Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
These bad reviews on my newsfeed- this can’t be a coincidence,
:patrice:
Halloween - Plugged In

“Thirty years and seemingly hundreds of sequels later (OK, two or three shy of 10), the so-called movie masterminds in Hollywood have decided that the public needs a remake of the original and they tapped White Zombie singer-turned-horror director Rob Zombie to preside over its unholy reincarnation. What Zombie delivers is an unwatchable mess that’s equal parts homage, prequel and bloodbath. This Halloween takes great pains (quite literally) to try to explain why little Michael becomes a non-speaking, mask-wearing homicidal maniac. Indeed, about 40 of the movie’s 109 horrid minutes are devoted to this. But in a single sentence, I can save you the misery of sitting through it: The kid has a stripper for a mother, an abusive alcoholic stepdad, a hateful sleaze of a sister and a gaggle of school bullies to drive him to the brink.

In short, his obscenity- and evil-drenched home life is poisonous enough to be anyone’s version of hell on earth. So he puts on a clown mask and butchers everyone.

The last part of the film condenses and duplicates the original film’s telling of older Michael’s suburban rampage.

Without giving any kudos to Carpenter’s first take, it’s needful to report that anything vaguely passing for legitimate suspense or tension 30 years ago has been stripped away. No masked man glimpsed in the darkened window here. This Michael just plows through doors and walls with his bloody knife at the ready. And that’s making even fans of the genre blanch. TheMovieBoy Dustin Putman writes that he and the Halloween franchise “share a passionate history together, and one would be hard-pressed to find a bigger supporter of the series.” Yet he concludes that this installment is a “foul-mouthed, soulless, low-rent slasher flick that mistakes graphic violence for genuine thrills and sex scenes for character development.”

:patrice::deadrose:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@LaBellaNicole0416.NYC just negged me for posting about a horror movie in the horror movie thread. :dead:

And then threatened me and said I could never post here again. :deadrose:

I married to a high-value woman, none of this constant flirting is gonna get you anywhere :deadmanny:
What the hell are you talking about? Get the fuk outta this thread if you have nothing to contribute to the themes at hand and stop following me. We don’t take too kindly to outsiders especially from Whiter Learning, ooops, I mean Higher Learning and TLR. No one cares about your 40 paragraphs of how your wife’s sisters 3rd cousin, Daquan sold the Golf club to Tigers Woods that his wife beat him with or that you knew the uncle of the cousin of your grandmother was flying the same air space as the valujet that crashed in Florida. Tall Tale concoct an adventure, lying fabricated story goofy. Dude is 2 degrees of seperate in every news story from the last 25 years
:bryan:
:deadmanny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What the hell are you talking about? Get the fuk outta this thread if you have nothing to contribute to the themes at hand and stop following me. We don’t take too kindly to outsiders especially from Whiter Learning, ooops, I mean Higher Learning and TLR. No one cares about your 40 paragraphs of how your wife’s sisters 3rd cousin, Daquan sold the Golf club to Tigers Woods that his wife beat him with or that you knew the uncle of the cousin of your grandmother was flying the same air space as the valujet that crashed in Florida. Tall Tale concoct an adventure, lying fabricated story goofy. Dude is 2 degrees of seperate in every news story from the last 25 years
:bryan:
:deadmanny:

That doesn't happen and when I asked you to post an example you couldn't even come up with one. :what:

You have a weird hangup about the fact that some friends of mine died in a small plane crash. It wasn't a famous crash or in any news story that has ever been posted here. I mentioned it in a thread about a plane crash and you accused me of making the story up in order to match Aaliyah's crash (my friends' crash had zero relation to Aaliyah's crash except for the fact that small plane crashes are pretty common). I proved that I had posted the same fukking story with the same details 4 years earlier so I obviously hadn't made it up for the thread. You then claimed that I invent a story for every thread, I asked you to prove even ONE example of me doing that and you couldn't.

I guess you want to create some narrative about me but it ain't gonna take hold when you don't even post any examples of your bullshyt.

I don't know what I did to hurt you but I'm sorry. Hate me if you want but don't just make up random shyt about me without receipts. :mjtf:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That doesn't happen and when I asked you to post an example you couldn't even come up with one. :what:

You have a weird hangup about the fact that some friends of mine died in a small plane crash. It wasn't a famous crash or in any news story that has ever been posted here. I mentioned it in a thread about a plane crash and you accused me of making the story up in order to match Aaliyah's crash (my friends' crash had zero relation to Aaliyah's crash except for the fact that small plane crashes are pretty common). I proved that I had posted the same fukking story with the same details 4 years earlier so I obviously hadn't made it up for the thread. You then claimed that I invent a story for every thread, I asked you to prove even ONE example of me doing that and you couldn't.

