Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know it says 1990 under the title, but Shakma had a 80's feel to me. The old-ass computer program sent me almost as much as the attack scenes. That little monkey was catching bodies! I'm kinda surprised it doesn't have a big cult following because there's some meme-able stuff throughout. It also had some charm in that it actually killed characters I expected to surprise...being unpredictable in the campiest way possible can hit. @MartyMcFly it's definitely a smoke and watch movie :mjlol:.

I straight up loved that latest episode of Creepshow btw. I'm a fan of Ethan Hawk's stuff, so watching him ham it up was enough to get by on the first story which was admittedly kinda weak. Then Bob Ross vs the Evil Dead has got to be one of the most random, creative, and entertaining ideas I've seen in a minute. I loved that ish! Especially the one dude running around with his face burnt off.

That was Kevin Dillon.
qPNMtze.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Can someone put a list of some must see flicks on Shudder? Just signed up for a free trial and trying to get all the movies I can get in within the month.

@MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra @LaBellaNicole0416.NYC
They just dropped a bunch of older horror flicks. Cat people, Nosferatu. I’d go with that. Then:

the dark and the wicked
Deep red
Tenebrae
Revenge
Mandy
Dead heat
Behind the mask
Elvira mistress of the dark
Re animator
Satanic panic
The love witch
Better watch out
Society
Train to Busan
One cut of the dead
Satans slaves
Host
Spiral
Haunt
City of the living dead
Humanoids of the deep
The beyond
The burning
A bay of blood
Maniac cop 1&2
Black Christmas
Tourist trap
Pieces
Head count

lol and finally any doc they have on there is pretty on point. Horror noire and in search of darkness being my favs of the bunch

Daps
Reppin
Denver
They just dropped a bunch of older horror flicks. Cat people, Nosferatu. I’d go with that. Then:

the dark and the wicked
Deep red
Tenebrae
Revenge
Mandy
Dead heat
Behind the mask
Elvira mistress of the dark
Re animator
Satanic panic
The love witch
Better watch out
Society
Train to Busan

One cut of the dead
Satans slaves
Host
Spiral
Haunt
City of the living dead
Humanoids of the deep
The beyond
The burning
A bay of blood
Maniac cop 1&2
Black Christmas
Tourist trap
Pieces
Head count

lol and finally any doc they have on there is pretty on point. Horror noire and in search of darkness being my favs of the bunch
Co-sign, but if you’re only keeping it for a month, start with the bolded. And Anything for Jackson.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Can someone put a list of some must see flicks on Shudder? Just signed up for a free trial and trying to get all the movies I can get in within the month.

@MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra @LaBellaNicole0416.NYC
Sorry but I don’t post in this thread anymore - dudes have me fukked up. Imagine posting on a thread for 3 years and looking out for a person, (actually multiple people) then they completely sideline you for a fukkin fronting ass racist bytch of a poster. Instead of using that energy for the person proven to be in the wrong. Oh and the person running with the opp and this subforum operation directs the animosity - I got the message: Dont fuk with their coli cac-c00n status quo in TFR or else they will not fuk with you.

Therefore I can’t respond with a list. Nothing personal. I’m sure they won’t appreciate this response and have it deleted. Because gawd forbid you point out something that makes them uncomfortable. But rather than ignore your mention, this is my response.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I gave Let's Scare Julie a shot...I hate that I didn't check this thread first, because that ish sucked and some of yall had said so.

For those uninitiated, it's a horror that starts with a slumber party and some girls go to play a prank on the creepy neighbor...it goes bad. But the twist that they've added is that it looks like it's all shot in one take. The camera follows the POV of a girl who didn't go to do the prank while she tries to piece together wtf happened and find missing friends (as well as her little sister).

Reading it back, that sounds like a cool idea. It just flops on execution. The pre-horror slumber party scene that's supposed to introduce us to the characters is crap. There's a bunch of random info thrown in with no relevance later in the story and none of the characterizations really matter beyond the first half-hour or so. When the action starts...it's not action. It's all reactions and vague descriptions about the horrors next door, but we never see jack.

Speaking on vague descriptions, they're not the only part of the plot where characters act weird as hell. From inexplicable vague conversations over the phone, random decisions by characters to run around places, and completely random conversations starting up that don't actually lead to anything...this feels like it was one take, and the dialogue was improvised without any planned conclusion.

I say that because SPOILER ALERT: This shyt doesn't even have an ending. Nothing gets wrapped up or explained. Someone gets chased and...fade to black.

I hated it enough to rant on it. It's not in the so bad it's good category, it's just a slow-paced thriller without the thrills. It keeps you hooked because you want answers, but it just throws a bunch of random unrelated plot threads out without explaining any of them or coming to a resolution.