Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I thought GAIA was OK; not great but definitely better than In The Earth.

The highlights were the design of the fungal creatures and the way the fungus moved and devoured people. It also had a nice vibe of ambiguous creepiness throughout.
It did tend to spend way too much time navel gazing at the goofy mythology/spirituality that the film concocted.
Also the whole relationship between the lady ranger and the survivalist son was complete wack juice.
I actually never got around to this. Gonna watch tonight

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’m not. Dead issue. Ignored him and moved on.

I’m watching Zack Snyder’s Justice League while I’m working. I didn’t realize all of the conflicts and back stories behind the making of this movie because I’m not on comic book movies like that.I know I’m late. Don’t judge me. Unrelated question - and slightly off topic. But I know y’all won’t try to be jerks or trolls about my questions so here goes -

This is what I gathered so far and @MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra
Let me know if I’m right please.

So there was a first release version from a different director. Zack Snyder , but he had to back down because of a family issue. They bought in a second director But he was harassing and demeaning everyone on set,everyone hated him and hated the first movie. there was a controversy of Cyclops saying “booyah” because he was the only black superhero and felt that it was racist to have a catchphrase (I agree with that). But the director exercised his control, he said the phrase. The movie bombed because everyone familiar with DC comics felt it didn’t live up to expectations, Warner Bros wanted a “happier” version of the movie . But box office took a hit. Like badly. Then in comes Zack Snyder again with his Justice League (4 hours long!!) but everyone seems to rate this version high ranked. But Warner Bros - already made the first movie, which lost 300 million. Ray Fisher - Cyclops ended up suing Warner bros? He became black listed. So what’s the difference between the old Justice league first release and the new one on HBO Max - why was the first one so bad besides the director, different storyline? What did Zack include on his Director’s cut that the first movie didn’t have? Why did the standby by director, Josh cut out the scenes instead of building on Zack’s movie. Idk I’m confused.
Ray Fisher's issue (that was confirmed by his co-stars including Gal Gadot who played Wonder Woman and Jason Momoa who played Aquaman) was that Joss Whedon was abusive to the actors on set and had some :mjpls: tendencies.

In Snyder's film Cyborg was the emotional heart of the movie but when Whedon came in he cut almost all of the Cyborg stuff.

Also the people who were in charge of the DC movies at the time were desperate to get some of that Marvel movie shine which is why they hired Whedon in the first place (he made the first 2 Avengers movies) and they gave him the greenlight to "Marvel up" the movie Snyder had shot. So Whedon cut and re-shot the bulk of Snyders movie.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Unearth

I’m in a slow Sunday slump trailer watching vibe. The rest of 2021 is looking kind of up for horror movies - these trailers look dope
tumblr_llx3timODW1qeijfbo1_400.gif

I watched Unearth today and I'm not exaggerating when I say that nothing happened in this movie for about a full hour and the damn run time was like 95 minutes.
It was just an hour of economically anxious farmers being depressingly poor.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I watched Unearth today and I'm not exaggerating when I say that nothing happened in this movie for about a full hour and the damn run time was like 95 minutes.
It was just an hour of economically anxious farmers being depressingly poor.
:dead:Are you serious?? These horror trailers look dope asf but the movies are so mediocre.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:dead:Are you serious?? These horror trailers look dope asf but the movies are so mediocre.
Dead serious...the horror stuff doesn't begin until a smooth hour has passed.
And its a shame because once the movie took that turn some of the stuff that happened was pretty cool. Only some though; a lot of the way things were handled made zero sense.
This concept with a better writer/director could've been good because it had a good cast.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yall messing with this Purge flick this weekend?
I’m not in a rush too- I’ll check it out but I have other movies on my lists that I want to get to before that. Good looks though. I think the Purge movies peaked for me at The First Purge (2018)- I can’t see any being better after that. Then after that movie, I watched the 2 seasons of The Purge Series on Hulu (USA network) - I’m kind of purged out. There was a period of time where all I did was Purge, I want to see more slashers and supernatural/ghosts, possessions in production.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Gonna put this in the queue since Julian Richings creepy as is in it lol. The plot reminds me of Monster Party

24cb797b5e267295a8bc80f551b079de.jpg

Joel, a caustic 1980s film critic for a national horror magazine, finds himself unwittingly trapped in a self-help group for serial killers. With no other choice, Joel attempts to blend in or risk becoming the next victim.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i just realized what you both were talking about - previewing trailers on YouTube. This popped up.
Sharks of the Corn by Stephen “Kang”- I hate life rn. Stephen KANG, like really ??.
:deadmanny:

You know that there couldn't be a movie called Sharks of the Corn by Stephen Kang and I wouldn't be on it, right?

This is actually a real movie! :russ::mjlol::lolbron:

"Steven Kang" :deadmanny:

E0PbarEWQAU7F-S

Didn't know they had a full trailer out for it though.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You know that there couldn't be a movie called Sharks of the Corn by Stephen Kang and I wouldn't be on it, right?

Didn't know they had a full trailer out for it though.
How did I miss this or did I? It must not have hit me that this was a real movie. Shyt :laff:.

They can’t get sued for this??
:mjlol::deadmanny: