Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Back for Season 2
2-sentence-horror-1024x576.png
1st story - Bag Man. “Head in a bag “

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Haven't dropped any horror thoughts in a minute. Some recent watches and thoughts:

Willy's Wonderland was a horror premise on top of an action-comedy. It was funny and campy, but I was a little bit disappointed. Having Nicholas Cage play a silent role feels like a huge waste of potential and the action scenes were pretty lame. It was just okay and that's disappointing because it had so much going for it. Cool premise, promising set-up and a lead actor who's famous for over the top performances...how do you come away with something so meh.

Wrong Turn was a dope reimagining of the concept. The violence and deaths are over the top and it's paced well. It's one of those movies where different parts could have dragged, but it knew to keep things moving and got you from grizzly kill to grizzly kill. You'll have to suspend your disbelief to make this thing work, but it's a friggin' Wrong Turn movie...have fun with it. I dug this ish a lot, will suggest it to friends.

Speaking of suggesting a movie to friends, I kinda loved Bloody Hell. A dude gets out prison from a high profile case and flees to the middle of nowhere...only to be kidnapped and locked in a basement by a family that plans to feed him to their son. It's a horror comedy that's legitimately pretty funny in places. Not a major spoiler, but a scene worth being surprised by,
A child gets head kicked by a grown man and it's completely understandable in a dark, twisted, laugh out loud kinda way.
It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, very sarcastic but also flirts with chasing edgy humor to point of being corny. I liked it though, fast paced and fun.

Red Dot is a more serious joint, intense action-thriller type stuff. A couple goes on a remote vacation in one of those cold, mountainy locations and find themselves being hunted out in the cold with very little to defend or protect themselves. This is a high tension joint, I think of Green Room and the Owners for the same type of fears being evoked in different settings. They're all escape and survive movies that don't really slow down once they start to move. Red Dot kinda reaches on the conclusion, but it's worth the ride and sports a super dark closer.

I'm a little past halfway through a supernatural mystery thriller called The Empty Man that had a pretty interesting opening. The main plot focuses on a man investigating some HS kids who've disappeared after doing a ritual on a bridge, Candyman style. The Empty Man was supposed to get them after three days and well...now they're missing. It's an interesting movie, it's had some really strong scenes and moments even halfway through. But it's also a bit disjointed. There's a fifteen minute opener that barely connects to the main plot. Then you get the story of the High Schoolers. Then you get the ensuing investigation. They're all connected, but feel like they could be three different stories to me...we'll see, it's still got some time.

I've watched a gang of flicks, so maybe I'll think of some more to mention. These are the recent watches that have stuck out for me though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Haven't dropped any horror thoughts in a minute. Some recent watches and thoughts:

Willy's Wonderland was a horror premise on top of an action-comedy. It was funny and campy, but I was a little bit disappointed. Having Nicholas Cage play a silent role feels like a huge waste of potential and the action scenes were pretty lame. It was just okay and that's disappointing because it had so much going for it. Cool premise, promising set-up and a lead actor who's famous for over the top performances...how do you come away with something so meh.

Wrong Turn was a dope reimagining of the concept. The violence and deaths are over the top and it's paced well. It's one of those movies where different parts could have dragged, but it knew to keep things moving and got you from grizzly kill to grizzly kill. You'll have to suspend your disbelief to make this thing work, but it's a friggin' Wrong Turn movie...have fun with it. I dug this ish a lot, will suggest it to friends.

Speaking of suggesting a movie to friends, I kinda loved Bloody Hell. A dude gets out prison from a high profile case and flees to the middle of nowhere...only to be kidnapped and locked in a basement by a family that plans to feed him to their son. It's a horror comedy that's legitimately pretty funny in places. Not a major spoiler, but a scene worth being surprised by,
A child gets head kicked by a grown man and it's completely understandable in a dark, twisted, laugh out loud kinda way.
It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, very sarcastic but also flirts with chasing edgy humor to point of being corny. I liked it though, fast paced and fun.