I guess you want to create some narrative about me but it ain't gonna take hold when you don't even post any examples of your bullshyt.

I don't know what I did to hurt you but I'm sorry. Hate me if you want but don't just make up random shyt about me without receipts. :mjtf:
This dude -:mjlol::deadmanny: please take your shyt back over to TLR or HL. I don’t care about you or your pretend Sympathy Acts and Tragedy Falsifications VOL 43:655878. Move along.

This poster acts like his entire family and friends circle is Final Destination: PT 6. Everyone around him routinely is followed by Death’s Design that coincidentally coordinates with every major news event for the past 30 years. This dude fabricated a number of incidents- his timeline. Get outta here and get help. No one cares.

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
‘Blood Red Sky’: A Vampire Mother Protects Her Child at 30,000 Feet in Netflix Horror Movie [Trailer]

Nadja and her ten-year-old son are on an overnight flight from Germany to New York when a group of terrorists violently take control of the plane and threaten the lives of the passengers. Suddenly Nadja faces an impossible choice – should she reveal her dark side and the inner monster she has kept hidden from her son for years in order to save him?”

Blood Red Sky will premiere on July 23, and it looks a bit like 30 Days of Night… at 30,000 feet. And just wait until you see vampire mom’s blood-sucking final form she’s forced to unleash…

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watched The Conspiracy since it was on the latest Shudder list of drops and...it had good points and bad points. It's a found footage style horror in which a pair of documentarians covering conspiracy theorists stumble upon a real conspiracy theory. I love secret society stuff, found footage is fun, this felt like a shoe-in for my enjoyment. Let's go in a bit:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2330322/

So the central premise is right there for you. These two dudes interview a few people about conspiracy theories and hit the motherload when one of their subjects goes missing. One of the guys becomes obsessed with figuring out what happens and that leads them on a journey to investigate and (predictably enough that I'm spoiling it) infiltrate a secret society.

There are limitations to this kinda found footage movie. Mainly...it's a TON of exposition. One guy explains a conspiracy theory, then the next guy explains how he's connecting dots, and then they explain the next part of the conspiracy...it's tell don't show, because it's all built around secrets. The scares for the entire first three quarters amount to "hey is that car following us?" or "that person was at the last place we ate too!" It kinda helps add intrigue but it's not really scary.

So we have another horror that's 90% build-up with a focus on the final act being their big payoff....and actually, this payoff isn't bad. There's a really creepy ceremony (it looks heavily inspired by that old Bohemian Grove footage from before Alex Jones went full lunatic but was still insane) and it leads to a very intense closing sequence. The problem is you've sat for an hour and 15 minutes to get to 10 minutes of "this is good" and then it's over.

So on the good side...characters are pretty likeable, it does a good job of starting light and funny before the stakes get higher and higher. The last scene is legitimately good. The bad is that they could cut this thing by 45 minutes and you wouldn't lose much. I'm tempted to say this coulda been pulled off in 15 minutes because the audience it appeals to would be familiar with the conspiracies they're pulling inspiration from. The plot uses found footage and secrecy to give you some mystery, but the path is completely predictable since we wouldn't have a movie if these guys weren't on to something.

Anyway, I wasn't even gonna write up on it but I saw inflated scores on Rotten Tomatoes and got annoyed. It's an alright attempt at found footage but there are so many better options around. The conspiracy premise is cool, but you'd be better off spooking yourself with the real conspiracy theories. So my suggestion...watch the opening bit til their subject disappears and then just fast forward all the way until the last 15 minutes. You won't miss much and the best scenes will still be there for you.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Whats up with you??

@LaBellaNicole0416.NYC

Why do you entertain all this shyt?
I’m not. Dead issue. Ignored him and moved on.

I’m watching Zack Snyder’s Justice League while I’m working. I didn’t realize all of the conflicts and back stories behind the making of this movie because I’m not on comic book movies like that.I know I’m late. Don’t judge me. Unrelated question - and slightly off topic. But I know y’all won’t try to be jerks or trolls about my questions so here goes -

This is what I gathered so far and @MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra
Let me know if I’m right please.

So there was a first release version from a different director. Zack Snyder , but he had to back down because of a family issue. They bought in a second director But he was harassing and demeaning everyone on set,everyone hated him and hated the first movie. there was a controversy of Cyclops saying “booyah” because he was the only black superhero and felt that it was racist to have a catchphrase (I agree with that). But the director exercised his control, he said the phrase. The movie bombed because everyone familiar with DC comics felt it didn’t live up to expectations, Warner Bros wanted a “happier” version of the movie . But box office took a hit. Like badly. Then in comes Zack Snyder again with his Justice League (4 hours long!!) but everyone seems to rate this version high ranked. But Warner Bros - already made the first movie, which lost 300 million. Ray Fisher - Cyclops ended up suing Warner bros? He became black listed. So what’s the difference between the old Justice league first release and the new one on HBO Max - why was the first one so bad besides the director, different storyline? What did Zack include on his Director’s cut that the first movie didn’t have? Why did the standby by director, Josh cut out the scenes instead of building on Zack’s movie. Idk I’m confused.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I’m not. Dead issue. Ignored him and moved on.

