Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Nah, they can't get sued. There is an entire sub-industry of movies that are called Mockbusters.

ExSVKjzXEAI4SIx

Ez7MiYUWQAQpotz

D2YyeqhWoAAYDMz

DdQ4-14V4AAzQkU

D51RGNmWAAEyXkY

ExSVKKxXMAY4v5o
Shout out to SyFy. Mega Piranha and Battle of Los Angeles are the GOATs

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Ray Fisher's issue (that was confirmed by his co-stars including Gal Gadot who played Wonder Woman and Jason Momoa who played Aquaman) was that Joss Whedon was abusive to the actors on set and had some :mjpls: tendencies.

In Snyder's film Cyborg was the emotional heart of the movie but when Whedon came in he cut almost all of the Cyborg stuff.

Also the people who were in charge of the DC movies at the time were desperate to get some of that Marvel movie shine which is why they hired Whedon in the first place (he made the first 2 Avengers movies) and they gave him the greenlight to "Marvel up" the movie Snyder had shot. So Whedon cut and re-shot the bulk of Snyders movie.
Thanks for the clarification, fellas.
Read that the WB Exec who told him that he was “contractually obligated to say the line” was fired. And that Whedon himself ended up getting axed from future projects- poetic justice in a way. I read all of his skeletons came out the closet with “Buffy the Vampire” as well. But they tried to run Ray through the gutter for standing up for himself. I’m glad Whedon’s version failed. Did you see that clip with Ray? He refused to say the line but Whedon called him in for reshoots - you can see the expression on his face, he did not want to say that line; that’s sadistic that they included it in the film - you could see the tortured expression on his face

But Zack removed the scene from his version of the movie. “Army of the Dead” put me on to Justice League bc I wasn’t really paying attention to DC except for Black Lightning on CW.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I’m not in a rush too- I’ll check it out but I have other movies on my lists that I want to get to before that. Good looks though. I think the Purge movies peaked for me at The First Purge (2018)- I can’t see any being better after that. Then after that movie, I watched the 2 seasons of The Purge Series on Hulu (USA network) - I’m kind of purged out. There was a period of time where all I did was Purge, I want to see more slashers and supernatural/ghosts, possessions in production.

i tried watching the purge tv show but I felt they had to dumb things up so much stretch stuff out that i quit half way. Im mainly checking this out since its damn near an annual tradition now. I will say this one looks the most low budget

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I’m not in a rush too- I’ll check it out but I have other movies on my lists that I want to get to before that. Good looks though. I think the Purge movies peaked for me at The First Purge (2018)- I can’t see any being better after that. Then after that movie, I watched the 2 seasons of The Purge Series on Hulu (USA network) - I’m kind of purged out. There was a period of time where all I did was Purge, I want to see more slashers and supernatural/ghosts, possessions in production.

i tried watching the purge tv show but I felt they had to dumb things up so much stretch stuff out that i quit half way. Im mainly checking this out since its damn near an annual tradition now. I will say this one looks the most low budget

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Exactly - the series was a fail. I was over it, that’s why I’m not enthused about this latest one. But I’ll still watch it because I’m curious to see what they do in the movie. Like you said - it looks low budget, like it was made as a USA Network original movie, ironically.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That is one of the issues I have with a lot of those horror TV shows. Sometimes their premise can only work in a two hour movie so when they try to stretch it out to 8 to 10 hours of episodic television it falls flat.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Why do we love scary movies so much fam
Not sure how deep an answer you’re looking for, but my answer is: if movies were poetry, horror movies would be haikus.

Dramas can go anywhere and do anything, but horror has to follow a formula. Like a haiku having to follow syllable constraints. The beauty is in what you can accomplish in those constraints.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Finally watched Black Summer Season 2 over the weekend.

The first 10 minutes of episode 1 had me like :whoo::lupe::damn::mindblown::krs::demonic:

But the rest of the season was very uneven to me and aside from a few episodes (specifically Episode 3, Episode 5 and Episode 8) I would find myself just wanting things to hurry up and end.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why do we love scary movies so much fam

Because it’s entertaining, It’s fun, escapism and why not? The suspense and darkness, seeing people scared, the doom and overall rush of violence. Fearful situations - stress and tension are exciting to watch.
:yeshrug:

Because I do not like rom-coms, over-reaching dramatic storylines; movies with happy feelings and tears - those are torture.
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Finally watched Black Summer Season 2 over the weekend.

The first 10 minutes of episode 1 had me like :whoo::lupe::damn::mindblown::krs::demonic:

But the rest of the season was very uneven to me and aside from a few episodes (specifically Episode 3, Episode 5 and Episode 8) I would find myself just wanting things to hurry up and end.
Don’t say any more- Im only on episode 2. You hold off on any further review; your comment will not sway my opinions of this series until I finish the entire run. You caught me off guard with Swamp Thing - won’t happen again.
:ufdup: