Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
:mjlol:
Was this joint good? :ohhh:
The end of the movie got a little campy and silly but the horror jokes and sarcasm had me dying (or maybe I was sleepy and everything seems extra comedic when I’m tired). I think what added to it were all the “inside jokes” and the shade that he was throwing out there about South Jersey. lol- if you know anything about central or southern New Jersey. I used to have friends out that way. Theres a “Kmart closing” joke that had me :laff:

I’ve seen the first 3 movies in the whole “Bad Ben” franchise years ago and I like it for what it is. Definitely not for everybody though. I appreciate the humor and have always been a fan of found footage horror movies. Didn’t realize that Bad Ben goes up to like pt 8 or 9. I’m watching them backwards, I’m at this 6th one - (premise is that he is hired to investigate paranormal disturbances)
MV5BZTAxNDYwMzgtYjc0OC00ZTZjLWE5YjktMWU5MmY3OGNiYmQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched Violation on Shudder and was not feeling it.

If you are gonna make a "woman get revenge" movie then you need to embrace the exploitation aspects of the sub-genre so Violation trying to be this A24 style movie with all it's fancy directing tricks and melancholic tone just fell flat for me.

All the high-minded artsy fartsy trappings in the world doesn't take away that you are still making an exploitation flick and all you end up with when you do that is a mess of a film like what Violation is.

There's a reason that I Spit On Your Grave is considered a cult classic and the more recent Revenge was so well-received...those movies knew what they were and behaved accordingly.

Its also why I thought Promising Young Woman was ass despite a ferocious performance by Carey Mulligan.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Watched Violation on Shudder and was not feeling it.

If you are gonna make a "woman get revenge" movie then you need to embrace the exploitation aspects of the sub-genre so Violation trying to be this A24 style movie with all it's fancy directing tricks and melancholic tone just fell flat for me.

All the high-minded artsy fartsy trappings in the world doesn't take away that you are still making an exploitation flick and all you end up with when you do that is a mess of a film like what Violation is.

There's a reason that I Spit On Your Grave is considered a cult classic and the more recent Revenge was so well-received...those movies knew what they were and behaved accordingly.

Its also why I thought Promising Young Woman was ass despite a ferocious performance by Carey Mulligan.

What did you think of Lucky?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I loved Lucky.

It was a cool out of the box take on the "woman in peril" sub-genre and one of the few movies with a feminist message that didn't come off as heavy handed and obnoxious with it's delivery.
Yeah I fukk with it a lot. Think it had a great message and was done effectively.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I know it says 1990 under the title, but Shakma had a 80's feel to me. The old-ass computer program sent me almost as much as the attack scenes. That little monkey was catching bodies! I'm kinda surprised it doesn't have a big cult following because there's some meme-able stuff throughout. It also had some charm in that it actually killed characters I expected to surprise...being unpredictable in the campiest way possible can hit. @MartyMcFly it's definitely a smoke and watch movie :mjlol:.

I straight up loved that latest episode of Creepshow btw. I'm a fan of Ethan Hawk's stuff, so watching him ham it up was enough to get by on the first story which was admittedly kinda weak. Then Bob Ross vs the Evil Dead has got to be one of the most random, creative, and entertaining ideas I've seen in a minute. I loved that ish! Especially the one dude running around with his face burnt off.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know it says 1990 under the title, but Shakma had a 80's feel to me. The old-ass computer program sent me almost as much as the attack scenes. That little monkey was catching bodies! I'm kinda surprised it doesn't have a big cult following because there's some meme-able stuff throughout. It also had some charm in that it actually killed characters I expected to surprise...being unpredictable in the campiest way possible can hit. @MartyMcFly it's definitely a smoke and watch movie :mjlol:.

I straight up loved that latest episode of Creepshow btw. I'm a fan of Ethan Hawk's stuff, so watching him ham it up was enough to get by on the first story which was admittedly kinda weak. Then Bob Ross vs the Evil Dead has got to be one of the most random, creative, and entertaining ideas I've seen in a minute. I loved that ish! Especially the one dude running around with his face burnt off.
because I didn't see the evil dead shyt coming, it completely took me by surprise and I loved every minute of it. they did a backdoor evil dead prequel in an episode of creepshow. that's pretty damn dope.

and yes to Shakma:russ: