Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What do you all feel about the "Clarice" show??

I watched the first two episodes and thought it was better than I’d expected. It’s not as good as Hannibal was imo, but that’s because there’s no Hannibal which leaves a void. I’m gonna binge the season eventually, I want to see what direction they take it in. Clarice dealing with the trauma while also dealing with unwanted stardom from the Buffalo Bill case is a really dope character angle to follow.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What do you all feel about the "Clarice" show??
I have two problems with this show:

1. I really don't think having Clarice so traumatized by the Buffalo Bill case does anything good for the character at all.

2. The decision to make the overarching storyline about some shadowy organization killing whistleblowers instead of focusing on serial killers has taken almost all of the interesting potential out of the show.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This writer for The Guardian kicked off a discussion by asking if Alien was a horror movie:

Then she kicked over a hornet's nest by proclaiming that horror cannot be set in space:

She basically told the world she knows nothing about horror while acting like she was an expert on horror.

Like Event Horizon doesn't exist.:stopitslime:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This writer for The Guardian kicked off a discussion by asking if Alien was a horror movie:

Then she kicked over a hornet's nest by proclaiming that horror cannot be set in space:

She basically told the world she knows nothing about horror while acting like she was an expert on horror.

Like Event Horizon doesn't exist.:stopitslime:

tenor.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Things Heard & Seen
A Manhattan couple moves to a historic hamlet in the Hudson Valley and come to discover that their marriage has a sinister darkness, one that rivals their new home’s history. Based on the acclaimed novel by Elizabeth Brundage.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@storyteller @Jello Biafra

I might be missing something.

But why the hell they be dawging Clarice so much on this show??

:what:
The other FBI agents all think she's a neophyte who lucked out with the Buffalo Bill case so they don't respect her or think she deserves the opportunities she's being given.
The Senator's daughter has transferred some of her trauma from being kidnapped by Buffalo Bill over to Clarice so that she was initially sorta obsessed with Clarice being her hero; that then morphed into her being pissed at Clarice for ghosting her and now it's turned into her sorta hating Clarice and also being disappointed by her since Clarice wasn't the heroic rescuer that they both convinced themselves she was and instead was just as scared in Bill's basement as the Senator's daughter.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The other FBI agents all think she's a neophyte who lucked out with the Buffalo Bill case so they don't respect her or think she deserves the opportunities she's being given.
The Senator's daughter has transferred some of her trauma from being kidnapped by Buffalo Bill over to Clarice so that she was initially sorta obsessed with Clarice being her hero; that then morphed into her being pissed at Clarice for ghosting her and now it's turned into her sorta hating Clarice and also being disappointed by her since Clarice wasn't the heroic rescuer that they both convinced themselves she was and instead was just as scared in Bill's basement as the Senator's daughter.
:ehh:

I like this show tho.
Wanted to kinda hate it cause Hannibal was just too too toooooooo ill!

But this is cool so far.