I’m watching Zack Snyder’s Justice League while I’m working. I didn’t realize all of the conflicts and back stories behind the making of this movie because I’m not on comic book movies like that.I know I’m late. Don’t judge me. Unrelated question - and slightly off topic. But I know y’all won’t try to be jerks or trolls about my questions so here goes -

This is what I gathered so far and @MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra
Let me know if I’m right please.

So there was a first release version from a different director. Zack Snyder , but he had to back down because of a family issue. They bought in a second director But he was harassing and demeaning everyone on set,everyone hated him and hated the first movie. there was a controversy of Cyclops saying “booyah” because he was the only black superhero and felt that it was racist to have a catchphrase (I agree with that). But the director exercised his control, he said the phrase. The movie bombed because everyone familiar with DC comics felt it didn’t live up to expectations, Warner Bros wanted a “happier” version of the movie . But box office took a hit. Like badly. Then in comes Zack Snyder again with his Justice League (4 hours long!!) but everyone seems to rate this version high ranked. But Warner Bros - already made the first movie, which lost 300 million. Ray Fisher - Cyclops ended up suing Warner bros? He became black listed. So what’s the difference between the old Justice league first release and the new one on HBO Max - why was the first one so bad besides the director, different storyline? What did Zack include on his Director’s cut that the first movie didn’t have? Why did the standby by director, Josh cut out the scenes instead of building on Zack’s movie. Idk I’m confused.
You more or less got it. Cyborg not cyclops but that’s more or less it.
Now idk what’s happening with ray Fischer and his career and time will tell. But he’s clearly telling the truth not that that matters in life.

As far as the differences, there are longer scenes, more explanation for some things, completely different versions of scenes, and wrap ups to some storylines Zack started with man of steel way back in 2013. It’s also a much longer movie. Like a much much longer movie lol. And a few characters pop up in his cut that weren’t in joss Whedon’s cut

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Watched The Conspiracy since it was on the latest Shudder list of drops and...it had good points and bad points. It's a found footage style horror in which a pair of documentarians covering conspiracy theorists stumble upon a real conspiracy theory. I love secret society stuff, found footage is fun, this felt like a shoe-in for my enjoyment. Let's go in a bit:

The Conspiracy (2012) - IMDb

So the central premise is right there for you. These two dudes interview a few people about conspiracy theories and hit the motherload when one of their subjects goes missing. One of the guys becomes obsessed with figuring out what happens and that leads them on a journey to investigate and (predictably enough that I'm spoiling it) infiltrate a secret society.

There are limitations to this kinda found footage movie. Mainly...it's a TON of exposition. One guy explains a conspiracy theory, then the next guy explains how he's connecting dots, and then they explain the next part of the conspiracy...it's tell don't show, because it's all built around secrets. The scares for the entire first three quarters amount to "hey is that car following us?" or "that person was at the last place we ate too!" It kinda helps add intrigue but it's not really scary.

So we have another horror that's 90% build-up with a focus on the final act being their big payoff....and actually, this payoff isn't bad. There's a really creepy ceremony (it looks heavily inspired by that old Bohemian Grove footage from before Alex Jones went full lunatic but was still insane) and it leads to a very intense closing sequence. The problem is you've sat for an hour and 15 minutes to get to 10 minutes of "this is good" and then it's over.

So on the good side...characters are pretty likeable, it does a good job of starting light and funny before the stakes get higher and higher. The last scene is legitimately good. The bad is that they could cut this thing by 45 minutes and you wouldn't lose much. I'm tempted to say this coulda been pulled off in 15 minutes because the audience it appeals to would be familiar with the conspiracies they're pulling inspiration from. The plot uses found footage and secrecy to give you some mystery, but the path is completely predictable since we wouldn't have a movie if these guys weren't on to something.

Anyway, I wasn't even gonna write up on it but I saw inflated scores on Rotten Tomatoes and got annoyed. It's an alright attempt at found footage but there are so many better options around. The conspiracy premise is cool, but you'd be better off spooking yourself with the real conspiracy theories. So my suggestion...watch the opening bit til their subject disappears and then just fast forward all the way until the last 15 minutes. You won't miss much and the best scenes will still be there for you.
Saw this a few years ago. I dug it