Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just finished this.... it was okay i guess:yeshrug:

I knew 15 minutes in the white dude was fukking the slave fish.... rapist and in slavers they are,, always
:mjpls:

5a72d04883bf2171a92cf51c54e997c3.png
Colonizers gonna be colonizers. Even to fish people.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BMTAxMDAxODg5ODReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDI5ODYxODI@._V1_.jpg

Think I just got a new favorite with this one....no clue why it took me so long to watch it. The grainy cinematography and score only added to the aesthetic to which I loved, akin of a horror film that dropped in the 1970s. Really enjoyed the slow burn paranoia of Samantha wandering through the old house alone.

Appreciated how the film took its time to build its atmosphere slowly. Didn’t rely on jumpscares, but rather subtle, creepy warning signs to which the main character is completely oblivious to and yet the audience is just strapped along for the ride, taking in all the dread of the inevitable. I know Samantha had to be sick to her stomach realizing that a satanic cult was just prepping set-up while she gets her 80s dance montages on, oblivious to it all. :snoop:

Also didn’t realize Greta Gerwig was in this....that was interesting lol.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Think I just got a new favorite with this one....no clue why it took me so long to watch it. The grainy cinematography and score only added to the aesthetic to which I loved, akin of a horror film that dropped in the 1970s. Really enjoyed the slow burn paranoia of Samantha wandering through the old house alone.

Appreciated how the film took its time to build its atmosphere slowly. Didn’t rely on jumpscares, but rather subtle, creepy warning signs to which the main character is completely oblivious to and yet the audience is just strapped along for the ride, taking in all the dread of the inevitable. I know Samantha had to be sick to her stomach realizing that a satanic cult was just prepping set-up while she gets her 80s dance montages on, oblivious to it all. :snoop:

Man I slept on this movie so hard. Watched it years ago at my boys house and wasn’t feeling it. Watched it again a couple years ago when joe bob showed it and I loved it.

Agree with everything you said. And it just goes to show how movies don’t “age well” or “age badly;” it’s truly all about how we age as people

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I been Sleeping on it need to watch it

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

I need to watch this