Red Dot is a more serious joint, intense action-thriller type stuff. A couple goes on a remote vacation in one of those cold, mountainy locations and find themselves being hunted out in the cold with very little to defend or protect themselves. This is a high tension joint, I think of Green Room and the Owners for the same type of fears being evoked in different settings. They're all escape and survive movies that don't really slow down once they start to move. Red Dot kinda reaches on the conclusion, but it's worth the ride and sports a super dark closer.

I'm a little past halfway through a supernatural mystery thriller called The Empty Man that had a pretty interesting opening. The main plot focuses on a man investigating some HS kids who've disappeared after doing a ritual on a bridge, Candyman style. The Empty Man was supposed to get them after three days and well...now they're missing. It's an interesting movie, it's had some really strong scenes and moments even halfway through. But it's also a bit disjointed. There's a fifteen minute opener that barely connects to the main plot. Then you get the story of the High Schoolers. Then you get the ensuing investigation. They're all connected, but feel like they could be three different stories to me...we'll see, it's still got some time.

I've watched a gang of flicks, so maybe I'll think of some more to mention. These are the recent watches that have stuck out for me though.
I liked all the movies mentioned (to varying degrees) except for The Empty Man that I thought was terrible in every way.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The Scariest Horror Movie Scene, Every Year Since 1990

Scariest horror movie scenes from 1990- present
interesting list.
A few of my favorites are on there:

2003's Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The hammer kill introducing Leatherface

2004's Saw: Reverse bear trap

2005's The Devil's Rejects: Housekeeping

2006's The Hills Have Eyes: Doug facing the mutants

2008's The Strangers: Kristen smoking a cigarette

2010's Insidious: The demon behind Josh

2011's You're Next: Dinner deaths

2012's Sinister: The lawnmower Deaths

2013's The Conjuring: The witch and the wardrobe

2019's Midsommar: Dani's family

2020's The Invisible Man: Cecilia's sister

Somebody is not going to like a few of these
giphy.gif

Hi @Jello Biafra - I hope your day is going well. I’m good - just out here taking a break from my work projects, browsing current horror film news. Found an article that might be of interest to you. :whistle:

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

interesting list.

giphy.gif

Hi @Jello Biafra - I hope your day is going well. I’m good - just out here taking a break from my work projects, browsing current horror film news. Found an article that might be of interest to you. :whistle:
Damn, this is one of my favorite scenes in a rather weak movie overall

The way Mary Shaw grinned :damn::damn::damn:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Army of the Dead
Following a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantine zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.
Starring: Dave Bautista, Ella Purnell, Ana de la Reguera, Matthias Schweighöfer, Nora Arnezeder, Hiroyuki Sanada, Raúl Castillo, Michael Cassidy, and Garret Dillahunt.
A Zack Snyder film. On Netflix May 21.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

interesting list.

giphy.gif

I agree about the Texas Chainsaw remake one. It was a perfectly shot scene that let tension build and showed how brutal Leatherface was going to be.
200.gif

On the other hand, the only thing scary about that Devil's Rejects scene is the ridiculous amount of shaky cam Zombie used and just how derivative and unoriginal every aspect of it was. But that is to be expected from Zombie...even his best film is pretty much trash.

4949edabec2ae496fdee21b2856e2ff7.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

interesting list.

giphy.gif

Those are dope scenes. The shyt from the strangers still gets me to this day. Watching it in a theater and seeing everyone notice it at different moments and all have the same reaction? Priceless. Horror is made for the theater.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I liked all the movies mentioned (to varying degrees) except for The Empty Man that I thought was terrible in every way.

It completely dropped off a cliff about five minutes after I mentioned it. The whole “three barely connected stories” thing never fixed itself and just got more convoluted as they went on. I really loved the very beginning (dude falling in the rock formation and going weirdo on em but even that concluded sloppy tbh) and the bridge scenes, everything else is crap. I’m upset at what could have been with that one.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Damn, this is one of my favorite scenes in a rather weak movie overall

The way Mary Shaw grinned :damn::damn::damn:

I wasn’t initially a fan of dead silence but going back after seeing how wan grew from it, I really enjoy it now. It’s got a bit of that era to its style but also hits some of the features that wan bodied in his future work.

also, mary Shaw >>> every other supernatural threat wan has come up with including annabelle imo