Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Apparently 400 people disagree- make that 401 :coffee:.
Oh look, one of the top 10 franchises is paying homage to Rob Zomb for being an influence and inspiration on the slasher genre.

Rob Zombie being inspired by filthy backwoods hicks isn't really a surprise or something to be proud of.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hunted
A modern and radical take on the Little Red Riding Hood fable, HUNTED is an exhilarating, transcendent, and frequently brutal survival tale that elevates itself with the power of myth and magic, while still holding an exacting mirror to present-day society.
Starring: Magritte Award-winning actors Lucie Debay (THE CONFESSION) and Arieh Worthalter (GIRL). Directed by Vincent Paronnaud, co-director of PERSEPOLISE. A Shudder Original.
Premieres January 14

Hunted was pretty decent especially the way the main character became progressively more feral over the course of the film.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I would push back on Jason or Michael being slowful and neither of them have ever been chunky and I must have missed the movies where they were crossdressing.
Jason let his mommy fight his battles bc he was afraid of being bullied at summer camp and Michael had an unhealthy incest like obsession with his own sister for 20 years and tried to kill his own niece.. but I’ll let you tell it. Leatherface was born into his family of cannibal clan members and was psychologically disturbed. That’s a story worth expanding on.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Jason let his mommy fight his battles bc he was afraid of being bullied at summer camp and Michael had an unhealthy incest like obsession with his own sister for 20 years and tried to kill his own niece.. but I’ll let you tell it. Leatherface was born into his family of cannibal clan members and was psychologically disturbed. That’s a story worth expanding on.
Soft slow white trash hillbilly who likes to dress in drag and eat people...sounds scintillating.
PositiveHeavyDwarfrabbit-max-1mb.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Soft slow white trash hillbilly who likes to dress in drag and eat people...sounds scintillating.
PositiveHeavyDwarfrabbit-max-1mb.gif
I’m not talking about that one . The TCM franchise for me didn’t start until the 2003 release, the one with Jessica Beihl, you jumping froggy jackass and all he did was wear human masks - idk about all of that other shyt. You can stfu about all that .
:hhh:
CTRB.gif

85f0865938d312b3a67e866f0e5fb768.gif

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rob Zombie being inspired by filthy backwoods hicks isn't really a surprise or something to be proud of.
:deadrose::deadrose:
House of 1000 Chainsaws: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and Rob Zombie

:ohhh::smugdraper:

house-of-1000-corpses.jpg
Additionally, there is some powerful parallel imagery in both films. Both Hooper and Zombie employ the use of harsh red and green lighting to create an odd sense of tampered spatial awareness in their sets and scenery. The Sawyer family’s underground lair seems to be an endless labyrinth of the macabre with twists and turns at every corner while the Firefly compound and the underground home of Dr. Satan have the same sense of surreal architecture as characters stumble and scream their way through the shadowy landscape.

The films seem to exploit the horror of a small decision leading to a vortex of hellish terror at the hands of redneck savages. A deeper study of these films would likely unveil a deeper theme of the destruction of the privileged upper class (the kids in House of 1000 Corpses, Stretch the radio DJ) by the hardworking lower class(the Sawyer and Firefly clans), but that’s a whole different discussion.

Cinematic horror Genius level shyt
:ohlawd:

Though there is no official, recognized connection between the films, House of 1000 Corpses can be seen as a spiritual companion piece to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, and brings the story out of the 80’s and into the post-9/11 era of horror cinema.

Watching these two films back-to-back really makes you wonder how things might’ve went if Rob Zombie had been given the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise to reboot rather than the Halloween series.

Time will tell - :coffee: seems like a natural progression that he could get that TCM remake 2- 2022 directorial nod
0b866f01124fbfe0f5e48f6a03ffdfb8_w200.gif

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

I've been heavily anticipating this one and I still don't know what it's gonna be about other than Wan dipping his feet into giallo water. Just glad he's back on the horror streets. :smugdraper: