist to sell me on it. Continuation - word. I’m there. Done deal.

they were probably testing the waters with the Fox Network “Exorcist” series

Look at this:

Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills director David Gordon Green is signed on to direct the new Exorcist trilogy,
:whoo::damn:
which will be a big bit of excitement for fans who have overwhelmingly approved of Green's handling of Michael Myers. Morgan Creek Entertainment (right holders of The Exorcist franchise) will team with Jason Blum's Blumhouse Productions (The Purge, Happy Death Day) to oversee the project - which will reportedly cost Universal and Peacock upwards of $400 million+ to make.
——
New Exorcist Trilogy In Development With Halloween Director, Original Star Returning
David Gordon Green recently teased his new take on The Exorcist franchise, during an interview with Total Film (per GamesRadar):

"The Exorcist has been written. That was one of my pandemic projects. It’s not inaccurate [that it will be a sequel to the original film]. I like all the Exorcistmovies. And not only do I like them, I think they can all fall into the acceptable mythology for what I’m doing. It’s not like I’m saying, 'Pretend that The Exorcist 2 never happened.' That’s fine to exist. They’re all fine to exist, and I enjoy all of them.

(Photo: Scene from The original "Exorcist" Movie)
new-exorcist-movies-trilogy-universal-david-gordon-green-ellen-b-1277032.jpeg

Green also expressed that handling the Exorcist franchise with the same reverence he's shown Halloween

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
-continued -

“That one is a lot of research, rather than just impulsive screenwriting. That’s one that you talk to a lot of people. You read a lot of books, and do a sh-tload of interviews. There was such a dramatic authenticity to what that original film is. It’s a lot more than I anticipated getting into it. And I guess I was naive to think that. But it was very exhilarating to be involved in a lot of those conversations that you find yourself in."

The first installment of the new Exorcist films is said to be scheduled to arrive in theaters sometime in 2023. However, the deal that's been struck reportedly for the second and third films in this new Exorcist Trilogy to potentially be exclusively Peacock premieres. The move suggests that Comcast and NBCUniversal are trying to secure more blockbuster-brand content that can then be funneled into a direct line of incentives for consumers to subscribe to the Peacock streaming service.

It doesn't take an in-depth numbers chart to tell you that in the current market of the "Streaming Wars," Peacock has fallen behind its competitors in terms of both subscriber numbers, and brand strength. All those The Office re-runs just ain't cutting it...””
:mjlol::mjlol:..:laff:

Pure shade. NBC knows how run a formula into the ground - can’t remember the last time I watched anything work sticking with on NBC except for AP Bio- the rest is TRASH or background noise. Their best shows are on USA network with Suits and I’m for sure not watching WAGS: Miami
:mjlol::francis:
Dr. Death and Mr. Mercedes are their biggest draw right now.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Does anyone know about this or checked it out? Peacock (USA network) - BRIARPATCH

Based on the Ross Thomas novel of the same name, "Briarpatch" follows Allegra Dill, a dogged investigator who returns to her border-town home in San Bonifacio, Texas. What begins as a search for her sister's killer turns into an all-consuming fight to bring the corrupt town to its knees. "Briarpatch' celebrates a unique blend of crime, thriller, mystery, and pulp fiction

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Does anyone know about this or checked it out? Peacock (USA network) - BRIARPATCH

Based on the Ross Thomas novel of the same name, "Briarpatch" follows Allegra Dill, a dogged investigator who returns to her border-town home in San Bonifacio, Texas. What begins as a search for her sister's killer turns into an all-consuming fight to bring the corrupt town to its knees. "Briarpatch' celebrates a unique blend of crime, thriller, mystery, and pulp fiction

I watched the first episode when it came out and until you posted this I hadn't thought about the show even once since then.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I liked it. Knew it wouldn’t last long. It was way too weird and specific

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I watched the first episode when it came out and until you posted this I hadn't thought about the show even once since then.
Dammit Jello
:deadmanny:

Shadiest wordplay ever. This man manages to give the most subtle roasts and backhanded compliment commentary ever. Never a middle ground. Let me decide what to like or not like, for once.
:mjlol::deadmanny:

This dude has managed to program my brain to think like him - NO exaggeration. I go into movies and shows hating for no reason. I’ve been questioning my preferences, second guessing my opinions. I read my comments in here for the past few months and I’m like - what am I saying?? Did I actually write that. I need a break from him. Feels like a dysfunctional entanglement.
:pachaha::merchant:

@MartyMcFly make him stop - get him out of my head. He’s ruining my experiences
:damn:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Dammit Jello

Shadiest wordplay ever. This man manages to give the most subtle roasts and backhanded compliment commentary ever. Never a middle ground. Let me decide what to like or not like, for once.

This dude has managed to program my brain to think like him - NO exaggeration. I go into movies and shows hating for no reason. I’ve been questioning my preferences, second guessing my opinions. I read my comments in here for the past few months and I’m like - what am I saying?? Did I actually write that. I need a break from him. Feels like a dysfunctional entanglement.

SimilarMelodicColt-size_restricted.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Escape Room -2019? think that’s on Amazon prime video for free, there has to be a better version for you to watch by now, I think. Tubi?
@T.H.E.GOD i just checked Tubi, they don’t have it. They have a movie called “Escape from Room”
And “Escape Room: Quest of Fear”. Those are not it. :laugh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Dammit Jello

Son you need a timeout:russ:

She called you an entanglement :russ: