Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
fukking supernatural :mjlol:
I wanna smack em on the head when they get homoetional. Mf you have luckier breathing down your necks but you gotta stick to that CW formula huh:stopitslime:
I know right :laff::laff:
I loved that show but damn Sam Winchester- focus please.
:deadmanny::deadrose:
Dean was the voice of reason but nooooo Sam goes through his bouts of depression, lingering stares and moodiness at the worst moments. CW formula - lmao. Tragic. Falling in love with demons and shapeshifters
:snoop:

They did with Black Lightning, Reign, Swamp Thing etc etc
:bryan:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I know right :laff::laff:
I loved that show but damn Sam Winchester- focus please.
:deadmanny::deadrose:
Dean was the voice of reason but nooooo Sam goes through his bouts of depression, lingering stares and moodiness at the worst moments. CW formula - lmao. Tragic. Falling in love with demons and shapeshifters
:snoop:

They did with Black Lightning, Reign, Swamp Thing etc etc
:bryan:
This mf wants to go home and be a family man but forgets there won't be a home to go to if you don't focus :mjlol:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
fukking supernatural :mjlol:
I wanna smack em on the head when they get homoetional. Mf you have luckier breathing down your necks but you gotta stick to that CW formula huh:stopitslime:
The moody insufferable entitled teenager that puts the entire family at risk and/or the obnoxious boyfriend or girlfriend and/or careless best friend, dumb athlete, “cool kid” making dumb decisions, divorcing parents ...

which describes almost every 90s horror movie
tenor.gif

- Urban Legend, Disturbing Behavior, Idle Hands, I know what you did last summer, Scream 2, the Craft, Halloween H20, the Faculty ..

The axe murderer

Daps
The moody insufferable entitled teenager that puts the entire family at risk and/or the obnoxious boyfriend or girlfriend and/or careless best friend, dumb athlete, “cool kid” making dumb decisions, divorcing parents ...

which describes almost every 90s horror movie
tenor.gif

- Urban Legend, Disturbing Behavior, Idle Hands, I know what you did last summer, Scream 2, the Craft, Halloween H20, the Faculty ..
They make it easy for me :ahh:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This mf wants to go home and be a family man but forgets there won't be a home to go to if you don't focus :mjlol:
Facts - Not enough that he has god given supernatural abilities and insight
:dead::dead::laff:
Every 7th episode, he has to be harshly reminded and given reality checks of why he needs to keep fighting. Not enough that his mother was murdered, his uncle was a paraplegic, he sees his own death, he dies, his brother dies, every romantic liaison ends tragically, his father dies, plagues, pestilence, angels come to help him, demons roam loose taunting him ... but Sam needs a staycation bc he’s having trouble coping. I needed a break from Sam I am. Like Dean doesn’t matter- Sam needs his lust. “Don’t beat yourself up, Sam” says Dean. Nahhh- he needs it. His never ending search for “answers” .Not enough that the Devil’s Gate is wide open - selfish sad Sam.

:hhh:
Hold up - wasn’t Sam the reason Bobby was in a wheelchair?

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly we have a new writing theme for you. Inappropriately placed love scenes in horror movies and how they contributed to one’s demise or how a romantic revelation or family secret led to a horror themed entanglement.
:no::facepalm:

-The Descent
-you’re next
-any horror movie where they fight over the same lead female or male
- horror movies about family dysfunction (Knives Out)
- then on the other end of the scale, Tucker and Dale lol
Hm. Good shyt. I may pitch that. Actually I am going to pitch that lol.

The axe murderer

Daps
Facts - Not enough that he has god given supernatural abilities and insight
:dead::dead::laff:
Every 7th episode, he has to be harshly reminded and given reality checks of why he needs to keep fighting. Not enough that his mother was murdered, his uncle was a paraplegic, he sees his own death, he dies, his brother dies, every romantic liaison ends tragically, his father dies, plagues, pestilence, angels come to help him, demons roam loose taunting him ... but Sam needs a staycation bc he’s having trouble coping. I needed a break from Sam I am. Like Dean doesn’t matter

:hhh:
He don't wanna go back in the cage with lucifer. That should be motivation enough :damn:
You see how Lucy talked about im? He tore that ass up:damn:
He probably made him dress up as the Wendy's mascot .....turned him into a painted whore:damn:
Made him call him zaddy:huhldup:
All that for an eternity:huhldup:
Matter of fact if there was something thay should have caused fatigue it should have been the mental damage he'd incur from being in an absolute hell :huhldup:
I dont think the writers understand the level of ptsd that would cause which would break anyone. My dude bussy got turned inside out:huhldup:
But we get CW teen angst :ld:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dredd is steaming on Hulu. I like this movie - currently watching.
:whoo:
220px-Dredd2012Poster.jpg

4 minutes in. the bad guys took out an innocent bystander, harsh. The way that man was casually listening to his headphones, vibing and the van impacts him -few seconds later; straight up rage and ragu sauced, cold world and excessive use of graphic violenc. I’m “In”
:mjgrin::francis:

The axe murderer

Daps

4 minutes in. the bad guys took out an innocent bystander, harsh. The way that man was casually listening to his headphones, vibing and the van impacts him -few seconds later; straight up rage and ragu sauced, cold world and excessive use of graphic violenc. I’m “In”
Needed to have the same team for a doom movie but they got some shyt even syfy would snub with the Quickness

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Deaths on Dredd

KILLCOUNTS WIKI
Deaths on Dredd
=
101!!!!!!

:damn::damn::damn::damn:
I had to look this up - it’s only 7 minutes in and there’s been like 10 brutal death scenes

Dredd is a brutal action flick with both a high body count and a brain
Tonight we got our first look at Dredd, the rebooted adaptation of Britain's favorite dystopian super-cop, Judge Dredd. Yes, this movie is ultra-violent, and no, Karl Urban doesn't take his helmet off. But amidst the bullets and blood, Dredd leaves some questions about its heroes' role in their dystopian society while taking a very artistic approach to 3D movie violence.

——-
Waittt- this movie was in 3D when it came out in 2012??!!!!! Oh mi gawd
:deadrose::damn:..:dahell::dahell:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
url
Stumbled upon Fear of Rain. It’s about a girl with schizophrenia who thinks her neighbor is kidnapping children. It’s the Rear Window, Fright Night, Disturbia, etc “is my neighbor really evil” plot line but with a narrator that you know for sure is unreliable and that does freshen up the experience quite a bit.

I’d be curious to see if the writers have experience with the mental illness or worked with others who have. They really push you into the main girl’s perspective. You hear the voices, you hear her going over exercises to deal with them (she might ask herself “is he real? Are other people reacting to him?”). At times she deals with her parents not believing her friend at school is real...and she’s not even sure herself.

that gets at the emotional thru-line here. This is more drama than horror most of the time. You see the challenges a person with schizophrenia might face and also how the people around them react and cope as well. That’s also partially why I’m curious about input the writers got...it could be insensitive if they just winged it. This girl and her family go through some ISH!

Anyway, the good is the mystery of it all. You literally don’t know what’s real and what isn’t because the protagonist doesn’t. Characters are easy to empathize with as well. The problem on the horror end is that because so much is built on illusions and paranoia...the stakes are just as unreliable. It’s harder to be scared when you start assuming the threats will vanish.

But that’s also what helps the drama. You question the narrator as much as everyone else including herself. When something turns out to be real, it’s an “oh shyt” moment that leaves you smiling or aghast. I think it hits what it was going for (again, more drama than horror).

I love neighbor horror. Wrote a novella based on the concept with my cousin when were teens and everything. So I stan this premise and how it plays with the formula. The movie is good not great, but the creative approach warranted a write-up. It’s unique and I enjoyed the ride despite some of the flaws. Worth a look fam!

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
The+Wind.jpg

Description
Lizzy is a tough, resourceful frontierswoman settling a remote stretch of land on the 19th-century American frontier. Isolated from civilization in a desolate wilderness where the wind never stops howling, she begins to sense a sinister presence that seems to be borne of the land itself, an overwhelming dread that her husband dismisses as superstition. When a newlywed couple arrive at a nearby homestead, their presence amplifies Lizzy's fears, setting into motion a shocking chain of events.

This shyt so trash
Nothing happens in this stupid shyt